• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Woohoo, hit 62k after finishing off Tower Records, and I still have Center Street to go. I guess I've gotten better at handling the scorpions, since I was able to win a 5-chain of scorpions before the team fight. I may have leveled up somewhere in the middle, though, which restores HP.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I think the problem that made me think I wasn't gonna be able to make it was just that Scramble Crossing is terrible for points if you can't handle the elephants. Leaves you feeling like it's hopeless, but the other areas more than make up for it

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I reached W1D6. So far I'm really loving the game and unless there is a huge drop in quality later on, I won't be surprised if this ends up being better than the OG game in my eyes. It really feels like a general step up, which is what sequels should be.

Writing is nice and on point, the cast is great (especially Fret) and the dub is very natural. The OG game got really verbose at times and, while this game does the same sometimes, I don't mind at all because I'm really enjoying the dub (when available), the interactions between the cast and all the different artstyles that pop up from time to time that add more expressions to the characters.

Combat is simple (for now) but also fun and I particularly enjoy that it manages to be less chaotic than OG but still chaotic enough to be TWEWY, if it makes sense. The only thing that is inferior so far is the OST (although it it still very good), but I'm still on W1, so let's see if it will change. Everything else has been either superior or on the same level, which is not what I was expecting at all (before playing the demo).

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
So next question for the (first) scramble: how do I get the maximun ammount of points - for example in 104 there are two of those special noises. Do I create a chain of 4-5 noises + one of those special noises and repeat this for the other special one (so basically I have two seperate chains in 104?

Because I just triggered a chain with both special noises in it and it didn't feel optional. And after you beat those and win the area there is no point in fighting the other normal noise, because they don't give any points right?

So what ammount of points shall I look out for after each chain. Because I just got 800 points after one chain which feels ridiculously low although I finished it with a star rating...
Basically I need a Scramble tutorial lol.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Shiba's theme is soo good, like damn amazing. Every single new soundtrack is just a hit. I'm getting close to the ending now, not long to go...

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Seil Where do you get Topo the Ingenious? I can't find the location in your spreadsheet.
Evolves from The World Within, the Easy drop from Oi Puffer. There's some stuff missing in the details page between the end of Week 1 and the first couple days of Week 2 (Working on that, it's stuff I wasn't noting down at the time and I'm balancing re-running the game to fix that and making actual progress lol), but unless it's a story progress unlock exclusive (which all seem to show up in shops after some days anyway) you should be able to find the source of things via the main data sheets, in this case the Pins + Noise sheets.

EDIT: Process to find is in the "spoiler". Apologies for the inconvenience, hopefully I'll have the other sheet caught up soon.
37cZBn5.png

vIXCyRI.png

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I can't beat this one fast enough. I thought maybe the 3 healthy erasure bears + HP drain chameleon would be the last one, and I made it with about 30 seconds left....goddamn. I couldn't beat the Jellyfish fast enough. I really need the friend points to get the last two Uber pin slots.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
After I reached 60,000, I stopped trying and only battled the targets without chaining and I ended up reaching 100,000 by the end. Man, I wasted all of yesterday on this only for it to end up super easy.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Whats a good score for Scramble Slam? I only got 15k, which is half of the cheapest trophies cost. Is 15k super low or do points accumulate and there arent different prizes?

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
There wouldn't be no new school,
If it wasn't for the old school.
That's why we love the old school.
And why we love the new school.

I haven't finished the game, but so far this is pretty much exactly what I expected, which I'm mixed but ultimately positive about. I'm excited to play more. I never needed this game. It sits right next to Okami as something that feels like a complete package. My biggest fear going into this was that it was going to trip over itself to justify it existing, but so far there's none of that. It's just as confident as the original and thank god for that.

In a lot of ways, this game feels like the inverse of the original. That one built mechanics around the story, whereas this one feels like it's built the story around the mechanics. It's not a huge shift and it's honestly the easiest way to get a similar feel of the original. They really wanted it to feel like TWEWY and they succeeded in spades.

I have a lot of thoughts, but I'll likely wait to finish. I want to know if there's an overarching theme in this game. The original had "Trust" built into every element, from the world, to the story, to the mechanics. Everything existed to sell you on that ultimate idea of trust. Right now, the closest I can maybe see is Survival.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Does difficulty matter for Scramble points-wise? I did the first week one, and I'm having a hard time killing the scorpions on hard. I can barely handle chaining more than two in a row.

As an aside, I'm having more trouble than I thought with the difficulty of the game. I'm still on the first week, and like I said, chaining more than two noises is difficult on hard (or maybe that's natural since it's hard mode?). I think part of it is I'm having trouble doing combos, and it feels more like I'm mashing buttons than any strategy. Like my main strategy is mashing the close-ranged or shooting pins, then when the combo meter shows up, do the hold attacks like the bomb and hope it detonates in time for the combo. Trying to use multiple pins at once while doing deliberate combos is hard to imagine.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Does difficulty matter for Scramble points-wise? I did the first week one, and I'm having a hard time killing the scorpions on hard. I can barely handle chaining more than two in a row.

As an aside, I'm having more trouble than I thought with the difficulty of the game. I'm still on the first week, and like I said, chaining more than two noises is difficult on hard (or maybe that's natural since it's hard mode?). I think part of it is I'm having trouble doing combos, and it feels more like I'm mashing buttons than any strategy. Like my main strategy is mashing the close-ranged or shooting pins, then when the combo meter shows up, do the hold attacks like the bomb and hope it detonates in time for the combo. Trying to use multiple pins at once while doing deliberate combos is hard to imagine.
You can hold L/R while you're doing the X or Y attacks, so that they're fully charged and ready to go when the drop meter appears. It makes the charging character vulnerable to attacks, though, so be mindful of any enemy that might attack them (like the wolves). Also don't forget you can still use the left stick to move around even while attacking/charging.

Oh and yes, apparently higher difficulty does award more points.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
AHHHHH

Should have seen it coming because of the cover lol, but I'm so happy Shoka is a party member ^^

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm laughing so hard lmao
No build up whatsoever and Joshua just causally walks in and goes Yo mind if I join? It's so him lmao

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Totally called it that the computer woman was Rhyme, which was said without saying her name when it showed her phone with a conversation with "big bro" and it was Beat.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast

As an aside, I'm having more trouble than I thought with the difficulty of the game. I'm still on the first week, and like I said, chaining more than two noises is difficult on hard (or maybe that's natural since it's the hard mode?). I think part of it is I'm having trouble doing combos, and it feels more like I'm mashing buttons than any strategy. Like my main strategy is mashing the close-ranged or shooting pins, then when the combo meter shows up, do the hold attacks like the bomb and hope it detonates in time for the combo. Trying to use multiple pins at once while doing deliberate combos is hard to imagine.

I did a Level 1 run up until Day 7, which kicked my ass. I would suggest trying level 1 Normal mode so you can get a rhythm down while also boosting and evolving your pins. Maximize style points with food and hard mode should be doable.

I'd also try focusing on pins you like using and can consistently get beatdrops with. I hated the punching triangle and love the slashing triangle pins, so sometimes I'd take a hit on power just because it felt better and I could consistently hit. Elementals that freeze or turn enemies to stone are very helpful, too, and clothing can help up the already high likelihood of those status effects.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
You can hold L/R while you're doing the X or Y attacks, so that they're fully charged and ready to go when the drop meter appears. It makes the charging character vulnerable to attacks, though, so be mindful of any enemy that might attack them (like the wolves). Also don't forget you can still use the left stick to move around even while attacking/charging.

That's what I've been doing. The problem is I'm having trouble timing to let go of the hold so that the charged attack coincides with the combo meter. Another problem is that my attacks also miss frequently, especially with the shark noises. And one final problem is I have a hard time tracking each pin's cool down and knowing when I could use it again.

I did a Level 1 run up until Day 7, which kicked my ass. I would suggest trying level 1 Normal mode so you can get a rhythm down while also boosting and evolving your pins. Maximize style points with food and hard mode should be doable.

I'd also try focusing on pins you like using and can consistently get beatdrops with. I hated the punching triangle and love the slashing triangle pins, so sometimes I'd take a hit on power just because it felt better and I could consistently hit. Elementals that freeze or turn enemies to stone are very helpful, too, and clothing can help up the already high likelihood of those status effects.

I will try that, thanks!

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I finally completed the main story. I'm so happy how the game and story came out. Dare I say that NEO is perhaps one of the best if not the best written game Square Enix has done in recent memory.

Great plot twists, amazing characters, amazing writing with fantastic English VA. Absolutely amazing. GOTY.

Totally called it that the computer woman was Rhyme, which was said without saying her name when it showed her phone with a conversation with "big bro" and it was Beat.

The moment I saw bits of blonde hair, I assumed it was Rhyme lol

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I finally completed the main story. I'm so happy how the game and story came out. Dare I say that NEO is perhaps one of the best if not the best written game Square Enix has done in recent memory.

Great plot twists, amazing characters, amazing writing with fantastic English VA. Absolutely amazing. GOTY.

The moment I saw bits of blonde hair, I assumed it was Rhyme lol
I figured the same thing, and the deal was sealed when it showed the lower half of her face and the fact that she was wearing the same colors as Rhyme in the first game.

I still think she is Swallow, but I will find out soon I imagine.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
reached week 2
i can't wait to erase susukichi, he is so annoying

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else realize that the Scramble Slam's points were tied to drop rates? I just checked the information they information they give you on it and it doesn't tell you but having just experimented around, it definitely is.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else realize that the Scramble Slam's points were tied to drop rates? I just checked the information they information they give you on it and it doesn't tell you but having just experimented around, it definitely is.
I saw no impact related to drop rate/level when I first experimented. I was getting the expected results at both Lv1 and much higher. Difficulty on the other hand made a large impact. Beyond that the factors were the combo multiplier and the damage dealt by the combo finishers basically. If it does have an impact it's either super negligible or part of the Day 1 patch. Shame my physical copy is still in DHL limbo so I can't see any patch changes lol...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Are the Week 2 Sharks more resistant to being knocked out of the water? I've noticed they don't get stunned immediately by my attacks and the trashing when knocked down still hits me for a heap of damage.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I saw no impact related to drop rate/level when I first experimented. I was getting the expected results at both Lv1 and much higher. Difficulty on the other hand made a large impact. Beyond that the factors were the combo multiplier and the damage dealt by the combo finishers basically. If it does have an impact it's either super negligible or part of the Day 1 patch. Shame my physical copy is still in DHL limbo so I can't see any patch changes lol...
I saw a very noticeable difference between the numbers because I'm super overleveled and thought I could just take a hit on the pins and use my HP buffer to focus on combos before killing enemies. When I played at my max level, I was barely getting anything off despite getting several combos off. I then deleveled to 1 just to test things out and started getting way more points.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Four days down, this game is such a fuckin' delight

The combat, the dialogue, the music, the way they've built upon the premise of the Reaper's Game, everything is incredibly on point. It really is a perfect sequel.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
The difference between normal and hard is so ridiculous. On normal, the enemies just sort of mill around and do fuck all for damage. On hard, 3ish hits will KO you, and they're much more aggressive.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So unless i'm reading this right, that "get the Legendary Sets free!" bonus is only for people who bought the game digitally?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Was able to sit down today and finally burn through the last three and a half days of W1. I'm playing on hard and that boss was a lot of fun at the end there. Scorpion noise can burn in hell tho

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So what exactly is happening when I get 100% sync and press circle? A few times its done a sort of cinematoc thing but it seems to do something different every time, I'm kinda lost.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
So what exactly is happening when I get 100% sync and press circle? A few times its done a sort of cinematoc thing but it seems to do something different every time, I'm kinda lost.
The super move changes based on the affinity (read: element) of your pins. I haven't figured out exactly how it decides which affinity to activate, but that's likely why you're seeing different moves.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
The super move changes based on the affinity (read: element) of your pins. I haven't figured out exactly how it decides which affinity to activate, but that's likely why you're seeing different moves.

As far as I can tell the affinity is based on the most recent affinity of the pin that made use of a beatdrop combo.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell the affinity is based on the most recent affinity of the pin that made use of a beatdrop combo.
This is correct, the most recent Beatdrop finisher determines the type of Mashup you'll perform. Each Affinity has its own Mashup. And of course you can change the affinity at will if you hold onto your Groove instead of spending it and simply perform another combo.

In the event you have multiple pins of the same Affinity in your deck, remember which one is actually being used for the Mashup, as well, because if the Mashup generates its own Beatdrops, the triggering pin cannot activate them.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Is it worth going for high score on the second scramble first try or is it another case of just come back to it? I've just gone back and to the first one and got 60k easily with Topo, but 400k seems like a stretch.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of Mashups, here are descriptions best I can remember. Spoiler tagged just to be compact.
  • Neutral: Rapidly deals low damage to enemies, each hit triggers a beatdrop that gives a small amount of groove if triggered. That last trait is shared by most/all Mashups.
  • Fire: Drops a large fireball on the current target, leaving behind fire on the ground for a period that damages anything standing on it.
  • Ice: Generates a large amount of ice crystals on the field that damage and freeze enemies they spawn on or that are knocked into them.
  • Electric: Generates lightning rods at the current target that expand and create an electric cage around the current target that can trap them and damages enemies on contact. Hilarious if used on particularly large Noise.
  • Wind: Summons large tornadoes on the current target that shoot outward, damaging everything in their path.
  • Water: Summons geysers around the field, starting with the current target and then randomizing. Geysers deal damage and launch enemies into the air.
  • Stone: Rains boulders from the sky that damage enemies on contact. I can't remember if they can entomb or not.
  • Poison: Poison chases enemies dealing damage and potentially poisoning them. I think, I haven't used this one a lot.
  • Burst: Generates multiple large explosions, starting with the current target's location, that deal high damage in a decent radius and knock enemies back.
  • Sound: Rapidly spawns low damage soundwaves under enemies, beginning with the current target and then cycling around.
  • Light: Rapidly shoots lasers at enemies, heals you some when they land. Not certain if the heal requires the pin to have HP Vampire or if it applies to all Light pins. I don't think I've encountered any Light pins that can finish a combo and don't have HP Vampire, though...
  • Darkness: Dark energy projectiles attack enemies, if I recall correctly? Unsure of additional effects.
  • Gravity: Sucks all enemies high into the sky with a black hole, allowing you to concentrate damage on them while they're helpless. Assuming you have psychs that allow you to hit them, of course.
  • Kinesis: Rapidly throws random objects at your current target.
  • Time: Chains all enemies and freezes time, allowing you to deal damage or take a breather.

Is it worth going for high score on the second scramble first try or is it another case of just come back to it? I've just gone back and to the first one and got 60k easily with Topo, but 400k seems like a stretch.
It can be done, I was able to squeeze over 50k out of each 10 chain when I was still experimenting with how to go about it. And without the Day 1 patch improvements like the higher combo multiplier cap. Wasn't super fun, but gave me a lot of experience with handling some annoying stuff haha. Couldn't care less about that pin, though, ngl.

I'd say give a chain a go and see how you fair and decide based on that? If it feels like it'll be too big of a hassle then pass on it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'd say give a chain a go and see how you fair and decide based on that? If it feels like it'll be too big of a hassle then pass on it.
I just don't want to get 3/4 through only to realize I'm not going to make it, it's not exactly quick min/maxing score lol. I have no idea what abilities I'll get later, going back to the first week with second week abilities made it much easier.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't want to get 3/4 through only to realize I'm not going to make it, it's not exactly quick min/maxing score lol. I have no idea what abilities I'll get later, going back to the first week with second week abilities made it much easier.
That's why I suggested doing one 10 chain, though. There are quite a lot of turf targets, and you can get a 10 chain for each one of them. You can both tell whether you can and estimate how long it will take to hit the score from the results of one chain.

But, you can always just pass on it anyway and come back later if you aren't feeling it, whether you test it or not.

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok this is BS, my copy from the SE store is now set to arrive on Tuesday now. Anyone manage to cancel from them before? Do they take returns? I'm just going to buy digital so that I can play it over the weekend.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Ok this is BS, my copy from the SE store is now set to arrive on Tuesday now. Anyone manage to cancel from them before? Do they take returns? I'm just going to buy digital so that I can play it over the weekend.
Ha.... imagine even having an estimate... My tracking didn't really update until Tuesday, when it freaked out. The tracking "updates" that were there changed *completely*, a note about it being late was added("please allow 24-48 hours" ahahahaha), and an ETA of Tuesday popped on the page that wasn't even there previously. Later in the day, the ETA disappeared and a USPS number was added, which means nothing since it hasn't been handed off to them yet. This whole time it's made it from NV to CA, when it's headed to MS, there hasn't been an update in almost 48 hours.

I'm gonna be in airplane mode for a long time lol.

Seil

Oct 25, 2017
Cant seem to find the deck menu on ps? Trying touchpad like the tutorial said nothing happens
You can't change decks until you unlock more via the Social Network. They have a weird habit of sometimes giving you early access to information on mechanics that they won't even allow you to use for a while. Or vice-versa lol.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
finally tried using the time bomb and I hate it lol. Not sure if I will bother with any of the time bomb type.