• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
fuX3vqf.png

that's why
Oh wow, I guess they were right in playing it safe.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Kamala looks really good, this is a great trailer.

This, I have no idea why they didn't put their best foot forward with Kamala back at E3. I get that they wanted to show off the mainstream Avengers first, but there's such a thing as playing it too safe.

It's funny, on Era everyone is excited about Kamala but on Twitter it's a bunch of people commenting that she's boring and is a terrible protagonist. So.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's funny, on Era everyone is excited about Kamala but on Twitter it's a bunch of people commenting that she's boring and is a terrible protagonist. So.

Twitter is inundated with Russian bots and little racist white kids though

Oh cool, the lead combat designer Vince Napoli had the same role on the new God Of War.
www.gamesradar.com

God of War's combat designer is working on Marvel's Avengers - here's how he's building better superheroes

I spoke to Vince Napoli, lead combat designer for Marvel's Avengers, about what fans should expect when it comes to fighting like a hero

I am really impressed with how this is coming along. Sounds like exactly what I want out of this type of game.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
This game went from a 0 to 100 for me. Its cute that theyre letting the avengers guest star in this Kamala game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man, picking Baker and North to voice 2 of the main characters in this was such a bad decision, it takes me out of the whole thing when I hear them because I know what they sound like and they're not using their range here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
This is definitely a much better showing for the game than at E3 and not just because I love the character.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks like it's coming together nicely. And it's nice that Kamala is set to explode onto the scene with this and the upcoming Disney+ show (and other projects Marvel have used her in over the last few years).

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they give her a fitting face and voice? That goes against this game's whole aesthetic.

Her powers gross me out, but she looks real cool here when she's being just a weird kid from New Jersey without any overgrown bits. Loved the bit at the end.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Same here. In fact I don't even know her, is she part of the avengers in the comics?

She's a very popular comic character and was also in the trailer at E3 (or a bit after?) where it played the same bit in this trailer of her falling over and getting gassed.
Would be very odd to show her super power origin and not make her playable, even if it was as DLC or post launch content or sequel bait.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamala looks really good, this is a great trailer.

I'm willing to bet half the people complaining about Kamala don't know the first thing about her.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, she is the main character? That's great! Looks way more interesting now than at E3.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
You can see that progress was made on the faces. They look much better now.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge fan of this. Kamala is a great character and so are her comics.

Definitely looking forward to this game even more now.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Comic fanboy embarrassing or racist/sexist embarrassing?

Or both?

most of the comments are like along the lines of nobody know who she is, suggesting they only are including her because of "woke culture", or saying they're not going to be buying the game now without elaborating, so you can guess why

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kamala is all I needed in this world. I wasn't planning on getting this till they revealed her as the main protagonist .

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
most of the comments are like along the lines of nobody know who she is or suggesting they only are including her because of "woke culture"
I love people who say this in a world were The Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man got to be major motion pictures.

Like do they stop and think long enough to figure out how these characters are supposed to become "known" in the first place?

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I continue to not feel the character designs in this game. They're just so meh.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but this is one of the absolute worst story setups I've seen in a AAA game in a really long time and their last two games were the completely story incompetent Tomb Raider reboot and sequel.

There is no reason whatsoever to have a fakeout Captain America death, it's just a terrible idea that makes no story-sense whatsoever. It's like 50% as dumb as Superman's death in Batman vs. Superman which was insane in dumbness.
I guess for you, liking this game just wasn't meant to be.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I love people who say this in a world were The Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man got to be major motion pictures.

Like do they stop and think long enough to figure out how these characters are supposed to become "known" in the first place?

I used that line of reasoning on someone and all I got was a lol reaction. So it's pretty obvious they don't have anything substantive to say.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best hero they've shown so far in terms of character dynamic and gameplay. The realistic artstyle makes it weird for the morphogenic powers to look at though, reminds me of Kirby's feet fan art.

Kamala Khan is awesome

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like she's the protagonist of the game, as rumored.

This is the correct way to go seeing Kamala doesn't have her live action counterpart to compare to. It's unfortunate she's in an Avengers game so they had to make you be able to control them first. Hope we get to see more characters that aren't adapted into movies, tv or games yet.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
she looks SUPER fun to play as, awesome rig and cool animations. I love how she seamlessly squashes and stretches while doing some parkour. Surprised she's the main character
To the surprise of nobody, but it's good to have confirmation. She's voiced by Sandra Saad.
I had no idea!

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh. So like the wonder twins from the justice league. Way cooler
Bit more complicated than that, she can turn into other people like Mystique, she can stretch and size shift like Mr.Fantastic and Ant-Man, and she can turn into non-human things but if she does the latter she screws up her cells a bit and permanently makes her healing factor a bit weaker.