• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix just tweeted this:

At first you might think "well, that must be an ad for a show they have coming that week", but you'll find out that Netflix has no show called Homecoming in the works, the closest thing you might find is Amazon's show.

However, earlier this week news came out that Beyonce was working on new stuff, including new music and a Netflix documentary about her performance in Coachella.

https://onairwithryan.iheart.com/co...ng-on-new-music-and-a-netflix-special-report/

That performance that was... homecoming themed. The article said it was set to be released on summer, but if we are to believe this post, it would actually release in 10 days. And we might get new music with it.

Are you ready for the new coming of the queen, ERA?

tenor.gif

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it's new music, probably just a documentary.

Beychella was so iconic though

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Greek letters would obviously indicate something about fraternities, sororities, or college in general.

Theta Sigma Theta

I don't think that's the name of any actual organizations......probably just whatever fits in the word "Homecoming".

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
The Greek letters would obviously indicate something about fraternities, sororities, or college in general.

Theta Sigma Theta

I don't think that's the name of any actual organizations......probably just whatever fits in the word "Homecoming".
That is what I was thinking.
it had better not be the other thing

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing more cringe than people worshipping millionaires and calling them queens.
Jesus Christ, how sad of a life.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In this thread I will spend my time expressing how much I don't like what this thread is about even though I clicked on it!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
if you aren't interested in beyonce you can go back to watching game of thrones or arguing about the last jedi or whatever nonsense you like instead of shitting up this thread

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
There's nothing more cringe than people worshipping millionaires and calling them queens.

On one hand, yes, the worship is heavy handed and feels incredibly artificial.

On the other hand, being a strong supporter and lover of art or someone's art isn't sad or insane. There is a line, I agree, to which the worship becomes embarrassingly bad. However, I don't think many of the people here who are calling her "Queen" are doing it in a genuinely worshipping manner, but more as a popular joke / trend. It's not that serious.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I was mostly just ribbing on pop-ERA, I wanted to post this but didn't know how to make it interesting so I decided to ham it up lol

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
Very weird because Netflix basically never drops things in the middle of the week. It is also between Coachella weekends.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017

Idolizing an artist because their work has been transformational or influential in your life is not sad, and it's ironic that I have to say that considering so many people here worship literally video games. Nice try with the "millionaires" umbrella term. People don't literally think she's a queen btw. Lol

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Homecoming', Beyonce 2018 Coachella Documentary, Teased By Netflix
Netflix tweeted a single word, "Homecoming," today, setting off the Beyhive of Beyonce fanatics. If the documentary is happening – and Netflix has not formally confirmed it – the film will reportedly premiere April 17, a Wednesday between the first and second weekends of the festival.

The Twitter teaser borrows its yellow color and typography from Beyoncé's Coachella wardrobe, and the title is reportedly a salute to Beyoncé's Beta Delta Kappa sorority and the full marching band that appeared with her in 2018. The singer also has a Homecoming Scholars Award Program through her charity, a fund for those attending historically black college and universities.

Deadline is usually accurate when it comes to things like this

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017

Theta Sigma Theta

Yeah, replacing Os with thetas and Es with sigmas is not uncommon. Even though those aren't the correct letters.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that it'd be coming out on a Wednesday, but dropping it in between Coachella weekends makes sense.

I've actually never watched her full Coachella set, just bits of it, so looking forward to this for sure.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I wonder if this is the same Homecoming that briefly appeared on the January(?) new releases list? iirc at the time Netflix customer service feigned knowledge of it (or simply didn't know) and the reported release date came and gone without any indication that it was actually a real thing.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018

(For non-twitter access, this shows Beyoncé had some merch under the Homecoming brand)

Lemonade was the AOTY of 2016, so whatever Bey does next I am IN.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Beychella is one of the greatest performances on a stage so I'm here for this

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there another thread? The album and movie just dropped. Its so good. Sound Mixing is incredible

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Just started this. That first switch between week 1 and 2 was smooth as fuck