• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there's any chance of them bringing AoE (maybe the Definitive Edition?) to console now that they're pushing mouse and keyboard support there.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im going to start crying the second that I hear AOE classic theme

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please! I'm a bit tired of waiting to know what timeframe AOE4 will cover.
tbh I doubt we will see anything on AOE4 until E3.

this will at most be news about the remakes of 2 and 3 which are being developed at the same time. but probably the most likely news out of this will be about existing stuff, so AOE DE news. maybe a xbox release or a release on another pc store.

OP
OP

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
I suppose we'll hear something about Gamepass PC, new Windows Store and AOE 2 de and maybe First teaser or info on AOE 4

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Holy shit, I complete forgot this was happening. I still remember seeing the art for a modern one in my AOE3 box from release. I've longed for a new Age of Empires game.

Hell, I've longed for an RTS game that isn't too in-depth and more accessible.

OP
OP

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
tbh I doubt we will see anything on AOE4 until E3.

this will at most be news about the remakes of 2 and 3 which are being developed at the same time. but probably the most likely news out of this will be about existing stuff, so AOE DE news. maybe a xbox release or a release on another pc store.

Big news relating to AoEDE are incoming patch.

Inside Xbox Will focus on something new
"Age of Empires will have a segment on Inside Xbox in March! Make sure to tune in here when we go live, because we're going to have some very exciting announcements!

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017
Why does 3 need a remake? It still looks incredible in my opinion. 2 will get an entirely new artstyle I presume? Hard to improve HD's visuals without a clear break.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
c5d3ud8q2u2z.jpg
just give me this

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Big news relating to AoEDE are incoming patch.

Inside Xbox Will focus on something new
"Age of Empires will have a segment on Inside Xbox in March! Make sure to tune in here when we go live, because we're going to have some very exciting announcements!
just be warned. Xbox Marketing has a tendency to hype things up way too much. So I wouldn't go in expecting too much.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Why does 3 need a remake? It still looks incredible in my opinion. 2 will get an entirely new artstyle I presume? Hard to improve HD's visuals without a clear break.
I haven't played it in awhile but I assume it will need some fit and finish touches for modern pcs. Higher resolutions usualy don't play well with older game UI's.

I think with the first Age Remaster they used existing code, so the remakes should be faithful to the originals. Just with modern touches.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
This is good news! I really like Age of Empires, but I really wish I could get another Age of Mythology game. I loved it growing up, and have found nothing that shares the same theme since.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Relic's Dawn of War 3 was one of my biggest gaming disappointments so I'm pretty worried about AOE4 honestly :/

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Hope AoE2:DE isn't exclusive to Windows Store. An AoE2 version that's W10 Store exclusive would go down faster than a lead balloon.

With the lack of respect shown to AoE2 HD on Steam I can't say the community has too much faith in it, and all of the long term players and pro players will probably stick to Voobly version.