• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes we get it. Not every Blizzard thread needs to be swamped with these posts. It contributes nothing to Hong Kong or the threads themselves. Blizzard nor the posters here can liberate Hong Kong.

Anyway I hope Diablo 4 will be shown soon and that it can somehow be a return to form and a reinvention at the same time. I don't know if today's Blizzard can do it, but Overwatch turned out great so I know they still have some talent there.

Between Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 rumors, I'm pretty excited.

Fuck Blizzard

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that would consider me giving a shit would be Blizzard's apology and changing their stance on Hong Kong @ Blizzcon.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Blizzard will never ever be comfortable with the decisions they made and that people are constantly reminded of what they did.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
That's pretty awkward... Is that still from Panini? I have fond memories of selling their Blizzard books at Games Convention during an internship ten years ago :)

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I dont really mind another session of discussing about Blizzard's terrible decisions in the last few weeks but 'Free Hong Kong, Fuck Blizzard' is just a weak drive by post at this point.
That's funny cause that has been happening for months on Thq related games. Sorry mate but people are gonna do this in every thread now. Unless they turn a blind eye to it after a couple of announcements.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fuckin hilarious how some people are now saying dont bring this Hong King thing up in every thread meanwhile THQ threads can still be constantly brought up.

That's funny cause that has been happening for months on Thq related games. Sorry mate but people are gonna do this in every thread now. Unless they turn a blind eye to it after a couple of announcements.
Does this happen in the Apple threads? They've proven they're basically in bed with the Chinese government. I wonder how many "Fuck Blizzard" posters read this forum on their iOS devices.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I don't remember seeing that merchant before

71H3KOCRtTL.jpg

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Day one if true. Love me some Diablo.
Does this happen in the Apple threads? They've proven they're basically in bed with the Chinese government. I wonder how many "Fuck Blizzard" posters read this forum on their iOS devices.
Not just Apple, Google and a host of other companies too. Stadia thread is free of any heat about the topic.

I don't pay attention. I read it and keep on going.

Last edited:

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how It´ll plays.

Nevermind the hong kong/china thing, I left Blizzard's train after Dialbo III.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
The PR machine in full swing, they will get anything out just to get the yes of the industry away from the Hong-Kong Desaster.

The game could be 5 years away

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Hong Kong. People were expecting the Diablo 4 announcement for years, and with Diablo Immortal situation last Blizzcon, it was very much expected to see D4 announcement this year. And their games are usually announced years before they are out, it is Blizzard after all. So yeah, the game could be years away, and again, it has nothing to do with Hong Kong, it's how they operate.

Anyway, whatever the reason, excited to see Diablo 4.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Yikes her outfit design.
"I mean we would love to just draw her being hot in underwear or naked, because she's a girl, you know, and that's the only reason, but we can't really do that right, because, um, people would maybe give us shit about it, I guess. But we don't really like to draw sexy men, so she's a girl. A very powerful girl though! Isn't this design cool, guys?"

- 80% of all game designers/artists

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess everyone will forget about the blizzard boycott now, how long did it last about 3 weeks?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Let's face it: Many (most) people never gave a fuck to begin with. The responses in this thread alone should make that very clear, with some outright admitting that they "don't pay attention."
No D4 (or remake) for me, if it helps. I'm also not sure if the "you're forgiven, King" posters in this thread are really the same as the "fuck Blizzard" peeps in other threads. There's a lot of people on Era.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game is good from the jump and doesn't need a bunch of patches to be as good as it's predecessor.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
You really gonna tell me were gonna get 2 new diablos, a new starcraft, new IP fps, a moba, and a card game before we fucking get wc4?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Well sure. You just seemed surprised by it.

Blizzard loves doing their waifu designs of tight XXS bodysuits and well... that like we see in D3 art, nothing new. Somewhat amazing that female crusader in D3 actually wears full plate armor sets instead of battle bikini etc.

Just felt like reacting "out loud" to that design.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Blizzard.

Diablo 3 was the woefully unfinished, with the most incompetent means of player progression that masqued itself behind a ridiculously steep itemization curve and claimed it was for difficulty, while pushing their money skimming auction house.

The company treats their employees as expendable chaff to be churned at any moment.

And then they lick the boots of an authoritarian country as they perpetrated human rights atrocities.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
What is this whataboutism drivel

(also I'm reading this forum on my Samsung device)
I have thought about it and alot of it is hyperbole such as Nintendo (not so much Riot Games) but Apple has straight out been known to have removed things for China, the latest being the Quartz news app which was doing heavy coverage of the Hong Kong protests and that is not their first. " The publication says it received a notice from Apple that the app "includes content that is illegal in China." " They even removed a Taiwan Emoji.
So it is very relevant to this situation even if oddly not worth the same attention. The difference in reaction seems rather off to me personally.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Found on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/dkbibs/new_artbook_leak_confirms_diablo_4/

Since the link is in German: A new artbook, "The Art of Diablo" will be released shortly after Blizzcon. In the upcoming issue of Gamestar magazine, there will be an ad for this artbook which says "Featuring more than 500 artworks from Diablo 1, 2, 3 and 4"

Google translate:

"Apparently Diablo 4 was officially confirmed - just not as Blizzard had thought. A new ad for the illustrated book advertises:

"Featuring over 500 artworks from Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III and Diablo IV, this book features many noteworthy artworks created for Blizzard Entertainment's iconic action RPG, which has given generations of fans everlasting nightmares."

A typo seems to be excluded here, because only all three previous parts of the series are listed individually and then the fourth is called. And the book was written by Blizzard's in-house senior writer Robert Brooks. It will be released in November, after the BlizzCon 2019. If a Diablo 4 is announced, then there - presumably, this advertisement should appear only after that.

You will find the ad among others in the new GameStar on page 27. The booklet has already been delivered to subscribers and will be on the kiosk from 23 October."

HVKFw0c.jpg

Real talk: Why do German authors hate the Oxford comma?

Ipos

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
That's great news, can't wait for Blizzcon. Also, I fully support Blizzard for banning that guy.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's really funny that some people just need to be EXTREMELY positive in a sad attempt to override the deserved criticism of Blizzard's fuck up.

That's great news, can't wait for Blizzcon. Also, I fully support Blizzard for banning that guy.
Lmao this is even better