• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I never played the original, was Nemesis really Mr. X from RE2 but mutated?

Mr.X is a T-103, mass produced Tyrant made by Umbrella. It's just one of many.
Nemesis is a T-103 infected by an experimental parasite named NE-a Type.

So it's not the same guy from RE2, it's another one. The parasite is the reason why is face is so fucked up, it's tearing through its skin.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Not a fan of the new design. It looks like what you'd see in a comic book adaptation of RE 3 where every design is way off.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
With the third pic we got, I'm not sure it's a good design afterall, he only looks good on the regular cover so far.

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
I love the new design. Looks like he has some kind of engine on his chest, and they wrapped him in trash bags with Caution stickers. He looks like a real monster straight out of screwed up laboratory.

Old nemesis was wearing clothes?? What, did they knit a coat and pants specifically for a monster? Who cares! Just wrap the thing in whatever's convenient (trash bags)

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Old nemesis was wearing clothes?? What, did they knit a coat and pants specifically for a monster? Who cares! Just wrap the thing in whatever's convenient (trash bags)
A5ioplK.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I think I prefer his UMvC3 design but I dont hate this one. I need to see how he moves in game though because Mr. X moves like the Terminator and it's scary as fuck

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
the second picture in OP being a jpg instead of a png so you can see the transparency background is hurting my soul

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He needs something breaking up his face like the staples, which I will assume might happen over the course of the game. Right now it's just too much blankpasty real estate. Even if it's just a scar rather than the staples.

I imagine part of his costume will break and that tube thingy will give way to the tentacles.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I hated the new design at first sight, but it kinda grew on me already. I still think it's kinda silly but i'm waiting for actual gameplay footage to judge.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The teeth are my only issue with it. The piano teeth don't creed me out like the original Nemesis' teeth. Looks good otherwise.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any quarrel with the new design, except that its teeth are so fucking long. :lol

In any case, I'm sure you will be able to swap Nemesis' model for the classic/new one...the classic one was shown during a Project Resistance trailer I think?

If anything the newer one look more horrific, monster-esque, more distant from a human face than the OG one.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
agree with OP, OG Nemesis looks way more scarier

At least PC mods ll save nemesis

45791222_1051354691711238_5136033686260547584_n.jpg

Last edited:

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Working at Umbrella doesn't seem so bad, actually. Custom knit clothes, good dental care, only downside is they're awful at keeping viruses contained. Air vents, rats, spies, their viruses keep going places.
Like the animal keeper from RE that got exposed to the T-Virus while caring for animals experimented on. Where he slowly went insane, began scratching off his skin, eating a coworker and eventually becoming a zombie. Sure he had a good time otherwise though.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The picture of him reminds me of something from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (not the fucking movie) so I'm scared by default. And as much as I've always liked Nemesis, he was always kinda a rip-off of Chatterer from Hellraiser.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
OG Nemesis' leather daddy look is honestly really silly in retrospect. Mr. X is supposed to look oddly-refined as a contrast to the original Tyrant's feral nudity - he was originally only sent to retrieve Sherry's locket so he's not dressed for combat necessarily. It's still funny for a big bioweapon to be walking around in a trenchcoat, but at least it makes some sense if you're gonna clothe your frankensteins monster to go for style given the circumstances.

Nemesis' coat just makes him look like Umbrella is full of edgelords drawing in the corner of their notebook during class. He's supposed to be more suited for the overtly-dangerous mission of eliminating S.T.A.R.S. so he should be dressed in bullet-proof armor or something. Which I think new Nemesis' suit is trying to evoke - it looks more like it's designed to keep him held back without restraining his movements too much, and the material looks more like some kind of synthetic fiber like kevlar.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. New one looks scary and I bet he looks amazing in motion.

BumbleChump

Aug 19, 2018
Like the animal keeper from RE that got exposed to the T-Virus while caring for animals experimented on. Where he slowly went insane, began scratching off his skin, eating a coworker and eventually becoming a zombie. Sure he had a good time otherwise though.

He became a zombie with a sense of style, and a great smile. Those Umbrella perks!

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has only played through the original game a couple of times, I didn't even notice he was different looking. It's not all that much of a change I think.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
It looks... fine? The old one I didn't ever think was that great. I honestly don't really see much difference. It just looks like what I would expect an updated version of the old model to look like.

Oct 26, 2017
To be blunt: I always hated the original CG model of Nemesis. It looked abysmal. From colours, tones and textures. The only thing it had going for it was silhouette, and even that was ok at best. The in game version, was much more compelling as due to the pixel art textures your imagination could fill in a lot of detail.
Nemesis to me is on the same level of awful enemy design as the Ooze from Revelations, and the Molded from RE7. An unappealing mess of ideas that looked straight out of some cheap ass 70s horror gore movie (and not in a so bad it's kinda good way)

Nemesis was scary despite its design, not because of it. The new design is eh... whatever. They couldn't stray too far from the old design, and you can only polish a turd that much.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Other than the teeth, I strongly disagree.

I love how his face looks like some sort of monster that's wearing a human mask. Like a tyrant whose mutations are popping out of its own skin.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
It's the teeth. I photoshoped them from his old design onto the new one.
Before-
re3.png

After-
re3_teeth.jpg

Taken from this-
re3_orig.png

Feb 16, 2018
I think he looks fine, excited to see him in action and what he sounds like. The "Stars" is more important to me, I want to hear that and go "oh shit I need to move".

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
OG Nemesis' leather daddy look is honestly really silly in retrospect. Mr. X is supposed to look oddly-refined as a contrast to the original Tyrant's feral nudity - he was originally only sent to retrieve Sherry's locket so he's not dressed for combat necessarily. It's still funny for a big bioweapon to be walking around in a trenchcoat, but at least it makes some sense if you're gonna clothe your frankensteins monster to go for style given the circumstances.
The coats are supposed to be Power Limiters I believe, which prevented Tyrants from rapidly mutating and going rogue. Given that Nemesis is just a mutated Mr.X, I don't see why he wouldn't have the same/similar kind of Power Limiter outfit.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
A random question that just popped in my mind: why do both Nemesis and Mister X wear fairly elaborate outfits, including boots, straps, gloves, overalls etc.? Is it a way to make them more menacing/mysterious?

I mean, they're not humans caught in an outbreak that turned into zombies, but bioweapons deliberately created by Umbrella in a lab, right?