• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I mean I will watch it but sounds like Resident Evil in name only going by the synopsis. Replace T-Virus with Zombie Virus and Wesker with Shady Science Man and its essentially a new zombie property. Although, that might not be a bad thing either haha Lance Reddick is awesome.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Where are the sunglasses?

#NotmyWesker.

Apr 21, 2018
I love Lance Reddick but the casting and picture make me pretty disinterested. Something about the youthfulness and beauty of the cast makes me think it'll be aimed at the Riverdale audience -- and that's not really my jam.

Not sure how Resident Evil could even work as a movie or show if I'm being honest. All of the movies are awful. I'm just not sure the game's weird mix of tense atmosphere and B-grade cheese works in a film format.

I guess we'll see.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
"Chris, Jill, Barry, I've got some important information about Umbrella Corporation. I've learned that whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold."

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
"Jade, the T-virus might be released and infect the entire cheerleading squad before the big game! We have to go now and stop it!"

"But I have a date with Ray! I've already stood him up twice!"

"Life is full of decisions. Make one!"

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very much like its Resident Evil in name only.

Looks like they wanted to do a Walking Dead + Fear the Walking Dead in one show and put the RE branding on it.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I would love if in one of the episodes they gave him the blonde hair even if it's a one minute or so gag fuck it I just want to see it, incredible choice for the role tho love him in everything he shows up in

Mib

Nov 16, 2017
Good casting choice, but it kind of flies in the face of the Weskers and Umbrella being the wet dream of old white eugenicist's. Umbrella is literally the ideology behind Prince "I'd like to reincarnate as a disease to cull the population" Charles made manifest.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
That's pretty brilliant Wesker casting since he can definitely exude badass energy:

tenor.gif

Plus the premise sounds interesting, glad it's going to be its own thing and not just a rehash of the games.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing Lance perform the iconic "global saturation" line slowly and in his deep voice is gonna make me saturate my self globally in the pants area.

Watch Netflix cast Emma Stone as Ada Wong for sequel.
Just curious, who is your Wesker because I dont think anyone has been able to recreate the character on the screen in a way that stands out or in any remarkable way.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you are fucking weird, like, RE is somehow "above" corny shit like Riverdale. You got to pull back and reexamine yourself if you think that's remotely true.

Like this shit ain't fucking barely coherent B movie dialogue half the time. Good lord.

Wesker having kids like its some holy sacrilege against like fucking what, boulder punching and mind controlled Jill? Have you never consumed any story outside of a video game before?

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lance Reddick alone makes this the best resident evil live action thing ever. I dont even need to watch it to know its true.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Hearing Lance perform the iconic "global saturation" line slowly and in his deep voice is gonna make me saturate my self globally in the pants area.

Just curious, who is your Wesker because I dont think anyone has been able to recreate the character on the screen in a way that stands out or in any remarkable way.
Michael Fassbender,
Alexander Skarsgard,
Dan Stevens

I don't have a certain list, but at least the actors above the likeness of character should be closer to the game character.
The announced cast would fit better in a live action Resident Evil Outbreak series, instead of attaching established iconic characters' name like Wesker's name on the whatever character/plot is.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Fassbender,
Alexander Skarsgard,
Dan Stevens
I don't have a certain list, but at least the actors above the likeness of character should be closer to the game character.
The announced cast would fit better in a live action Resident Evil Outbreak series, instead of attaching established iconic characters' name like Wesker's name on the whatever character/plot is.
Oh i see.

lairo

May 28, 2020
This plot sounds nothing like Resident Evil, why the hell do they keep doing that? I'm not going to watch a thing just because they say it's Resident Evil if the plot has nearly nothing to do with the canon. If these guys are as good actors as you say (I don't know them), it feels like they would've done much better by just calling the show something different and going with a new IP.

(I know that the answer is that doing that has made millions with the awful movies somehow, but still the mind boggles)