• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
giphy.gif

If not bait then you need to look back on what you just wrote as that's pretty much supporting genocide and organ trade from innocent victims. That's fucked up to say the least.
Really? Think about what you just typed in the really real world. If anything is fucked up that kind of equivalency is dramatically fucked up.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I have thought about it and alot of it is hyperbole such as Nintendo (not so much Riot Games) but Apple has straight out been known to have removed things for China, the latest being the Quartz news app which was doing heavy coverage of the Hong Kong protests and that is not their first. " The publication says it received a notice from Apple that the app "includes content that is illegal in China." " They even removed a Taiwan Emoji.
So it is very relevant to this situation even if oddly not worth the same attention. The difference in reaction seems rather off to me personally.

It will be relevant in Apple threads, as it is relevant in Riot Games threads.
As has been explained time and time again, it is preferable to be inconsistent in your boycotts and activism than throwing your arms up lamenting "well everyone does it anyway, it's pointless to single out one company", because if you do that, nothing ever changes.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really? Think about what you just typed in the really real world. If anything is fucked up that kind of equivalency is dramatically fucked up.
Maybe go read their posts again?

Blizzard banned a player for saying "Free Hong Kong" because they support China. And what does China do right now? What I just described.

So go ahead and tell me what "I fully support Blizzard on banning the player" means.
Holy fucking shit, Era. Really?
Yes really.

Don't like my post then report it and let the mods decide.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Maybe go read their posts again?

Blizzard banned a player for saying "Free Hong Kong" because they support China. And what does China do right now? What I just described.

So go ahead and tell me what "I fully support Blizzard on banning the player" means.
My views on the situation are well documented I will not rehash that. One does not equal the other. To begin with the person I am fairly sure was being sarcastic. Even If they were not A does not equal B.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My views on the situation are well documented I will not rehash that. One does not equal the other. To begin with the person I am fairly sure was being sarcastic. Even If they were not A does not equal B.
Explain then, how does someone saying they support a company that support a country that commits these crimes against humanity mean they don't support the same views?

Someone saying they personally support what Blizzard has done and how they did it is complict in supporting genocide. And yes Blizzard is supporting genocide by defending china. No matter how you sugercoat it.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Explain then, how does someone saying they support a company that support a country that commits these crimes against humanity mean they don't support the same views?

Someone saying they personally support what Blizzard has done and how they did it is complict in supporting genocide. And yes Blizzard is supporting genocide by defending china. No matter how you sugercoat it.
So just to confirm because it has not been done a million times already, anyone supporting a company that supports a country like China that commits these crimes is complicit?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I recently bought Book of Adria. I guess it is time now to read it along with Book of Cain and Book of Tyrael to refresh my Diablo memories in time for BlizzCon. :D

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory accusations and generalizations against other members over a series of posts
So just to confirm because it has not been done a million times already, anyone supporting a company that supports a country that commits these crimes is complicit?
If you are posting what he posted then yes you are fully complict.

If you know what is going on in china and still do support them even when they still censor and try to sugercoat what is going in China then yes you are still complict. You might not support their views but your money is still going into their pockets.

If you don't know what they are doing and buy it then that's indirectly supporting them but it can be excused as you being ignorant on the issue.

If you know about the issue then don't try to suger coat it. Admit you don't care and move on.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
If you are posting what he posted then yes you are fully complict.

If you know what is going on in china and still do support them even when they still censor and try to sugercoat what is going in China then yes you are still complict. You might not support their views but your money is still going into their pockets.

If you don't know what they are doing and buy it then that's indirectly supporting them but it can be excused as you being ignorant on the issue.

If you know about the issue then don't try to suger coat it. Admit you don't care and move on.
This is where the equivalency comes in and you need a hell of a reality check about how much support you give China in your day to day life for someone on such a high horse.
Sometimes choosing battles is more effective and important.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Diablo 3 had a rough start but I ended up putting in quite a bit of time into it. It's also one of the few games I've double dipped on. Definitely interested to see what they've got in store for 4.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is where the equivalency comes in and you need a hell of a reality check about how much support you give China in your day to day life for someone on such a high horse.
Sometimes choosing battles is more effective and important.
Choosing battles?

I understand how someone buying a mobile phone or a PC might be forced into it due to how much things are made in china. But a freaking video game? An entertainment tool that you can live without?

The one needing a reality check would be you, friend.