• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay guys, the Pokemon segment at E3 was awesome, because we got to meet Nessa. Nessa is absolutely fantastic- she is a brand new Gym Leader, and she's a person of color (brown to be specific, which, as a South Asian person myself, I love). She also has a fantastic design, that the art community fell in love with, and started churning out as much art of as possible.

So, in the vein of all the other fan art threads, I figured here's one for Nessa, who I really view as significant in that she is a non-stereotyped brown person with a great design that everyone has fallen in love with. To that end, let's share the art!

Below, I'm starting us off with some of my own; wherever possible, I credit the original artist. There are some pictures I couldn't track down the artist(s) for. In those cases, or where I may have it wrong, I would love a correction from you folks!

Also, it goes without saying, but keep this thread SFW, please. If any art seems too risque, or too much on the side of sexualization, just use common sense and don't share it.

Now, without further ado...

D9NfCL9U0AAU6li.jpg

(Credit)

D9US_12XUAALwbO.jpg

(Credit)

D80Ye3bUYAADpw0.jpg

(Credit)

D9HkCA2U4AA8eO_.jpg

(Credit)

dd990tp-8b6b03c6-53e1-45f0-b1fc-fa89d4fda39b.jpg

(Credit)

image2.jpg

image5.jpg

Alright, ya'all's turn. Hit us!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Nessa was a bright spot for Pokemon at E3. Amazing how they deflated their own hype with Dexit, one week after the Pokemon Direct.

Well, to be fair, Yamper and Impidimp look pretty cool too, lol.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Both Nessa and the Champion are POCs. GameFreak has been doing a good job here of late. Gen 5 and 7 were also pretty diverse.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Nessa has a really great design, hope we get a lot of nice designed leaders and characters in this game. I dont think Ohmori has an issue coming up with interesting characters.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Characters designs have been soooo on point in gen 7 and also gen 8 so far. Nessa is great and so was Sonia.

TheGarlic

Feb 8, 2019
I was very glad to see the focus on her and not the new Pokémon that were in the demo. I am quite to excited to see her in game. Or at least more footage.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the hashtag fans are using to voice their displeasure over the fact that the only Pokemon they'll be able to transfer into Sw/Sh are one's in that game's regional Pokedex. Though I am curious over what you thought it meant.
It's a portmanteau of Pokedex and Brexit considering Brexit's xenophobia is an apt analogy for GF blocking any non-native pokemon from getting into the region.

Jan 2, 2018
"Dexit" is such a dumb term. It's used in Germany from the right-wing populist party for "Deutscher Exit"(German Exit).

Aside from that: I really like the design of Nessa and there is great art in this thread!

Tintin

Oct 27, 2017
She looks like a young teenage girl... I don't know why OP is promoting her sexualization in this thread.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
We're not doing this.

Official Staff Communication
While we usually allow these fan art threads, we don't want a whole topic dedicated to a character in their bathing suit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.