• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Neve Campbell will reprise her role as Sidney Prescott in Paramount-Spyglass' relaunch of Scream.

She joins previously announced Scream gang David Arquette and Courteney Cox as Dewey Riley and Gale Weathers, and new cast members Jack Quaid, Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega. Production is planned to shoot in Wilmington, North Carolina for a Jan. 14, 2022 theatrical release.

The new Scream is being directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett of the filmmaking group Radio Silence (Ready or Not, V/H/S) from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick. Creator Kevin Williamson and the third member of the Radio Silence trio, Chad Villella, are executive producing with Project X Entertainment's Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak serving as producers. The franchise through four films has made more than $600M worldwide.

They're all back. Celebrate.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
What happened to Neve? Did she stop acting for a reason, or just stopped being able to book parts?

Or has she been acting all these years without me knowing?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The killer is the first killer's grandchild masterminding it all from his room at the old folks home.

We've been doing this song and dance for a while now.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really bugs me that horror movie characters that survive a movie can't just lead peaceful lives. Hollywood is the true villain here.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I genuinely enjoyed all the Scream movies*, so I'm in. Need to see 4 again at some point as I've only seen it the once.

* Except 3.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they either have to finally kill (at least one of) these characters, or not even act like their lives are threatened.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I was just thinking about watching the Scream movies last night, lol.

Can they capture the charm of the originals without Wes Craven?

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
She's gotta be the killer by now, right?

I'm gonna say she's the opening death. It's to set the stage that this is no longer Sydney's story and like they did with Barrymore's character in the original, it's the big name death right at the start to make you question who from the core will end up surviving as clearly no one is going to be off limits.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It made for a good swerve with the message of "you cant fuck with the OGs" but I feel like with this 5th film its finally time for one or more of the remaining original characters to bow out.

I feel like people will be saying things like this until they decide to stop making these movies. ;) But that's part of the fun.

Then they will reboot with a new, young cast and kill Sydney in the opening minutes of the first movie

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This movie is going to ruin the fun reverse trope that whole series has run with aren't they....

The whole Scream franchise is unique because it is the trio... not the killer that keeps coming back after being shot and stabbed and beaten to all hell....Them dying defeats the purpose of the franchise

Bluntly there;s nothing clever about bringing them back to kill them... nothing.

Here's hoping they realize that.

The best twist would be... every single other character are the killers lol

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
I remember being so happy when all 3 were announced for Scream 4 but then had months of dread hoping they survive.

I feel like they can never kill off the main 3 (and they can never become the killers either).

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna say she's the opening death. It's to set the stage that this is no longer Sydney's story and like they did with Barrymore's character in the original, it's the big name death right at the start to make you question who from the core will end up surviving as clearly no one is going to be off limits.
That would be just as predictable as her surviving TBH. If she dies she can;t be the firt victim. Off her like half way through or something.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Great news. Super excited for this. I really hope they don't do something like make her the villain or have her die in the opening. I care about Gail, Dewey, and Sidney.