• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Ritchman is right on a lot of movie stuff. He's been a well known leaker on that side for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew of some stuff on the games side, especially when it comes to Marvel.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love this personally, story mode could could be really cool, there would be a ton of stuff to do solo, they could do a lot of cool stuff with costumes and unlockables. After MVC infinite Neatherrealms is pretty much the only FG developer that I could get excited about making a Marvel fighter.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget the Lego Marvel games. This doesn't seem impossible, although it feels like an actual DC crossover still would remain unlikely.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
This is a Do Not Want if there ever was one. I'd be surprised if Marvel would put their IP into the hands of WB (other than the LEGO games), but moreover NRS's style finally got to me with Injustice 2 and I don't think I can play their stuff with any kind of seriousness, anymore.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay meh. Animations meh. Roster meh. But it will be the best selling Marvel fighting game of all time so RIP MvC series.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy it. They've got some of the best single-player content in the business and that's what I - and I'm sure many other people more interested in the IP than the underlying systems - mostly care about.

Phokal

Oct 25, 2017
WI
I buy these entirely for the story mode, so as long as they knock that out of the park again, I'm good. I was really looking forward to whatever story they'd do with Injustice 3, but trying other franchises is exciting, too. Gives them more time before going back to MK proper, too.

Also, MvC is slick, but neigh unapproachable for casual fans. The ceiling is just too high and, out of every fighting game I've got (most of them), the neatherrealm games always got the most play with random non-fighting game friends b/c, even if button mashing feels stiff, you can still do enough cool stuff for it to look cool.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If this is real (which feels very unlikely) then was someone asleep at the wheel at either Disney or Warner? I have a hard time imagining this getting greenlit let alone there even being conversations. This also just seems bad all around as I could see this hurting the popularity of the Injustice titles going forward and this would likely spell the end for MVC.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Marvel fighting game! :D

Not made by Capcom and using the MK/Injustice fighting engine/style. D:

I'm not saying that Mortal Kombat and Injustice are bad games. In fact, their storytelling and art quality put most fighting games to shame. I'm just more of a Street Fighter and MvC guy than an MK and Injustice guy. It's a real shame, because I've been really impressed with Netherrealm has put out over the past few years. I just don't like how those games play.

Feb 15, 2019
I uh, really hope it's not NRS. Or if it is at least not at the cost of another MVC (which I can't imagine wouldn't be the case if it happens.) Going from Capcom fighters to NRS would feel horrible to me since I don't like how NRS games play at all.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
So I see several complaints about Nettherealm Studios' animation. As I am a casual fan at best I don't really know what the issue is. Does anyone have any recommendations for videos that analyze it?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not a fan of this at all..but NRS games sell like gangbusters so can't say I'm too surprised.

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the idea, if it was Marvel vs. DC it would soften the blow but a Marvel fighter going from Capcom to NRS animations is jarring.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If Marvel wants a Marvel fighting game that actually sells well they wont green light Marvel Vs Capcom 4 because historically the MvC series has actually sold like shit.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe this rumor but I do believe that there will eventually be a new Marvel fighting game on consoles not made by Capcom.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If true that would be amazing. A Marvel fighting game with Netherrealm production values and single player content. Best fighting dev by far.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Would be cool if it were characters like punisher, blade, ghost rider, venom, moon knight...but i don't care to see the avengers, fanatic 4, etc. in their type of games.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Urgh please no...I really wouldn't a Marvel fighting game made by NRS. I really don't enjoy MK and just how stiff their fighting games feel

Oct 29, 2017
UK
A NRS fighting game? The hardest pass. But it'd sell incredibly well and I hate that it would.

This doesn't seem legit anyway so we are safe.

OP
OP
GooberDooberCBC
Sep 7, 2020
I truly wonder how bad the MVC:Infinite experience was for the working relationship of Marvel and Capcom. I really did hope that they would have a turnaround for a new MVC but it may not be the case.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Silver lining is that this gives Capcom an opportunity to make a versus game with another IP, or Capcom Allstars, and not be held back by Marvel/Disney.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
for whatever people might think of them, Marvel would be smart to go to NRS. they've proven at this point they can adapt those IP into mega-successful game franchises. and they cast the widest net of any fighting game developer.

And after Capcom dropped the Infinite ball hard it wouldn't be surprising for Marvel to look for another partner either

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So a studio owned by Marvel's comic competitor (Warner/DC) that should be working on a fighting game based on their universe (Injustice) is going to get the greenlight to work on a game based on the competitor's comic universe...yeah I don't buy this one at all. We should be seeing injustice 3 very soon, and I believe the franchise has done well to warrant it, and it is a good way to cross-promote their comic sales.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
A WB Studio working on a Disney property? Unless it's some kind of Amalgam DC vs. Marvel thing it seems unlikely.