• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
LOST was one of my favorite shows of all time, especially the first two seasons. And while I think the series ended with a whimper, in the grand scheme of things it was still an incredible ride.

The show ended in 2010 and It seems some people, (like Karey Burke, the President of ABC) want to fire up the ol' Smoke Monster for one more go.

Ahead of Burke's debut TCA session as President of ABC Entertainment, the Disney-owned broadcaster played a clip of some of its biggest hits. The clip opened with a spot from the third season finale where Matthew Fox's Jack told Evangeline Lilly's Kate that they needed to go back to the island – one of the show's most memorable moments.

When asked by Deadline whether we should read anything into the choice of this clip, she joked, "you should".

So what say you people of ERA, and former LOST fans or haters. Is it time to go back?

SOURCE: https://deadline.com/2019/02/abc-lost-return-tca-1202550219/

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, a next-generation thing could be interesting, I guess. But I think the time has passed.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yes but only when they have to find a gun and it's 100 people.

Jokes aside, we don't need a reboot of everything and besides the mystery is gone now.,

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Absolutely not.

I am one of the few that enjoyed the chaos and have rewatched it a few times over...a reboot will likely try to "answer questions". No no no no no. Let it be the glorious and entertaining shit show that it was.

For a while didn't they try to make Once Upon a Time their new "Lost"?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping they'd eventually do a show where Ben and Hurley were protecting the island together.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate how we're rebooting things that are barely old now. We've rebooted everything else, so might as well reboot shit from 10 years ago.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reboot vs 'part of the universe' are different things to me. A reboot implies remake, which seems silly to me. But if they want to expand on things, hey, go for it.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be into something in the style of Lost that is a bit better thought out and planned but a reboot sounds a bit unappealing, but who knows, it could address the flaws of the original and build of its strong premise and ideas.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I love LOST and I think they should, but it's way too soon. The show only ended 9 years ago. If they decide to reboot/sequel, the narative and mythology needs to be a little tighter for the 2nd go. It seems they had to change some plot points after the actor who played Mr. Eko wanted out of the show.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
No reboot.

Instead do something new that is equally ambitious and groundbreaking.

Getting sick of shit getting remade endlessly...

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
No thank you.

No one wants to just see a rehash of the series and trying to make a Lost-like is pretty difficult. Just look at all the cancelled shows that tried to mimic it.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If it delivered, sure.

Also if it was less long. Those hour long episodes you could really feel sometimes

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Not looking for a reboot. But a continuation would be insane. I can't even begin to figure that one out.

If Lindelof and Cuse are back I'm down.

Nope. I have very bad memories of LOST because I was talking to a classmate (childhood friend) that night the series finale aired. Next day, I found out that he died in his sleep that evening after the conversation. :(

OP
OP
The Climaxan

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I'm against a full scale reboot, I agree too little time has passed.

But a continuation of the universe could be cool. There was a LOT of unexplored territory with the Dharma Initiative.

OH SHIT.

DHARMA INIATIVE & GREG. Two reboots in one. DO IT, ABC.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
No way, the whole point was trying to figure out mysteries and the like. It would need an entirely different story.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. LOST was a brilliant concept completely wasted because of the later seasons and sadly it's a concept you only get to do once.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
If they could erase the last few seasons from our collective memory and replace them with a well thought out and planned story, sure.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I loved LOST but way too mysteries thing was done poorly.