• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
giphy.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Mixed bag for me. Some elements look great at first glance and some appear lacking. Still interested and it looks good but curious to see how the final product turns out.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some shots look hokey but then there's also huge ass battles already. They should probably have paced it a bit more and scale up when the viewers are there, or I worry a bit that it becomes like Marco Polo, burn up very quickly when the quality is not there.
Then again can't complain too much. Big budget The Witcher so soon already. Looking forward to December.
agreed, there wasn't huge battle in the first book if it's similar to The Last Wish. Real battle start at the end of Sword of Destiny and start of Blood of Elves

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hyped. But I hope those sword-stabbing sounds are placeholder because they sound awful.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
So... uh... does this mutant professional monster hunter ever... you know... hunt monsters in this show?

There was a clear shot of him fighting what I assume was either a drowner or a nekker? Also it's 2 minutes out of likely 9+ hours. The monster contract bits are likely where theyll slow the pace down. That trailer clearly focused on more action focused moments. Not quieter monster stalking

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
The desert sequence in the trailer is odd. Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any major desert sequence in the books, at least early on, with Ciri AND Yen. There's absolutely a major desert sequence with Ciri, and it's quite important, but Yen most certainly is not there. In fact, I feel like it'll lessen the event if Ciri isn't alone.

EDIT: it's a quick shot, I initially thought it was Ciri with Yen in the desert. Upon further inspection I don't think it's Ciri. My bad. Still hope they have the desert sequence with Ciri at some point later. I'd imagine it'd be a good section in season 3 perhaps, depending on how much they adapt.

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pirouettes, pirouettes everywhere.

I'm still not sure about some of the casting and apparent story choices but it does look like it could be great

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought they explicitly said it's not based on The Last Wish? Dont have a quote but that's what I remember hearing.
There was 2 scenes i see in the trailer/teaser from The Last Wish

Pavetta, the mother of Ciri doing her Source power
and I think there is a scene with Ciri and the elves in the forest (wait that was in sword of destiny i think)

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the scene where the villagers are scared of Geralt is the short story where the name The Butcher of Blaviken is taken from, but i might be mistaken

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Geralt mutated well in the Netflix version, lol.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe we are getting a Watchmen series, Witcher series and a Mandalorian series all within 3 months.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm down. I'll probably be done with the game by then also.

But I dont think it looks really good tbh :P Guess spoiled with the production value from GoT makes this look rather "cheap" or something I guess..