• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck did he do after Elysium? There was that failed Aliens attempt, but otherwise silence for years.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Kinda hope they let someone else take a pass at the script if it needs it, cause that's where I get worried

But damn do I want this to work out

Jul 18, 2018
What the heck did he do after Elysium? There was that failed Aliens attempt, but otherwise silence for years.
He founded a small studio, Oats Studios and they released this:

..and still are releasing shorts.

Then he went and made Chappie. Now he has a new Horror film coming out this year called Demonic

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
District 9 is one of my absolute favourite movies but I can't say I'm happy or excited about this. Just let D9 be, it was a perfect movie.
Why not attempt something original again?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish he'd jumped on this instead of Chappie.

Ugh, seeing Die Antwoord attempting to act made me want to punch something. To say nothing about how they were apparently absolutely horrible to everyone behind-the-scenes...

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta go back to the well.

Starship Troopers would make sense since he couldn't do that Halo movie, I suppose. lol

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
raw

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Will we see a continuation of ADAM from Blomkamp or is that dependant on interest from Unity?

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Lovely. I just watched D9 on the 4K BR a couple of weks ago and immediately got depressed knowing that was it. :(

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked some of his Oats Studios output so I'm hopeful this could work. Especially if he goes the invasion route with the whole of the alien race bearing down on Earth. Basically just rework that short film "Rakka" he put out from Oats, but instead of the weird black goo aliens he makes it the D9 aliens.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Looking forward to this. I love district 9 and unlike most people I enjoyed Elysium and chappie despite their flaws. His main issue has been nailing the scripts post district 9 but I'm optimistic.

My main concern is I'm just not sure exactly where you go with a sequel and I could see it not turning out very well. Here's hoping.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I WILL SHOOT A PIG BUT I WILL NOT SHOOT A PRAWN

Boy, Christopher took more than three years on this one lmao

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Eh. Isnt the sequel to this the Aliens come back with mechs and shit and exterminate humanity? And that they're completely justified in doing that?

This doesn't need a sequel. Maybe a parallel side story.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
D9 holds up and remains a masterpiece. Chappie and Elysium are terrible. Oats stuff is fun. I'm trending slightly positive on this "news."

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
Made by the District 9 director who kept making movies after District 9 is not encouraging.