• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
ain't about stand up cabinets.

people can be large and would take up the whole width of the machine. Don't want to rub shoulders either.

do not want to play at and angle, hand all bent up. Uncomfortable.

those sticks might need changing.

6 buttons is good, one less step for streetfighter mod or custom macros mod.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
heavy breathing intensifies...

I wish this came out after the new year though lol. October's generally when I start Christmas shopping, so I feel kinda bad spending money on myself (I'll get over it for my Series X though).

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Bah, such a vanilla ass selection of games. Although 'Classic Collection V.1' makes me think there will be more...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I'm interested in this, but I already have the Arcade Stick Pro and most of those games on PS4 and Switch, so I can't justify to myself spending 500 bucks.
Maybe next year, if it's still available.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Lack of variety kills this. Overloaded with waaaaay too many fighting games and their sequels and no shmups or other great classics like Bust a Move. Also don't like straight joysticks, needs to be ball and stick which is much more comfortable.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Lack of variety kills this. Overloaded with waaaaay too many fighting games and their sequels and no shmups or other great classics like Bust a Move. Also don't like straight joysticks, needs to be ball and stick which is much more comfortable.

Puzzle Bobble is a Taito / Square Enix game. These people would need to get the rights from them, not SNK.

All the games included in the cabinet are all owned by SNK.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm shocked they're including the home versions.

The home versions are already included in the rom, but they've never bothered to enable it for any other port. Finally.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I wish this had came out sooner, I would have most definitely purchased it...

I built this earlier this year:

YKTqUsO.jpg

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Overall I think this thing looks pretty awesome, and would look great occupying the spot next to my full size cab where my neo geo gold cab used to be.

Obviously concerning about the quality of emulation, I already like that it's a bartop better than arcade 1up style.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I just put a preorder in on the MvC arcade 1 up cab, but SNK is really where my heart lies in this area, and I bet it will be easy to mod as well. Do we know who's doing the actual manufacturing of the units, or what the build quality will be like?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm surprised of how much I want it. Seems like a perfect get for small business owners.

Are there any of those left? :(

I'm actually a little surprised I haven't seen any of the 1up arcades at any small businesses. Though I guess there's no actual way to get it to cost quarters or anything (not like anyone has any change).

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really cool, definitely something I'll consider. I do with there were some shmups, though. The fighting game selection is awesome, but the non-fighting selection leaves a little to be desired.

Good chance I'll still get it, though!

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Hm, I just put a preorder in on the MvC arcade 1 up cab, but SNK is really where my heart lies in this area, and I bet it will be easy to mod as well. Do we know who's doing the actual manufacturing of the units, or what the build quality will be like?

Definitely the big questions right now!
Are there any of those left? :(

I'm actually a little surprised I haven't seen any of the 1up arcades at any small businesses. Though I guess there's no actual way to get it to cost quarters or anything (not like anyone has any change).

Thats exactly it. Also they are pretty flimsy, fine if you are the only one using them at home, but with randos playing them they would be destroyed in no time.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I wish this had came out sooner, I would have most definitely purchased it...

I built this earlier this year:

YKTqUsO.jpg

Oh, man. That is SWEET! Did you build any of it out of the arcade1up machines or by other means? Really curious how you put that together!

Retro Ralph has one of these in hand and they will be checking it out live at 7est (1 hour from now) on The1upWeekly on Youtube for those of you interested.

youtu.be

The 1up Weekly - Exclusive NeoGeo MVSX Reveal!

Video reuploaded - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKJGUYkr8D4
Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch live, but definitely will watch as soon as I can. Really interested in getting one of these.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks God they are aware that they used the wrong artwork in the marquee for KOF 98 (They are using artwork from UM)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, man. That is SWEET! Did you build any of it out of the arcade1up machines or by other means? Really curious how you put that together!

I don't have the means to cut wood, so I actually bought the shell of the arcade pre fabricated here: https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/bartop-arcade-kit-deluxe/ I bought the kit from here too, containing the buttons, joystick, and the circuit board for it. I also re-created the arcade cabinet graphics on Illustrator, and had it printed at this same place. I bought the raspberry pi, monitor, lighting, cables, etc from Amazon.

imgur.com

SF2 Bartop Arcade Cabinet

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

RQwyikS.jpg

Last edited:

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Watched some big chunks of the video - looks pretty slick from what I can tell?

Anyone else watch or have opinions after skimming it?

I think I'll probably go ahead and preorder for the unit + riser combo despite already having a dedicated fullsize arcade cab in my game room...

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Pretty disappointing to see they've taken Canada off the initial list of countries that can order this...

They say more will be added soon but I have no idea how soon is soon and if they intend to include Canada again.

Last edited: