• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Holy fucking shit, how can GP keep killing it???? World War Z? I was THIS close a month or two ago to buying that.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Okay, what about PC?

So annoying they keep announcing these separately, Game Pass PC is starting to feel like a second-class service which is super disappointing.

It's also really surprising how many people (on a forum like this) still don't know that Outer Worlds is coming to Game Pass.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yooka-Laylee is definitely worth giving a try everyone. It's not excellent but there aren't many of its kind nowadays and I feel that its shortcomings are more than a little overblown by disappointed backers who were obviously very invested.

It's a good 3D platformer.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, what about PC?

So annoying they keep announcing these separately, Game Pass PC is starting to feel like a second-class service which is super disappointing.

It's also really surprising how many people (on a forum like this) still don't know that Outer Worlds is coming to Game Pass.

I guess the PC lineup is usually a few games less than the console one. Announcing them at different times stops those easy comparisons and doesn't make PC Game Pass look so bad. If you see a list of 10 games coming to Game Pass for console and only 5 of them are hitting PC then it's not a great look. Announcing PC a week later or so with it's own announcement might be a smarter PR tactic.

Dead annoying though. It's got well confusing since they started splitting up announcements (even for console you get two a month or whatever now).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2, one of my top games from this generation.

If you haven't played DIshonored 2, play it, give it a chance. It has some of the best level design from any game that I've ever played.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Okay, what about PC?

I think they separated them as when they were combines there was a tonne of confusion or why is this here, of this isn't on this one.

Anyway PC is normally pretty soon after.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is just nuts!

I wonder if they will start selling a premium edition where these games stay on the service for longer - it's going to take me literally 6 months to give all the games just announced a decent try out, and that's ignoreing the 10-15 games i already have on my MUST PLAY backlog...

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
WWZ is an excellent, overlooked game. Please play it.

It's also getting crossplay support (at least for the main PvE mode) in an update pretty soon.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Dishonored 2, one of my top games from this generation.

If you haven't played DIshonored 2, play it, give it a chance. It has some of the best level design from any game that I've ever played.

This.

And this.

Also worth pointing out that Dishonoured 2 got a massive upgrade on the X, so if you originally played it on the OG Xbox One and have since picked up an X, play it again.

I'm trying to spread the good word. I just love that series so much.

01DragonFly

Chicken Chaser
Nov 9, 2017
So many awesome games coming this month cant waitt to play Fallout NV and Outer world

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't really matter because Windows Store locks games down very hard anyway. You are unable to access folders for Game Pass games, meaning no mods ever and you have to use third party programs to add them to Steam Big Picture.

Actually, they seem to be changing this, the mod part at least. Dirt Rally 2.0 installed into a folder called "ModifiableWindowsApps" for me, and I didn't need to do any permission trickery to open it and or read files etc. MS's dev docs say it's some kind of virtual copy that allows modding?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like them announcing the PC and Console additions at different times. Very annoying.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, been looking to try Dishonored 2 for quite a while. Great add, will definitely check it out.

And then Outer Worlds coming soon... so good.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing New Vegas thanks to BC, so it'll be nice to just have it available digitally.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Dishonored 2 looks absolutely fucking stupid good on X if you guys were wondering, well worth your time:

11-16-2017_4-29-42_pmcga3b.png

11-16-2017_4-07-44_pmkhuam.png

11-16-2017_4-06-41_pmxouuc.png

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Dream scenario is The Outer Worlds on XGP has cross-save with the upcoming Switch port. I'd gladly start it now.

But as it stands, there's just too much to play at the moment.

Panzer Dragoon Orta and Dishonored 2 is great though.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
How necessary is it to have played Dishonored 1 prior to jumping in on 2?

Not at all necessary. The story will seem super cheesy (and it *is* cheesy regardless), but the game basically sets up everything you need to know in the first 2 seconds

Basics of DIshonored:

You're the royal protector for the empress of this London-esque city state in a 19th century-like world. The empress is murdered in the first moments of the game and her daughter -- the future empress -- is kidnapped, by assailants who have magic-like powers. You're charged with the crime of murdering the empress and you get pulled into a royal conspiracy of over-throwing the empress. Along the way, you also get magic-like powers; You discover the roots of the conspiracy, meet some allies and foes along the way (who return for Dishonored 2), rescue the princess, and she rightly assumes the throne.

Dishonored 2 starts with the princess now being empress, and she is visited by a visitor she's not expecting. The game gives you the choice to control the character from Dishonored 1 or the empress, and away you go.

There's shit that happens in between, characters that you meet in Dishonored 2 who are in Dishonored 1, characters referenced, the origins of your magic powers, etc., but you can basically just play through without picking those all up. Also the Dishonored 1 DLC directly leads into the Dishonored 2 story, but it's the same deal. It'll just seem a little cheesy, but that's all. TBH, the main storyline in Dishonored 1 & 2 is cheesy, it's the side stuff, the world building, the side characters, etc., that I think are the best story telling aspects of it.

Last edited:

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all necessary. The story will seem super cheesy (and it *is* cheesy regardless), but the game basically sets up everything you need to know in the first 2 seconds

Basics of DIshonored:

You're the royal protector for the empress of this London-esque city state. The empress is murderer in the first moments of the game and her daughter -- the future empress -- is kidnapped, by assailants who have magic-esque powers. You're charged with the crime of murdering the empress and you get pulled into a royal conspiracy of over-throwing the empress. Along the way, you also get magic-esque powers; You discover the roots of the conspiracy, meet some allies and foes along the way (who return for Dishonored 2), rescue the princess, and she rightly assumes the throne.

Dishonored 2 starts with the princess now being empress, and she is visited by a visitor she's not expecting. The game gives you the choice to control the character from Dishonored 1 or the empress.

Cool. Thanks for the recap.
Will definitely download and check out 2.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
This reminded me to check my current subscription status for Outer Worlds. I bought 2 months for 2$ in the beginning of September for Gears 5 and my subscription management page says it will auto renew on December 12 for some reason. Did MS randomly give me an extra month+a few days?

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
can we get Devil May Cry 5 on PC Game Pass?...it's available on Xbox GP but not PC...

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Lots of good games, excited for this month. Certainly seems like every Bethesda game outside of Skyrim goes on Gamepass so I'm sure it's a matter of time before Rage 2 and Youngblood get added. Maybe they can be big November and December additions.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Its been so long since I played it, I'm flying through Orta again for sure.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, been wanting to check out World War Z for a while

Also, play DIshonored 2 folks, its an incredible game