• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The minute that Hellboy reboot bombed, I knew Netflix was gearing to make a tv show of it.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome for Dark Horse and Netflix.

Further cementing inclusion of Lucifer going beyond season 4?

(Already 8 episodes deep into season 4 and loving it. I hope it gets renewed.)

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
this could be pretty good. next hellboy adaptation should be better than the recent film.

Awesome for Dark Horse and Netflix.

Further cementing inclusion of Lucifer going beyond season 4?

(Already 8 episodes deep into season 4 and loving it. I hope it gets renewed.)

lucifer was a vertigo book, not dark horse.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
Come on.

berserkhccov.jpg

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
original content is the only way Netflix will survive with every studio wanting their on streaming service now

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo son, when we gonna get some fucking live action Seinen? Goddamn.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How's Dark Horse been doing lately? I know they lost the SW, Buffy, and Conan licenses (and I presume the Alien and Predator stuff will be moving to Marvel at some point). Has their original stuff been doing well?

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
How does this work, most of the books they puiblish are either creator owned or a license. Lemire made a deal with Legendary for the whole Black Hammer Franchise for example.

Maybe it's only for the stuff produced by the TV& Movie Division of Dark Horse?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
"So, Mark, thank'f for bringing your Millarworld properties into the Netflix world, which book do you want to work on first?"

"Ach, mine ar aw shite, let's buy Dark Horse"

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel like this is the 3rd comic book company Netflix has announced a somewhat similar deal with, it has produced some comics but not much else

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Veeeery interesting, makes a lot of sense.

Was talking to one of my collaborators about how the production values of The Umbrella Academy is something that would fit one of our books. Sounds like a great deal, and Dark Horse is a top publisher.

Between Millarworld and this, Netflix is covered. I imagine other services will try something similar, which is decent for the industry, and hopefully the creators (obvious self interest, here).

Will be curious to see how it plays out.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Black Hammer is for sure getting a show then.
Yea that would be the smart bet. Just hope they do it as a series rather than a movie. They could have a whole bunch of shows just from that one property lol. Although I do wonder if that hasnt already been picked up, like how Gideon Falls was before the first issue even hit print.

But I feel like this came at the worst time for Dark Horse lol. Theyve been loosing properties left and right recently. Hellboy and Black Hammer are their biggest right now.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
So what possible shows are people excited about from this deal? I only really know Hellboy and dark horse's manga localization.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, just replace the Defenders with The Darkness, Witchblade and co.

Edit: oh wait. I confused then with top cow

Oct 25, 2017
So, does this mean we might get a Flaming Carrot series, Finally? Maybe a Redo on The Mask? Timecop?

Dare I mention it...

...Usagi Yojimbo?!

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely excited about this. Can't wait to see what they bring to the forefront for use to see.