• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just the moldy part, got it

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I see mold on food, I don't examine for 'clean' parts to eat later. I throw the whole thing out.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yall clearly didn't grow up poor lol. Mom was always like "just cut the moldy part off the cheese/bread/whatever"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Scrape the mold off the bread and serve you French toast if it makes you happy.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm not going to drive all the way to the store just for some bread. It will probably be fine.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I get my penicillin when and where I want!!

How do you know the bread isn't already infested but doesn't have spore springing organs yet? It's always a gamble anyway.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I feel less bad about it now since it goes into the compost bin but yeah, not worth it.

I know not everyone has the privilege of throwing it out.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
I've been doing this since forever. Did this last week in fact, just plucked off a tiny piece of green fuzz and ate the rest of the bread. Still alive at 40 years old.
But point taken, maybe I should stop.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a lover of raw pork moldy bread sandwiches, I'm in shambles right now

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Yall clearly didn't grow up poor lol. Mom was always like "just cut the moldy part off the cheese/bread/whatever"
Yeah same.

But thanks OP for the video anyway. Will certainly keep this in mind.

I've been picking out the green bits since I was a kid. I've never had an issue.
Lots of people have that same experience. But the thing is, you might never have an issue even if you eat the moldy part - as pointed out in the video not nearly all the molds are harmful and even for the harmful ones, it might well be that they don't end up being a problem for you that time when you happen to eat it. But it's still probably not a good idea.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Sorry but what did I miss about raw pork? What are y'all referencing?

DO NOT EAT RAW PORK. its official.
www.resetera.com

Don't eat raw pork, Taiwan doctor discovers tapeworms living in patient’s legs News

https://health.ltn.com.tw/article/breakingnews/3397983 https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2021/01/02/2003749806

youll be fine

-someone whos taken like 3 mycology classes

Doesn't it depend on the bacteria that grows on it? Is bread mold capable of growing the toxic kind?
Aint the rinds of some cheeses moldy..?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I sigh at the fact that this video was necessary.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
How do you know that the bread you're eating doesn't contain invisible mycelium even though the mold does not show yet? And it could be a super duper dangerous mold type!

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
hahaha holy shit

My mother in law lives with us now and has a habit of bickering with us about "oh it's still good you can just cut off the bad part." "Don't waste that!" orrrr "This is the same stuff that is used for medicines. It's fine."

The coincidence of this video of ALL videos just popping up on resetera has made my day.

We always throw out the whole bag of bread if even one slice has any mold. This video solidifies that and thanks, now we have a video to show her if things get out of hand. wow.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
...who does this?

giphy.gif

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Oct 26, 2017
I have to stop myself from throwing out my entire fridge if something goes moldy. I could never eat fancy cheese even if it's "a good kind".

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Same with fruit that has a blackened part or whatever. Don't just cut that part and eat the rest. Throw the whole thing away.