• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
This month's new games are Super Sidekicks and Metal Slug X.

www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

Inspired by the NEOGEO CD controller, this arcade stick has been refined to be both simple and innovative. 20 classic NEOGEO fighting games from series like The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, and Fatal Fury were carefully selected to be pre-installed in this revolutionary arcade controller.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how many games are going to be added?
I think there's twenty total, dunno how many were released yet.

Is there a way to extract the ROMs from the HW for external purposes? This would make it much more interesting to have for me as a legitimate way to obtain some ROMs. I asked the same on Reddit for the Arcade Mini but apparently once you dump it you have no choice to flash it with a hack afterwards, which turned me off on that HW. I didn't ask anything about the Arcade Stick Pro yet.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This is still 99.99 with the gamelinq on amazon. However, if you want a pristine box, don't bother, mine came yesterday shipped by itself, no amazon box, with stickers plastered right on it and someone (presumably the post office) having written on it in sharpee. It also isn't even taped shut, with the gamelinq and "bonus" hdmi cable just thrown into the box (I guess that's why it's not sealed).

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've honestly lost track with all these Neo Geo Minis and controllers and what-not.

Having never dived deep into SNK's games, I have been interested in the possibility of owning a "Neo Geo Machine" that properly emulates all the games and have it sit alongside my other Minis.

Does this stick do the trick? Again, there are so many versions and ports and re-releases that I have no idea where to get the "definitive" Neo Geo experience. I just want all the Metal Slugs, KoFs and so on in one place.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've honestly lost track with all these Neo Geo Minis and controllers and what-not.

Having never dived deep into SNK's games, I have been interested in the possibility of owning a "Neo Geo Machine" that properly emulates all the games and have it sit alongside my other Minis.

Does this stick do the trick? Again, there are so many versions and ports and re-releases that I have no idea where to get the "definitive" Neo Geo experience. I just want all the Metal Slugs, KoFs and so on in one place.

I think general consensus is that these are way better than the Neo Geo minis that look like miniature arcade setups complete with screen, mainly because those have wonky output to TVs. It's also much more expensive, though (the minis have been on sale for like 30 bucks recently)

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
This is still 99.99 with the gamelinq on amazon. However, if you want a pristine box, don't bother, mine came yesterday shipped by itself, no amazon box, with stickers plastered right on it and someone (presumably the post office) having written on it in sharpee. It also isn't even taped shut, with the gamelinq and "bonus" hdmi cable just thrown into the box (I guess that's why it's not sealed).
Weird! Mine showed up packaged properly. It was still opened with the GameLinq and cable thrown inside, but it came inside a box with air cushions. I'd contact Amazon and see what they can do.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Weird! Mine showed up packaged properly. It was still opened with the GameLinq and cable thrown inside, but it came inside a box with air cushions. I'd contact Amazon and see what they can do.

It's probably down to the warehouse on how to package it. I'm not that concerned with the packaging (as long as everything is in there and works) but wanted to warn others who are. Thanks for confirming, though, especially that it's not supposed to be sealed...

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I just got mine the other day. It was in an Amazon shipping box, and the Gamelinq/HDMI was inside the ASP box.

Updated it for all the new games. The unit is pretty cool. I can see why no one likes the scanline filters, it uses the smoothing filter too so it looks weird...should have just kept it normal and then had the filters.

Unit is not bad and as a Stick, it actually feel way better than I expected it would.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I really love this device. I bought a second one so that I can daisy-chain them for local multiplayer, which works great. You do need a USB-C to USB adaptor as the USB-C inputs are meant for the Neogeo Mini Pads.

I'm thinking about going all-out on one of them and replacing the parts with Sanwa parts, I've seen some pretty nice looking modded versions.

Has anyone had any luck with modding the Arcade Stick Pro to add other games to it? I'd love to add the games from the Neogeo Mini. I know I could plug my Arcade Stick Pros into my NeoGeo Mini as controllers, but that thing just doesn't look as nice. Now that I have two I'm a little less scared to get messy with one of them and install custom firmware because worst case if I screw it up, I can still use it as the second controller.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I really love this device. I bought a second one so that I can daisy-chain them for local multiplayer, which works great. You do need a USB-C to USB adaptor as the USB-C inputs are meant for the Neogeo Mini Pads.

I'm thinking about going all-out on one of them and replacing the parts with Sanwa parts, I've seen some pretty nice looking modded versions.

Has anyone had any luck with modding the Arcade Stick Pro to add other games to it? I'd love to add the games from the Neogeo Mini. I know I could plug my Arcade Stick Pros into my NeoGeo Mini as controllers, but that thing just doesn't look as nice. Now that I have two I'm a little less scared to get messy with one of them and install custom firmware because worst case if I screw it up, I can still use it as the second controller.
You probably already know this, but you can download more games from SNK themselves here:
www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

Inspired by the NEOGEO CD controller, this arcade stick has been refined to be both simple and innovative. 20 classic NEOGEO fighting games from series like The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, and Fatal Fury were carefully selected to be pre-installed in this revolutionary arcade controller.
More games will be added each month.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
You probably already know this, but you can download more games from SNK themselves here:
www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

More games will be added each month.
Yes!! I'm very glad for those, I really like the additional non-fighting games. Super Sidekicks and the Metal Slug games are great additions.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017

A mod has come out with support for every single NeoGeo game (including SSV Special), Unibios 4.0 and a lot of other improvements.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I know everyone's moved onto the next iteration in home neo geo (the cabinet) but they released two more games today:

Samurai Shodown
Metal Slug 4

www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know everyone's moved onto the next iteration in home neo geo (the cabinet) but they released two more games today:

Samurai Shodown
Metal Slug 4

www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

Did that cab ever go up for order?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

Samurai Shodown
Metal Slug 4

www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

Nice!
Will download.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Art of Fighting 3 and Metal Slug 5 are this month's games:

www.snk-corp.co.jp

NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I prefer this stick over my HORI RAP for Switch. I like the clicky sounds very much. I thought it was worth it.

Oct 26, 2017
I need to pick this thing up at some point. It seems it's getting much better support than the Capcom stick (which isn't released by Capcom which probably explains it). The only issue is: I already have an AES and a MVS. Do I really need another way to play the same games?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I need to pick this thing up at some point. It seems it's getting much better support than the Capcom stick (which isn't released by Capcom which probably explains it). The only issue is: I already have an AES and a MVS. Do I really need another way to play the same games?
It's cool to have an HDMI-ready NeoGeo available, at least.

And the Capcom stick got a firmware update recently that fixed a lot of things.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Since it seems to work flawlessly work an adaptor with ps4, i guess it will also be compatible with ps5 ^^
Hopefully i can confirm this soon and finally buy it

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Thanks! Now to weigh if I can fit it in my tiny NYC apartment...

Also, weird question. I have this stick but I haven't opened it. The only way to add the unlocked games is manually via USB stick? I thought the thing had wi-fi, no?
Yeah, it's through the usb stick only. No internet connectivity.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oh! And it looks like they're just little unlock keys judging from the file in each zip. Must've gotten this confused with some other mini console with wi-fi.
The only "mini" console that has wi-fi is the Capcom stick,for online leaderboards and firmware updates.
Some Arcade1up cabs also have internet for online multiplayer.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
4946918508_a304ce4a5e_z.jpg

Have the designers never seen an MVS panel? That button layout.