• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://www.abc15.com/rebound/new-arizona-covid-19-unemployment-payment-system-to-be-launched-by-des

PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Economic Security is set to launch a new system to help those whose employment has been impacted by COVID-19.

The new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance system was announced Friday and is set to launch on May 12, according to a statement from DES.

The Department acquired the services of Geographic Solutions Inc. to implement a pandemic system, which aims to get help faster to people in need of benefits.

These changes include the creation of Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), which provides benefits for certain individuals who are not otherwise eligible for unemployment insurance.

This includes individuals who:

• have exhausted all rights to such benefits,
  • are self-employed,
  • are seeking part-time employment,
  • lack sufficient work history, or
  • otherwise do not qualify for regular unemployment compensation or extended benefits under state or Federal law or Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation.
PUA provides up to 39 weeks of benefits to qualifying individuals. Payments will be retroactive to the date of eligibility back to the week of February 2, 2020.
For anyone living in Arizona. I hope they can sort out the mess that is our unemployment system

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've unfortunately been affected by the pandemic and tried to file to see if I could qualify to receive some support, but got rejected through AZ's current system (self-employed = instant thumbs down). Hoping that this ends up leading to something more productive.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I've unfortunately been affected by the pandemic and tried to file to see if I could qualify to receive some support, but got rejected through AZ's current system (self-employed = instant thumbs down). Hoping that this ends up leading to something more productive.
Ive been filling this past month, but i have an "unresolved issue" and i can never get a hold of the unemployment office they are always clogged with calls. :/ Im hoping this new system will help resolve this.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
CA"s PUA (Pandemic Unemployment Assistance) will launch on April 28th. I'm an independent contractor and will be filing as soon as it goes live. If u try to apply through regular UI, u just get a letter saying u qualify for $0 worth of benefits.

Hopefully the sign up for for this goes better and quicker than the IRS's Get My Payment for the Stimulu Check