• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Appears to be an embargoed press release that was published as it even has quotes about the game.

The article is in Spanish so I've machine translated it:

Ubisoft will announce today, during the Facebook Connect event held at 7:30 p.m. Spanish time, two of its main sagas adapted to Oculus virtual reality: Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.
The titles are led by Red Storm Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Ubisoft Düsseldorf, and Ubisoft Mumbai. They are original and created from scratch for Oculus, but keeping the typical elements of each series.
"We are always exploring new ways to leverage technology to create memorable gaming experiences," says Elizabeth Loverso of Red Storm Entertainment. "Oculus' next-generation hardware will allow us to bring the worlds of Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell to life in a new way for fans. These games will take full advantage of Oculus technology to deliver immersive and emotional experiences that gamers don't. they will be able to experience the same anywhere else."
"We are delighted to be working with Ubisoft to bring two of their AAA licenses to virtual reality. They are an exceptional partner constantly creating innovative content, and Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell on the Oculus platform will be no different. Players will have impressive experiences. and immersive within two worlds that they are passionate about and that until now were only available in 2D, and we are looking forward to bringing these games made for virtual reality to fans of each series, as well as new audiences, "says Mike Verdu of Facebook Reality Labs.

vandal.elespanol.com

Assassin's Creed y Splinter Cell tendrán dos juegos originales para Oculus

Las dos sagas se adaptarán a la realidad virtual de Oculus, experiencias diseñadas específicamente para estos dispositivos pero manteniendo las características de las licencias originales.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They've been talking about these two VR games for a while now... time to finally see 'em.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Sam Fisher not being the protagonist of a new Splinter Cell game, being in his nightmare of being in every Ubisoft game except his own.

No really, I don't have VR anything, but I'm excited Splinter Cell exists in the mind of someone there.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubi using their c-team for these. Poor VR (like PoP fans).

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure Oculus is co-funding them. Though Vader Immortal did eventually make it to PSVR so who knows.
They are definitly Oculus-funded and exclusives. We'll see if Sony decides to takes VR seriously or not if a PS VR 2 comes.
Vader Immortal VR is published by Disney Electronics, not Oculus.

These two games are like MoH VR, funded by Oculus and they will remain Oculus exclusives.
Alright guys I'll just be in the corner

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Does Facebook have any good will left among VR enthusiasts?

Plenty. They consistently put out some of the best (affordable) hardware and they're a top tier VR software publisher with some of the best VR games available made/funded by them.

Some people are (rightfully) grumpy about all things Facebook, but Oculus are still the big guys in VR.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Splinter cell announced, yay!

VR only, erm ok well not great but I have PSVR

Oculus only.

Eh... poor Sam Fisher, he deserves better.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've assumed for a while that if another SC game was coming, it would be a VR title.

VR stealth sounds like it could be fun.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Facebook and Ubisoft is like one of the worst possible collabs in this industry. Couldn't pay me to stay further away from this.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Splinter Cell is my favorite franchise, and while I don't currently own a VR device, this very well may be what pushes me over the edge... We'll see.

It's sad this this is how we finally get a "new" Splinter Cell game.

There are so many ways to make it work, not necessarily in the Ubisoft formula, but alas.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
As long as it is only a timed exclusive, I'm okay with all of this. I'll never buy an Oculus headset with all the future stupidity requiring a Facebook account.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I bet that splinter cell game will not feature Sam Fisher, he's too busy being in other shitty games.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Not thrilled about the AC title since melee VR isn't my thing but I will be all over the Splinter Cell game.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Please be long, deep and polished AAA experiences, we need more of those, not simple and short games. Alyx has ruined most of VR games for me.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Damn it's always Oculus. Oh well hope it is cool , I want to see what they are like. And maybe one day I'll buy it at a discount to play through revive.