• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
My heart.

Death is a pinch of playfulness, a cup of levity, and a pint of compassion and she pulls it off.

The show pulled it off. At least from this scene.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So I have only read bits and pieces of the comic but this trailer has me all in.
Fortunately for me my local library offers books through a digital service called Hoopla, and all of the volumes are there free for me to borrow.
Super psyched to dive in.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This show really looks like it's going to be something special.

(I've read the comics. I know how special The Sandman is.)

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Loving the casting of Lucifer, Death and Desire from the stuff shown so far. That clip from Sound of Her Wings is pretty much perfect. Kirby Howell-Baptiste is such a great choice for Death and she played rather scene brilliantly. Likewise, Gwendoline Christie looks the part and sounds great as Lucifer from that other clip.

It's not helping the hype but it's giving me hope that they might pull it off. Still apprehensive but getting more optimistic as release draws closer.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll show Death taking
the baby. "What?! I didn't have that much time!"
That throw people into fits.

gqytuZay00L_HoLr76lnWk0vL8V0kDL7vWIjFhQR2Zo.jpg

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Let's all bing this show on Friday (even if you just leave it on in the background and rewatch it later at your pace). Let's just tell the f*cking algorithm that we need a season 2.

amialion

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It looks so good! Just re-read the first two volumes in preparation for this, and it looks like they did a great job of keeping it faithful to the source material while also modernizing the designs quite a bit. Can't wait to see the finished product.

crowed

Oct 27, 2017
Aviles, asturias, Spain
Never thought i´ll see a live action rendition of the corinthian, and seeing this lucifer makes me even more dissapointed in the lucifer we actually got. I´m really interested in this after all the previews

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
After seeing the trailer and reading the comments in this thread I'm considering diving into the comic.

Im looking at the Absolute editions, can anyone recommend them? They are quite expensive but they look damn good. The Omnibus also seems good, and actually cheaper, but might be too big to read comfortably.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the trailer and reading the comments in this thread I'm considering diving into the comic.

Im looking at the Absolute editions, can anyone recommend them? They are quite expensive but they look damn good. The Omnibus also seems good, and actually cheaper, but might be too big to read comfortably.
I own the Absolute editions and they're magnificent. The perfect balance between display pieces and reading size.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People weren't joking when they said there is gazillion different editions of the comic. This thing has preprints like Skyrim has re-releases.

If I wanted something that can be bit of an display piece, but also good to read is Absolute Edition way to go? How about The Deluxe Edition, which seems to be latest special release? What are differences?

How many volumes there is in these collection formats? 4?

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Looking at my old OG graphic novels and thinking I can get a reread in before this starts. BUT can anyone recommend Overture? I've never gone back to any of the additions post- Wake and wondering if its worthwhile.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

HYPE.
Looking at my old OG graphic novels and thinking I can get a reread in before this starts. BUT can anyone recommend Overture? I've never gone back to any of the additions post- Wake and wondering if its worthwhile.

I remember only reading the first... two? issues of Overture and I liked them. Even if you don't like the narrative, the art is insanely good (as it usually is with JH Williams III)

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Question… I've only heard most of the first part of the audio version that's on Audible.

Will this have the Justice League stuff?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Question… I've only heard most of the first part of the audio version that's on Audible.

More than likely not. While there is some Crossover with the Endless and the DCU as a whole pretty much after the first couple of issues they stopped referencing it and treated it like it was its own world.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I barely ever binge my shows-but I have to make an exception for Sandman because I know how Netflix's stupid algorithm works and I want to get more seasons.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I once again urge people to see the Neil Gaiman breakdown of the trailer since he basically talks about everything

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e54llvV_tc
www.youtube.com

Neil Gaiman Breaks Down Netflix's 'The Sandman' Official Trailer | Vanity Fair

Frame-by-frame, 'The Sandman' writer Neil Gaiman watches and takes us through the official trailer for the first season of Netflix's 'The Sandman.'The Sandma...

the long story short is "it will depend how important and if the character appear again and stuff like this".
Like john was basically an easter egg, and we meet joahana again later, so it made sense to make the connection more important than the cameo.

So my bet is Wesley Doods absolutely, Element Girl probably yes, Martian Manhunter probably not and Batman absolutely not

I guess Despair isn't naked???

c'mon, most understandable change ever =P

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Overture adds another layer to the entire thing that isn't necessary but is welcomed plus it's the best looking comic of all time

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Absolutely

If anything, Overture is the most beautiful art I ever saw in a comic. It is absurd how beautiful is the art in some of the pages.
J.H. Williams III is a genious

hell, i would say the only thing that i count as "complete sandman" is the first 4 absolutes (1-75), Endless Nights (which is included in absolute 5) and Overture. Maybe Absolute Death.
Everything else is fluff. Some amazingly good fluff, but fluff

Feb 16, 2022
Not a fan of the lens they seem to be using here. Makes the picture seems a bit blurry and vertically stretched ever-so-slightly. It seems to be a creative decision, and it does add to the otherworldly feeling, but it's too distracting for my eyes.