• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
This show is fucking great. Really interested to see how it goes in Philly. I have a lot of family there.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping because fuck man the first two episodes are so good... hits you right in the heart in all the best ways.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shook by the "To Gay or Not Too Gay" episode. The letter scene is just devastating.

Looking forward to the new season, but the show's never going to live up to that episode.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering if we had a thread for the new season.

This show always makes me feel happy sad, sad happy, I dont know what order. All the feelings.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked to see the new season was up this weekend and I didn't know! I just watched the first episode and totally teared up at the very end with the
Tribute to Bruly. I heard he passed last year and was wondering if they were gonna mention it at all or gloss over it since it's such a "feel good" show. I lost a pet recently and that tribute got me right in the feels.šŸ˜„

Last edited:

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the first two episodes of season 5, and it's pretty good so far.

Legit thought we'd see our first break-up in the show with Karamo talking to Rahanna and her boyfriend.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I saw the whole thing. It was a nice season, as per usual.

I basically have been Jonathan, Antoni, Tan, and Karamo to my friends. I'm the fab one. :p

With pinch of Bobby here and there. I have to admit that home decor is not my thing, since I'm way too minimalist for most people.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I saw the whole thing. It was a nice season, as per usual.

I basically have been Jonathan, Antoni, Tan, and Karamo to my friends. I'm the fab one. :p

With pinch of Bobby here and there. I have to admit that home decor is not my thing, since I'm way too minimalist for most people.

Bobby is probably the one most responsible for making people lose their shit and cry. Those home renos he does (sometimes spanning a bunch of rooms too) are worth their weight in gold. (And a big kudos to asking the dad with ALS if he had any special requests that might help him out).

And frankly, with how cluttered a lot of these homes are, he's doing them a favour. He can be a bit repetitive though (navy+white combo is everywhere, even though I do love it), but I'm stupidly impressed by what he turns out every time.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I honestly am not impressed by Bobby as a person. Whenever they try to give him a story line, it's unrelatable to me.

However, if you want to see people loosing their shit over home make overs.

Unf. Y'all need to look up and check out this little known classic.

Clean House (2003), featuring Niecy Nash! (She left after some seasons.)

Niecy-Nash-Clean-House.jpg

It had so many good moments. I loved that show.

I remember this for the third season.

www.nbc.com

Clean House - NBC.com

Find Clean House on NBC.com and the NBC App. A team of experts helps deserving families de-clutter and create happier, mess-free homes.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly am not impressed by Bobby as a person. Whenever they try to give him a story line, it's unrelatable to me.

However, if you want to see people loosing their shit over home make overs.

Unf. Y'all need to look up and check out this little known classic.

Clean House (2003), featuring Niecy Nash! (She left after some seasons.)

Niecy-Nash-Clean-House.jpg

It had so many good moments. I loved that show.

I remember this for the third season.

www.nbc.com

Clean House - NBC.com

Find Clean House on NBC.com and the NBC App. A team of experts helps deserving families de-clutter and create happier, mess-free homes.

OMG yes! I would literally pay hundreds of dollars if anyone has the old seasons with Allan Lee Haff. He was so charming and dumb and lovable.

L I T E R A L L Y I mean it

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Really!? I suppose if you can't relate to the story lines they give him, that's understandable. I find him to be the most sympathetic (and regularly empathetic) of the bunch. Setting aside his home makeovers and how they materially benefit the episode's subject; I think he's really good at listening to and understanding the person who's being made over.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Bobby's past regarding the church is this recurring discussion in the show that I think is super important, and it's honestly refreshing to see that he isn't quite ready to accept the church, but seemingly any religious person they help out gives him something to think about.

Not to say each host doesn't have the same struggles they wrestle with in the show, but when Bobby's out there, he shines so bright.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that someone else liked this show!

NBC seems to have S1. All you have to do is sign in with a cable subscription or create an account if you're in the US.
Oh my, they must have posted them recently to bulk up their Peacock catalog. Thanks so much!

I used to watch it at 6AM before school. The yard sale aspect was so fun. It annoyed me when they replaced Allan and Linda with the musclehead charisma black hole and the robotic bottle blonde.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The transformation of the preacher was unbelievable he looked 15 years younger after the beard trim and hair cut alone. The messaging was really powerful about his journey to finally come out.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Not impressed by Bobby as a person. Weird thing to say haha.

Good season so far. Wife and I watched the teen activist one last night. That was probably the least "this person needs HELP" person they've helped through the entire series, but I'm glad that little collective got some help.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The transformation of the preacher was unbelievable he looked 15 years younger after the beard trim and hair cut alone. The messaging was really powerful about his journey to finally come out.

Getting other queer people in his line of work was really powerful and moving. Obviously there is a spotty history with being queer and religious, and I'd probably think better of religious organizations more if they were as open as some of these congregations.

I really didn't care for that DJ episode, really enjoyed the rest though.

That dude's house was pretty alright. He kept it in the state like he was in high school, but whatever.... o_O

Not impressed by Bobby as a person. Weird thing to say haha.

Good season so far. Wife and I watched the teen activist one last night. That was probably the least "this person needs HELP" person they've helped through the entire series, but I'm glad that little collective got some help.

Naw, it was the DJ, lol
She was sweet, neurotic, and overworked. I loved the house reno since it's so open-concept for all the peeps going in and out and working.