• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit......Cavil pulled it off, even the completely dead tone voice.

I wasn't expecting it this soon, so fucking hyped!!!!!

This is starting from the first book correct?

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking pretty good. Do Netflix shows release all of their episodes at once or do they come out weekly?

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm so hyped for this! I will say, and I know it's so little to go off from a few lines in a trailer but I really hope Geralt is a little more emotive. I understand how he's portrayed in the games but I hope there will be scenes to explore a bit more range.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Pffft, why it had to be Cavill. Will be watching because of the source material and Chalotra, but hype levels are quite low unfortunately. It doesn't seem awful though.

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Yen's voice weirds me out, will take getting used too. The battle looks sort of comical, Nilfgaard armor does indeed suck. Other than that looks fun and well made. Praying the writers have the proper chops to remold the material without ruining it.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
That looks good but not as good as it could have been. I really like actress playing Ciri but something about Cavill and actress playing Yen seems off and I'm huge fan of the books - I've read them six or seven times in Polish so far.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Going to watch this for sure, but this trailer and the previous one just come off to me like a show that wants to be epic, but has too small of a budget to make that actually work. So instead of lavish sets, we have what looks rather barren. Kind of like watching The Last Kingdom, except setting aside much of the budget for special effects.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
All you English dub playing videogamesmen make me sad. That includes Cavill, I guess.

That looks good but not as good as it could have been. I really like actress playing Ciri but something about Cavill and actress playing Yen seems off and I'm huge fan of the books - I've read them six or seven times in Polish so far.
Freya Allan is by far the best of the three, it's just too bad the casting meant that they also had to completely change who Ciri is at the start of the story. She'd be a great fit for Ciri after Thanedd, though probably won't be anymore when the show gets there (what with her being over 20 and all).

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
That looks so good! Yes, bring it Netflix.

Props to Henry Cavill for taking over this character, knowing the expectations from the two communities, readers of the series and gamers would be crazy high.
And CD Projekt Red you guys made this happen.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Looks better than I anticipated.
I don't expect the show to be amazing but if it's kind of good I will probably watch it.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, I feel that Netflix's "release all at once" is a terrible idea for this series. It seems the kind of show that'd benefit from being spread weekly.

Oct 26, 2017
The wrinkly scrotum Armor still looks absolutely idiotic (not just from a visual standpoint... imagine making armor with notches to make it easier for spears or swords to find an edge and get through lol)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Gotta be honest, I feel that Netflix's "release all at once" is a terrible idea for this series. It seems the kind of show that'd benefit from being spread weekly.
This too, i wouldn't mind a week to week podcast discussion by a group of people to keep me busy at work.

luckily Disney won't be dumping things on us as a Binge.

you would think Netflix would do it that way to retain subscribers for at least 2 months.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I wasn't expecting it this soon, so fucking hyped!!!!!

This is starting from the first book correct?

it is, I can count 2-3 short stories from this trailer alone

Pffft, why it had to be Cavill. Will be watching because of the source material and Chalotra, but hype levels are quite low unfortunately. It doesn't seem awful though.

Because Cavill is a HUGE fan of the witcher, having read the books and played the games.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You are wasting your time posting this, 99% of the people posting here only played the games and i'm pretty sure, 99,9999% of the people that played the games only played The Witcher 3.
I don't see this as a bad thing tho, from the books, humans are far worst than the monsters themselves

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
this trailer is certainly better than the first one. still a bit cautious with the show though. there's so much weird, fantastical shit going on, i hope it all works and there's good character chemistry.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Damn Henry really nailed Geralt's voice. Also, nice tub scene.

To be honest that applies to a lot, if not all their shows and the shows the licensed, as when they do that them the conversation of the shows quickly die-off as the conversation will be about the whole season instead of each individual episode as no will be comfortable talking about the episodes individuality as there is too much risk to spoil it to someone who hasn't caught up.

Last edited:

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
Looks great! I've had the books on my shelf for a while now but haven't gotten around to reading them..Is the first season based on the first book or ?