• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Well it seems like the forbidden door has been finally broken. I don't know if this is going to only include SNK developed games, but is still a huge win in my book

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Last edited:

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes
edit: Oh wait, only neo geo pocket color? Hype dampened.

Oct 25, 2017
it's not an snk vs capcom compilation, it's a neo geo pocket color compilation. the english tweet is very poorly framed. the japanese tweet says it explicitly.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
....that is not what the tweet is announcing

I feel like the neo geo pocket games will get like a physical release or something

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd imagine that SvC Chaos will be included in this, but I hope they get Capcom to throw in the CvS games.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad they announced it though. I'll hold off on buying snk vs capcom today and get the compilation instead.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hyped for these releases, but it's difficult to get excited knowing the amazing clicky NGP stick will be replaced with the Switch d-pad/stick.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
i know this sint that but a compliation of SVC Chaos, SVC MOTM, CVS and CVS2 would have been a dream (match)

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Terry is going to be the final season 5 character in SF

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
all I ask is for this again

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Probably just a collection of all the NGPC fighters they've been putting on the eShop.
  • Fatal Fury: First Contact
  • The King of Fighters R-2
  • The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny
  • Samurai Shodown! 2
  • SNK Gals Fighters
  • SNK Vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's just the Neo Geo Pocket games. Meh.

I thought we were gonna see SvC Chaos. That game is a mess but it's also GORGEOUS.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It really seems like Capcom and SNK have made up and on good terms again! Hopefully this opens the door for CvS 1/2!

Wonder if this will be a timed exclusive (3 months then go to other platforms)? In any case, this is great news.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That game is my guilty pleasure. I can't get mad at the game that started Zero's run as a broken top tier fighting game character. A run that is still going!

It's honestly like NOT a good game in a lot of ways, but it's the last time Demitri Maximoff was done justice in anything. His toned-down version n the Project X Zone games is the only thing that's come close and it generally bills him as a second banana to Morrigan or Dante. :/

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Well it seems like the forbidden door has been finally broken.

Everywhere I go people have been asking me for months, 'Doug, when are you gonna open the forbidden door? When is SNK gonna come to Switch?' And I kept telling them I don't know where the forbidden door is. I don't know what it is, and then I figured it out… all along. The forbidden door was me. I'm the forbidden door!

I just had to open myself, and that's come from being here with you SNK, doing these paid ads.​

1550826903_810427_1550826969_noticia_normal.jpg

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nowhere does the tweet say it's a "SvC compilation". It clearly says a compilation that includes SvC:MotM!
Sure, if you understand abbreviation soup or read the hashtags. A cursory glance at a tweet, which is what most people would do, would be confusing. The Japanese tweet is worded better; the translation is not great.

Oct 25, 2017
it's not an snk vs capcom compilation, it's a neo geo pocket color compilation. the english tweet is very poorly framed. the japanese tweet says it explicitly.

Leave it up to SNK to botch a translation. :) Still excited for this. I owned all the games for the NGPC except for Last Blade and Gal's Fighters. Outside of MOTM, $8 each is a bit pricey in 2020, but it would be nice to pick them all up in a compilation if it lowered the price. Hopefully the Capcom vs. SNK games and SNK vs. Capcom Neo Geo will come later this year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This only reminded me that Onimusha Blade Warriors dropped the same year, and Zero was top (alone with Rockman.EXE) in that game, too. LOL

oh god Onimusha Blade Warriors

what was the insane survival mode in that game called? didn't you have to beat the whole thing to unlock one of the characters?

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Everywhere I go people have been asking me for months, 'Doug, when are you gonna open the forbidden door? When is SNK gonna come to Switch?' And I kept telling them I don't know where the forbidden door is. I don't know what it is, and then I figured it out… all along. The forbidden door was me. I'm the forbidden door!

Came here for this.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If physical cart, sure I'm in. I already own Samurai Shodown 2 from the freebie code, but open to a cart. I miss compilations.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought any of the ngpc titles yet so a collection would be nice.

Some nice menus, extras, galleries as a bonus would be even better.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Would pay for a collection of Card Fighters Clash, Metal Slug, Tennis, and Golf. Those were the only NGPC games I remember really liking. I wouldn't pay more than $2-$3 for them individually though, maybe $5 for Card Fighters.