• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I want this, there is no source material now and after so many bad adaptations without the source material I'm now sceptical of all

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Interesting. The direction of the trailer seems different from that of the first season, I hope it still maintains its black comedy, am not sure how I feel about James being killed off though.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't think James is actually dead. This seems like it's all a red herring and there'll be a big reveal near the end of the season that he's still kicking.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it and loved it. A lot more somber than the first season, but that's expected when it's dealing with the aftermath of what happened. Disappointed we won't see more of these characters, but the ending is a lot more satisfying this go around without feeling forced.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good season, though not as strong as the first. Or maybe it was, but it was so depressingly awkward for a lot of it. In the end, I'm glad this got a 2nd season.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Got done binging this a few hours ago but I'm still thinking about it. Thought it was as wonderful to watch as the first. It was as uncomfortable as it was funny. Very glad this got a second season. Great way to end it.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Odd marketing strategy by Netflix
Don't show James in the trailer
Tell reviewers they're not allowed to talk about James
Plaster James over every banner and thumbnail when you first start up Netflix

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I finished it in one evening. I really liked it. I'd be ok if that's the end of the show.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I finished it all in one sitting. It wasnt as solid as the first season but still a 7.5/10 imo

id be happy with that being the end of it though.
I cant imagine there is much else after that.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking excited to watch this. I might rewatch the first season. I didn't even know season 2 existed until last week

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
There won't be a third season, so I'm glad this season was as good as it was. I really like how they actually acknowledged both of the characters flaws and showed that they were willing to try to fix them. James's acting was freaking outstanding this season. The only part I didn't like was Alyssa's constant bitchiness. I get it, but my god it got so annoying after a while.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Good second season if a bit complacent and tropey in places. Bingeing it did make the "overwrought folk song during emotional scene" convention feel a bit tedious though. They were smart making the episodes so short. Great performances and editing/cinematography. The lead actress' accent irritates me so much, I think it's because I have a mortal enemy who sounds just like her lmao

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I really want a third season. A third season to end the show would be great, even though I think season 2 ends it fine. I just want to see
James and Alyssa's chemistry grow

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Thread title is extremely misleading.

This is a Channel 4 production.

Netlix buys distribution rights for a period of time for many shows. This is like saying Netflix's Breaking Bad.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I love this show, it does so much with so little. The amount James has changed from start to finish without it feeling unnatural is impressive when compared to much longer shows. They can also say a lot with one line or look. The atmosphere it creates with the unspecific place and time, old timey music, slightly American feel, pretty cinematography, remote areas etc helps too.

Most importantly it's on the small list of shows that get the tragedy and comedy mix just right, the whole paste scene was hilarious.

Wasn't sure I wanted it to come back but glad it did. Just hope they stick to the plan of not doing S3.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a very solid and funny season, albeit totally unnecessary. I was disappointed that there wasn't a real ending for
Bonnie. She got arrested off screen, admitted everything off screen, and then we never heard from/of her again. She was a co-lead this season so to see the writers just dump her as soon as her scheme backfired was a bummer.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really good season. I wasn't sure about a season 2 but I'm glad it happened.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed S2. I was worried that it wouldn't be any good because the show really didn't need a second season. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was somewhat disappointed that Bonnie didn't actually kill James and Alyssa in the cafe. That moment was so unexpected and I remember being stunned.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
awh man, the dad dying caught me off gaurd. It waa so "feel good" when he and james finally were developing a real relationship

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda odd that James originally planning to kill Alyssa never comes back up lol