• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bloody-disgusting.com

Netflix’s “Unsolved Mysteries” Reboot Premieres in July With Six Brand New Episodes!

Netflix confirmed in early 2019 that they were resurrecting the classic ’90s series “Unsolved Mysteries” with a brand new reboot series that’s coming courtesy of the original creators (Cosgrove/Meurer Productions) and the producers of “Stranger Things” (21 Laps). “This modern take on the classic...

12 new episodes in season 1. First six arrive July 1st. However , there is no host. It's impossible to fill Robert Stacks' shoes but I wanted someone with a booming voice to stand around with a trench coat 🧥 😫

Episode titles and descriptions are as follows (via iHorror):

"Mystery on the Rooftop," directed by Marcus A. Clarke:
The body of newlywed Rey Rivera was found in an abandoned conference room at Baltimore's historic Belvedere Hotel in May 2006, eight days after he mysteriously disappeared. While the Baltimore Police maintained that the 32-year-old committed suicide by jumping from the hotel's roof, the medical examiner declared Rey's death "unexplained." Many, including his devastated wife, Allison, suspect foul play.

"13 Minutes," directed by Jimmy Goldblum:
Patrice Endres, 38, mysteriously vanished from her Cumming, Georgia, hair salon in broad daylight, during a 13-minute timeframe, leaving behind her teenage son, Pistol. Patrice's disappearance intensified the existing tensions between Pistol and his stepfather as they dealt with the loss and searched for answers.

"House of Terror," directed by Clay Jeter:
In April 2011, French police discovered the wife and four children of Count Xavier Dupont de Ligonnès buried under the back porch of their home in Nantes. Xavier, the family patriarch, was not among the dead and nowhere to be found. Investigators gradually pieced together clues and a timeline that pointed to Xavier as a devious, pre-meditate killer. For instance, they now know that shortly before the crimes occurred, Xavier inherited a gun that was the same model as the murder weapon.

"No Ride Home," directed by Marcus A. Clarke:
Alonzo Brooks, 23, never returned home from a party he attended with friends in the predominantly white town of La Cygne, Kansas. A month later, a search party led by his family locates Alonzo's body — in an area that law enforcement had already canvassed multiple times.

"Berkshire's UFO," directed by Marcus A. Clarke:
On September 1, 1969, many residents in Berkshire County, Massachusetts were traumatized by a sighting of a UFO. Eyewitnesses — many just children at the time — have spent their lives trying to convince the world that what they saw was real.

"Missing Witness," directed by Clay Jeter:
At age 17, a guilt-ridden Lena Chapin confessed to helping her mother dispose of her murdered stepfather's body four years prior. In 2012, Lena was issued a subpoena to testify against her mother in court, but the authorities were never able to deliver the summons — because Lena had disappeared, leaving behind a young son.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Idk
I can watch the original on Pluto tv and the vinyl soundtrack 2 recently came out which has all my fixings

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
"Berkshire's UFO," directed by Marcus A. Clarke:
On September 1, 1969, many residents in Berkshire County, Massachusetts were traumatized by a sighting of a UFO. Eyewitnesses — many just children at the time — have spent their lives trying to convince the world that what they saw was real.
Looking forward to this Mulder

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting that this is happening on Netflix because Prime Video is where the previous episodes are.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried watching the original Unsolved Mysteries a few months ago for nostalgia's sake, and it was hot garbage. Maybe I was just too mad about Goop Labs at the time, but the Unsolved Mysteries episode I saw had them recreating scenes where some dude was abducted by angels or some shit.

Netflix is just pumping out too much stupid new age/conspiracy shit for my liking.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
not gonna lie, no host is a bummer, part of the magic of the original was Robert Stacks , you can´t recast him, but not having a host loses part of the magic of the show

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Would love some more of this show. It freaked me out as a kid, but I eat it up as an adult. I even occasionally peruse the r/UnsolvedMysteries sub on reddit.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
95% of people are going to skip to episode 5, don't lie.

I used to get goosebumps when the theme song played and you'd see THE UNEXPLAINED pop up in the opening.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Unsolved Mysteries is still one of my favorite comfort food shows. I get cozy on the couch, wrap myself up in a blanket, get some snacks and binge it until I fall asleep. There's something so oddly relaxing yet simultaneously eerie and unnerving about it that still resonates with me to this day.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Totally in. I really miss that period of the late 80s throughout most of the 90s where you'd see tons of mystery/alien stuff on TV like Unsolved Mysteries, X-Files, Alien Autopsy (which was cheesy but cool at the time, especially for a kid), countless others.

To this day I'm still obsessed with that sort of stuff. True crime in particular, I think i've watched every episode of Forensic Files on Netflix at least twice. Can't wait to dive into this.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Looking at the episode list, it's really heavy on the murder and light on the aliens. Was this how the original show was? I remember it being more aliens and weird stuff.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. Watched the original and the Dennis Farina revival. Even caught a few episodes on Pluto TV the other night.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
never heard of this show
are those cases "real", or are just story with actors?
Real cases, just re-enacted. The original show is creepy as hell, I used to watch as a kid with my blanket over my head, lol. Scared the shit out of me but I still wanted to watch. Also, the theme remains disturbing.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before but I'll say it again. No '80s or '90s horror or R rated movie terrified me as a kid but Unsolved Mysteries really did. 7 year old me legit became afraid of Alien Abductions because of it. But I still watched Unsolved Mysteries every time I saw it on TV.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there's no host? Then what's the point? The original host being scary as hell was half the fun.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, there's no host? Then what's the point? The original host being scary as hell was half the fun.

They should've tried to get Dennis Haysbert, President Palmer from 24 and the current Allstate man. He has a great look and voice, he could have done a great job as the trenchcoated in the shadows host.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I love this show. We watch it every once and a while and then come up with the most ridiculous solutions and act like they're fact. It's really fun.

OP
OP
Cocksman

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should've tried to get Dennis Haysbert, President Palmer from 24 and the current Allstate man. He has a great look and voice, he could have done a great job as the trenchcoated in the shadows host.

how about

lance-reddick-bosch.jpg