• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The sites aren't up yet, but you can see it being promoted on the Square Enix homepage.

square-enix-games.com

The Official SQUARE ENIX Website

Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

www.epicgames.com

NEO: The World Ends with You | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play NEO: The World Ends with You at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

unknown.png

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Finally we have a confirmation date: September 28th, 2022.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this very story focused? Weird choice to port the sequel to PC and not the original.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!!!!

I'm glad they weren't lying about the "Summer 2021" date after all. I have played the entire game on Switch but might double dip to play in 60FPS. I'm curious how this version turns out.

NTWEWY is my game of the year so far though, PLEASE PLAY THIS GAME!

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
At the same time, I feel like this deal may have made them more than sales in several territories :/
Yeah... no. One of the reasons Steam is successful in other territories is because you can buy physical cards for redeem in your Steam Wallet. EGS doesn't have that.

Anyways, I expect this to have the same fate as the Kingdom Hearts games in EGS: forgotten until SE decides to release them in Steam.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
double dipping, would love to see some mods like changing who I can explore the overworld as. Hoping this boosts sales, but seeing as square enix refuses to advertise this game I doubt it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... no. One of the reasons Steam is successful in other territories is because you can buy physical cards for redeem in your Steam Wallet. EGS doesn't have that.

Anyways, I expect this to have the same fate as the Kingdom Hearts games in EGS: forgotten until SE decides to release them in Steam.
What I was getting at is, this Epic deal probably made the game more money than sales in Japan and other countries combined, because it sold very poorly.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I imagine he just means because the game bombed in general and not much was gonna make a difference.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!!!!

I'm glad they weren't lying about the "Summer 2021" date after all. I have played the entire game on Switch but might double dip to play in 60FPS. I'm curious how this version turns out.

I mean, I would but

1. The first game isn't on Steam. Played it when it first came out but I don't remember a single thing.
2. The sequel is a timed EGS exclusive.

Hard to support the game and series 🤷‍♂️

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone want to support the game, you better wait for it to release on Steam and buy directly from the Square Enix Store if possible.
As someone that isn't too versed in the Steam vs EGS issue, how does this make any sense?

I don't care for the EGS either but this seems a really bizarre way to say support the game by not supporting the game.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this on PC.

As someone that isn't too versed in the Steam vs EGS issue, how does this make any sense?

I don't care for the EGS either but this seems a really bizarre way to say support the game by not supporting the game.
I wouldn't bother engaging in the mental gymnastics people take to view Steam as the only means to play on PC.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
What I was getting at is, this Epic deal probably made the game more money than sales in Japan and other countries combined, because it sold very poorly.
Oh, in that case, yeah. Good deal by SE.

That being said, I don't see any reason to buy this in EGS. Better wait till the Steam release since SE already got their money.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this very story focused? Weird choice to port the sequel to PC and not the original.

The original needs a touch screen to reasonably control. It's built entirely around it being the input method, and a traditional controller style input method would be impossible without gutting the combat system. Even if you tried making it use the mouse instead, you'd have a hell of a bad time and be begging for the worst kind of RSI.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
promise i will get this as soon as it goes on steam. it will get to steam right? square is kinda lagging behind in terms of steam support, i'm still waiting for ff7 and the kingdom hearts series. also would be nice if they bring the first game to more platforms.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
The original needs a touch screen to reasonably control. It's built entirely around it being the input method, and a traditional controller style input method would be impossible without gutting the combat system. Even if you tried making it use the mouse instead, you'd have a hell of a bad time and be begging for the worst kind of RSI.
Couldn't you use the touch pad on the DualShock / Dualsense?

It's been almost a decade since I played the first one, I don't remember how complex the stylus controls were and if a touch pad could alleviate that

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!!!!

Will buy it.
Later.
On Steam.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Because of the minimum guarantee from the exclusivity deal, Epic already paid Square Enix so, they will not see any money from purchases made from EGS, but every single Steam sale is more money for them.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Couldn't you use the touch pad on the DualShock / Dualsense?

It's been almost a decade since I played the first one, I don't remember how complex the stylus controls were and if a touch pad could alleviate that

I don't think a touchpad would work well. The touch controls were not 'complex' per say but very involved. I don't see it translating to a small touchpad well

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So if you're not interested in the EGS version, what's the best platform to play this on? What's the chance that a PS5 patch/version will come out at some point?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
So if you're not interested in the EGS version, what's the best platform to play this on? What's the chance that a PS5 patch/version will come out at some point?
I kind of doubt they do a PS5 patch/version for this game, but I could be wrong. If you don't want to play the EGS version though, I'd say play the PS4 version or just wait for Steam. Switch version is fine, but the PS4 version definitely performs better.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Game would be a nightmare to play with KBM. They'd need to heavily rework the game since was designed around touch-based controls.

Having finished the new game I'm also of the opinion that it's relatively friendly to newcomers, sans a few small parts of the climax. The new cast is front and center in the story.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Square's policy of moneyhatting games on exclusivity deals is just bonkers. It's almost as if they don't have faith their games will sell enough, so they need that cash advance.

I'm willing to wait for the Steam release of KH, but not so sure about TWEWY.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!!!!

Will do. Just gonna wait for it to be off of EGS first.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game is good, a shame it didn't do so well, and I doubt an EGS release will help that much but who knows, I'll stay optimistic for once.
At least this means that SE got a deal from Epic for that.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Don't think the game needs a patch, it runs very well on backward compatibility mode already. Sufficiently high resolution and 60fps at all times.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
If you wanna play this game but haven't played the original, just watch the anime. It's more than enough to catch you up. You could probably watch a YT video on the added content of the Switch version as well.

That said, I hope more people buy and play this game. It's soooooooo fucking good. The pin and social system is so addictive and the battle system remains as quirky and fun as the original.