• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017

So this is...not quite what I expected out of a new Andrew W.K. song. But also it...kinda rules? I just keep listening to it and it keeps getting better (and the video is great too). Thoughts?

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
This rips. I can party with some metal Andrew W.K. Such a great riff and I love the Halford-esque scream towards the end, really extending his vocal range.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That's was pretty good!

I'm not a fan of Andrew's per say, but I've always liked what I heard and he seems like a good guy.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Its awesome, and its coming off of his last album which was incredible.

Really love AWK and glad he's back

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Definitely more on the serious side for WK. It grew on me as it went on. I liked it a lot. Video is great.

I went through a huge WK phase in my mid twenties. Coincidentally those were my biggest partying years.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
He is amazing. You're Not Alone was incredible and genuinely helped me. This shreds.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
An entire AWK album like this, or even just, like, a 5-song EP, would be splendid. Still taps into his classically trained roots but turns the damned piano down for some other ideas to emerge. Into it.

bronson

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed his stuff all those years ago too but uh

Andrew W.K. is a Libertarian "Classical Liberal" who believes in American Exceptionalism & a "big fan of Breitbart". He was a regular on Fox News show 'Red Eye' for years w/ his friend Gavin McInnes (Proud Boys) & even had his own radio show on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze radio network

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I have an Andrew WK story I can share! My buddy who was a super talented musician passed away in an unfortunate incident, he was a big WK fan and Andrew WK came to his funeral and played some beautiful piano, flew out on his own dime, didn't ask for a thing.

Andrew W.K. is a Libertarian "Classical Liberal" who believes in American Exceptionalism & a "big fan of Breitbart". He was a regular on Fox News show 'Red Eye' for years w/ his friend Gavin McInnes (Proud Boys) & even had his own radio show on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze radio network

Ah damn that sucks to hear :/, I remember him being on Red Eye but I thought he was there representing progressives, I never actually watched an episode.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

Really? Jeeze...I know very little about the guy, but I find this hard to believe. All I remember about him back in the day is that he always wears the same clothes and likes Philosophy. He also seemed like an extremely nice dude.

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017

That same person started a thread on the AWK subreddit which has some replies that seem to dismantle a lot of those accusations?

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
2Xmou0V.png

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Anyone else remember this old MTV special Crashing where Andrew W.K. stayed at a HBCU for a couple days. That's when I first started to realize the guy was an original.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

Are there actual receipts here or just some random tweet from 3 years ago

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That same person started a thread on the AWK subreddit which has some replies that seem to dismantle a lot of those accusations?

The context of that Reddit post (especially AWK's Village Voice columns) does a good job of explaining things.

Liked the video and song, there's a lot to unpack there. It almost seems like we're at a turning point in his persona... is he going to drop the Party Hard antics for something else?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The context of that Reddit post (especially AWK's Village Voice columns) does a good job of explaining things.

Liked the video and song, there's a lot to unpack there. It almost seems like we're at a turning point in his persona... is he going to drop the Party Hard antics for something else?

WK changed a while ago. Unless you were actively following him, you wouldn't notice. Anyways, he put an album out that was just piano a few years ago.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is some generic-ass hobby-tier metal. What do people see in that? It's not even catchy like one or two of his better known songs.

Last edited:

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
That is some generic-ass hobby-tier metal. What do people see in that? It's not even catchy like one or two of his better known songs.
It pains me to agree with this (I thought You're Not Alone was a really fun album and was hoping this would have that same type of energy). Nothing in this song is interesting.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Being unfamiliar with his music and many of the references he's connecting is making it fun(in a puzzling way) trying to figure out what he's going on about.

Set up for some kind of ultimate party?

Minimalism giving the impression of things reducing to a void.

Would play well at Milliways.