• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you prefer Naughty Dog's next game to be?

• New IP

• The Last of Us: Part III

• Uncharted 5

• New Jak and Daxter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna see a new IP. I love TLOU as a franchise, but I want to see them do other things. I would have been perfectly okay with TLOU2 not even coming out as I felt TLOU was nearly perfect as it was.

That being said, I'm really enjoying TLOU2 so far.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Driveby trolling
I wonder how many senior leads is he gonna alienate and bully into leaving.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I want a new IP from Naughty Dog, because they've done a lot of Uncharted games and The Last of Us should be done at the end of the generation again. I think it's a fitting franchise to end generation and I want TLOU3 to show us what ND learned in all the years about PS5.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in a new IP that is in a new genre like a large scale RPG with stats, builds, and so on.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU is barely an "IP" at this point (don't get semantic with me nerds; you know what I mean). There are only 2 games. I'd love to see a 3rd.

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
I'd love a new IP - TLOU and Part 2 are astonishing games but I struggle to see where the story in a third part would come from without retreading on many of the themes of the first two - however I didn't think a Part 2 was needed and that has just blown me away so perhaps they do have a great idea for a final chapter.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
After tlou2, maybe ND should play it safe for awhile,new ip with white male protagonist, fun adventure power fantasy, romance option with multiple women that allow you to get all of them as the best ending.
/s

Ombala

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I want a new IP, I want ND to go nuts and in no way stay grounded.
Make totally sci-fi or magic filled setting, make a WRPG!

Feb 5, 2018
Seems like Neil can direct 2 games per gen so I'd love to see that superhero IP potentially becoming a thing (possibly teased as collectables in the TLOU2) first and then the TLOU3 at the end of the PS5 gen. Tbh, I am super biased to TLOU and this second game is just so full of content and amazing level design that I need to see where they can go with a 3rd game.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Definitely Part 3, but if they want a break, I would love ND to develop a game about dinosaurs. They can make the craziest things believable and I can just imagine how amazing it would be!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
As much as Part II has its own form of resolution to the story it tells, I would really like to see a Part III that is the third act to Ellie's story, and everything that that implies.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
ND's PS5 lineup is probably going to look like this:

-Factions II (with Part II's gameplay and the Faction's modes this could be huge)
-TLOU Standalone (they have shitton of assets, they could probably pull off another Lost Legacy)
-New IP (we are sci-fi getting baby, I'm feeling it)
-Part III (appropriate to end another gen)

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still undecided, I'd like to see what loose ends they wrap up with the DLC. Really I just want to see how great their multiplayer project is going to be.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
ND's PS5 lineup is probably going to look like this:

-Factions II (with Part II's gameplay and the Faction's modes this could be huge)
-TLOU Standalone (they have shitton of assets, they could probably pull off another Lost Legacy)
-New IP (we are sci-fi getting baby, I'm feeling it)
-Part III (appropriate to end another gen)

Can't see them doing TLOU3 on PS5 tbh.

Maybe a Lost Legacy smaller one like you suggested.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
TLOU was so amazing because they knew how to do unbelievable things with the PS3, and the same with Part 2 on PS4. I would be fine if they finish the series with Part 3 to get used to PS5 then she their experience to do something amazing with a new IP.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
They cranked out a UC4 between 1 and 2. Do a new IP then back to part 3 at the backend of ps5 lifecycle. Might not be reasonable to expect 2 games next gen as they did uc4 and tlou pt 2 this gen as I dont know if dev time will extend again next gen.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't they be at the end of pre-production stage of the next game by now? Especially after so many Part II delays.
Neil definitely knows what's next lol

Jan 20, 2019
Shouldn't they be at the end of pre-production stage of the next game by now? Especially after so many Part II delays.
Neil definitely knows what's next lol

They start working a new title a couple months before the ship the current one as a small team shifts to that production, When Neil talkb about building a new ip or TLOU3 he is talking about the game after this one.

However, the one in current production is most likely TLOU2 mp.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
New IP (pls be sci fi) for sure then late PS5 finish of TLOU with part 3 is my guess and desire.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't played tlou2 , will play it on ps5 and am confident it will be great. However, I've always felt a sequel to tlou to be unnecessary, so I'd like to see them do a new IP.

Either a sci fi romp with a more open nature and in a retro futuristic post apocalyptic fallout esque style, or a no fantasy medieval adventure with a mature (read well Written ) plot

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Savage Starlight, a Superhero game akin to The Boys, or something completely out of their wheelhouse like an RPG, or a true adventure game like Zelda.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The reason I want Jak back is because the concept of the world and game design, refined for "ps5" generation, would be exactly my jam.

And I know beyond good and evil 2 is coming, but that will be less focused and more sand boxy (which is cool too).

I can't stand ratchet and clank, which to me always felt like worse Jak and Daxter, both design wise and game wise.

And I'd love to see it revisited.

If they don't want to, I hope they can let other devs work on the IP.

Nov 1, 2017
I'd love a Part III but I'm perfectly content with Part II being the last game in this series.

Druckmann knocked out The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, and The Last of Us Part II with hardly a break. Let the team have some time off to recalibrate.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I love The Last of Us Part II but I'd like to see them do something different, maybe in space?

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
new IP for new gen. they haven't had a chance at a new one in 7 years, so i imagine they're ready for it.

also i only just realized they released just two full retail games this whole time, plus the lost legacy standalone dlc. compare that to uncharted 1, 2, 3 plus last of us 1.