• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

2 minutes seems a bit short, but I guess they want to focus on new stuff rather than showing a bunch of footage from the old content.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Got a strong feeling Bowsers Fury will be filled to the brim with content. Maybe it's a whole separate adventure you can jump into from the menu.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that's be hype killer is if this was mainly multiplayer.

Ive got myself thinking it's gonna be a cool SP mode

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that's be hype killer is if this was mainly multiplayer.

Ive got myself thinking it's gonna be a cool SP mode
3D World's main selling point is its 3D multiplayer. Now technically they're marketing Bowser's Fury as separate from the "3D World" portion, but I'd say multiplayer functionality should still be an expectation with it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
3D World's main selling point is its 3D multiplayer. Now technically they're marketing Bowser's Fury as separate from the "3D World" portion, but I'd say multiplayer functionality should still be an expectation with it.
Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was involved in some way, and I hope it is! Like the main game.

I just don't want it to be some exclusive online multiplayer thing.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame this means there's not gonna be a direct. I really hope they aren't dead as a format, would be a big loss :/

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd buy the game again if they added Wario. But it's certainly not happening.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait for the trailer tomorrow. The new content will be enough to show this isn't just a simple Wii U port.
New playable characters: first, Daisy!

New villains: Tatanga's return!

New eight-world zone: Sarasaland!

HYPE!

15719.gif

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Wasn't the game at leas 720p on the WiiU? What other improvements could they make? Outside of gameplay changes since the controllers are different

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I'm really excited to see what Bowser's Fury is. On the other, the combination of this and the Monster Hunter event is making me think we won't see a direct for a while, which is a little sad.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are Bowser's Minions and Bowser Jr.'s Journey sizes relative to the main game of those M&L ports? That's the other time they've used the "+" so maybe it's a good measure
Y'know, this gave me a brain flash now and makes me realize that since "Bowser" is the heading title of the expansion - just like those Mario & Luigi remake campaigns - maybe this expansion has you play as Bowser somehow.

Although this doesn't really work for the Japanese version where it's called Fury World, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm interested in is Fury. I played plenty of 3D World, so the add-on content needs to be pretty beefy for me to get it.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
My hope is that Bowser's Fury is a full on expansion that those who had 3D World on the Wii U can play and buy separately. Doubt that'll be the case, though.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Curious, the fact that they announced a trailer is pretty atypical, so I'm curious to see what's up with Bowser's Fury

I hadn't planned on getting 3D World at launch (gameplay never seemed too appealing to me, since I'm not a huge fan of 2D platformers and 3D World seems to take a lot from them) but maybe this'll change my mind.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Shame this means there's not gonna be a direct. I really hope they aren't dead as a format, would be a big loss :/

Looks to me like it's done. They had the perfect announcement structure that generated a bunch of hype. And they seemed to have abandoned it.

Hopefully we actually learn what Bowser's Fury is tomorrow, but I don't expect much from a 2 minute trailer.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Welp, I suppose that's it for a Direct this month. I was expecting one soon considering that they didn't reveal anything about the extra content of 3DWorld Switch that is releasing next month but I guess they're still willing to wait for a proper Direct.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Settle down guys. Not every Wii U port can have amazing additions like Funky Kong. We can only hope Bowser's Fury can even be in the same paragraph when comparing these two ports.