• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Can't wait, for the king of comedy and wonder if he will shit on Biden since I don't think there's been that much news since the last one
Do you honestly think the current king of comedy is some washed up, bitter, transphobic old man that's pandering to other bigots?

Apr 12, 2021
I was supposed to be mowing the lawn, but it can wait another day.

Patiently waiting for this to become available so I can crawl into bed, turn the volume up and just laugh for 60-odd minutes.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I would hope he changes course after the feedback from the last specials though his track record has proven otherwise.

I'd be very disappointed if he hasn't learned from his fans asking him to drop the transphobic jokes and triples down on them. Guess we will see.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it.
By far his weakest special, and that's even before discussing the nature of the topics.
Bird Revelation was ultimately the only thing that was on the level of his old stuff.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
So the special is out, and yet again it contains some deeply transphobic content.

www.thedailybeast.com

Dave Chappelle Says He’s a TERF and Is Quitting LGBTQ Jokes

The comedy great’s ninth stand-up special—and sixth for Netflix—is his most incendiary, troubling, and unapologetic one yet.

Given that this is the case, we are not comfortable with allowing this thread to exist as an ordinary "hype" thread. This is not ordinary content that can be ignored, and comments just blindly applauding the special will be hurtful to many trans members. For that reason we're locking this thread.

MEMBERS MAY CREATE A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS SPECIAL, but if it is to stay open the OP must highlight the transphobia and discussion must not blindly praise the entire special as though the transphobia does not exist. Engage with the problem, acknowledge the problem, or don't have a thread at all.

Also be aware that racism in any thread no matter the context will not be tolerated. This has been a problem in past Chappelle threads and we're not looking to repeat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.