• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Should be here Wednesday but may roll over to Friday.

I have never had a pro (or X) and wanted to know anything I may need to get for the system that takes advantage of it more than other games. I like Bloodbourne but haven't played the DLC yet and I haven't played titles such as the new Yakuza games. Actually, a lot of games I seemed to have missed including Ni Oh, RE7 as I was trying to cut back on spending for a while. Hopefuly some of them will be cheap enough to get now and I'd probably go for 2 over 7 anyways.

I am also thinking of switching my 3rd party purchases to the X and possibly getting it since MS has shown great support for backwards compatibility.

I still have a bit of a back log to play from when I had Plus and looking forward to finally playing RE2 among other titles. Should I get an X and would you suggest a used one? I missed the sale for $200 and the current situation isn't going to have me spending a lot too soon!

I wasn't sure if I should have went with the pro or slim but went ahead and got the pro and hoping it won't have any fan noise or other issues but I haven't kept up with the pro very much so any suggestions or advice on any of this is appreciated. I haven't even tried VR at all so that is another consideration.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If you can afford it it doesn't really make much sense to go for the Slim. You did well.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I've collected data on PS4 Pro enhancements in another thread. It's the most complete resource I'm aware of regarding this information. Hopefully it could assist you. Please feel free to ask any questions.
It's definitely a great resource.

I got a Pro since my launch PS4 was intermittently ejecting discs and beeping in the middle of the night unless it was completely turned off. I also got a 4K TV at the same time and have had PS VR since launch. The Pro is great.

OP
OP
draculabyte

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Oh, in that case that makes more sense. I carry my PS Slim a lot, it's very portable.
Yes hope for a price drop, imagining the PS5 will be a lot larger.

I've collected data on PS4 Pro enhancements in another thread. It's the most complete resource I'm aware of regarding this information. Hopefully it could assist you. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Yes it almost seems a bit overwhelming in some ways. But which game is the one that shows off the power of a pro more than others? Is that God of War or something else?