• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
In for R-2!
I wouldn't count on ever seeing any of the SNK vs Capcom games again

sadly

very sadly
Actually devs said they are going after second and third party games too.
They said they definitely want to do the metal slug games. Personally I'd expect the next batch of games to be announced next week
Edit: full quote
www.siliconera.com

Interview: SNK, Code Mystics on SNK Gals' Fighters and Recreating the NGPC Charm

Check out our SNK Gals Fighters interview with SNK's Adam Laatz and Code Mystics' Jeff Vavasour. to find out how the Switch port happened.
If other NEOGEO Pocket Color ports were considered, are there any particular titles that you personally might consider more likely candidates?

Laatz: I'm personally a big fan of Metal Slug, as well as a number of 2nd/3rd party releases that we would love to bring to gamers in the near future… We're currently exploring those possibilities internally and with Code Mystics at the moment, and want to thank our fans for their support of SNK and your interest in NGPC in general.

Last edited:

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
just purchased them!

Really excited to play some of the titles I missed out on with my NGPC, even though I still have my hardware.

I do wish Cardfighters would get a port :(

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the KOF R2 release as I enjoyed playing it on the pocket back in the day.

What are people's impressions as far as input lag is concerned? I found that it didn't feel quite as responsive as I recall. Using a wired controller on TV felt manageable but wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
Picked up the KOF R2 release as I enjoyed playing it on the pocket back in the day.

What are people's impressions as far as input lag is concerned? I found that it didn't feel quite as responsive as I recall. Using a wired controller on TV felt manageable but wasn't quite what I was hoping for.

I'm away from my switch til Wednesday but I'll be glad to check that out then since I still have my NGPC and a R-2 copy.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm away from my switch til Wednesday but I'll be glad to check that out then since I still have my NGPC and a R-2 copy.

That's cool! Thank you. It might just be me misremembering, the light press / hard press approach may be a contributing factor. As an aside it would be great to be able to play those games with 4 button controls on an official release.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
That's cool! Thank you. It might just be me misremembering, the light press / hard press approach may be a contributing factor. As an aside it would be great to be able to play those games with 4 button controls on an official release.

Also keep in mind that NGPC games run at 30fps if my memory serves me well, and that alone induces a lot more input delay than your average 2D fighter.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, they've never been rereleased and even the more common ones you won't find for cheaper than this. Not to mention the rare games that go for 80$+
i know that they have some value to collectors or neogeo fans that couldnt get those games. for me as someone who loved KOF 95 amd 96 on GB and missed out on the original release it is something id like to play but maybe for 4 dollars.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017

So I've had a few days to play SS2! going back and forth from the NGP to the Switch and I didn't notice any major timing changes. I didn't buy R-2 though as it seems to still have the AI bug which renders single player really uninteresting.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Can't wait till more are added.
Bought Pocket Rumble day one because it was made like a NGPC game.

Got Samurai Shodown was a preorder bonus for getting the SS reboot on Switch, Gal Fighters and King of Fighters day one.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
the biggest bummer about these ports is a lack of fixed perfect-pixel scaling. you can only adjust screen size by pressing on the right analog stick, so you're pretty much always dealing with arbitrary scaling. absolutely baffling. in terms of responsiveness, at least, they feel good to play.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Just tried local multiplayer, wasn't aware it had it; much less the way it was implemented. It creates two screens and esch player controls one side of the screen with their sude of joycons. Realy neat.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just tried local multiplayer, wasn't aware it had it; much less the way it was implemented. It creates two screens and esch player controls one side of the screen with their sude of joycons. Realy neat.
It can also merge on the tv
i hope they work with sega to bring the sonic game, i really want to play that one.
the metal slug games are obvious picks as well.
The one interview we have has the devs saying they want metal slug too. And third parties

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
i hope they work with sega to bring the sonic game, i really want to play that one.
the metal slug games are obvious picks as well.

I definitely want the Metal Slug games and I'd love to get Faselei and all the Capcom vs. SNK games as well. The one I'd really like is Neo Turf Masters, but I'm afraid they're avoiding that one now since they got sued over it.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The full arcade version was already ported to PS4 and NSW, right? The Hamster Arcade Archives? Is it a licensing issue?
Apparently there's a legal issue with using "Masters" in relation to golf, so the recent digital rereleases have reverted to the Japanese title of "Big Tournament Golf". Guess a rerelease would depend on if they can change all uses of the name in the NGPC version too.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
Apparently there's a legal issue with using "Masters" in relation to golf, so the recent digital rereleases have reverted to the Japanese title of "Big Tournament Golf". Guess a rerelease would depend on if they can change all uses of the name in the NGPC version too.

I just checked and NTM pocket has a romanised Japanese title so in theory there should be a way to circumvent legal issues.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It lives! Last Blade is real good. Hopefully they can manage to get the Metal Slugs, Dark Arms, and Cardfighter's Clash out as well. Also Faselei, if the rights situation isn't tied up with Sacnoth/Aruze/whoever owns that IP

HMC

Aug 24, 2018
I was cleaning out an old desk at my moms place and just found my NGP with KUF in pristine condition, lol

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping for Metal Slug or Neo Turf Masters, but I'll gladly take The Last Blade. I hope it shows up in the US tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.