• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
He's a perfect example of someone who is so high off their farts that they can't muster up sympathy for anyone.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What he probably wanted to say: "Gun violence is tragic, but we must not give in to fear of the outside world."

And if he was smart he might've added: "We need to make this world a safer place for all of us."

What he said: "Gun violence is not actually that bad when you put it next to the other data points."

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
I used to love him as a science educator. But unlike Carl Sagan he lacks the humanity which he valued just as much, if not more then the data/science.
Neil is such a major disappointment

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anthropogenic climate change is not that worrisome when you consider how ~90% of all Earth's species were wiped out 252 million years ago in the Permio-Triassic Extinction Event.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Dude moved on from being an annoying prick about movies to being an annoying prick over mass shootings. Cool.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Michio Kaku wouldn't take such an self inflicted L

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I think he wants to say we shouldn't get controlled by fear... And i agree since you have more chance to die by small things of the everyday life, including cars, than with terrorist attacks.....

BUT DAMN that's the dumbest way to say it, and with the worst, most insensitive timing... You should know better Neil! Just stop tweeting for a bit

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
He's not wrong, but my God, what an insensitive, poorly-timed and inhuman thing to say out loud. That's some Sheldon Cooper level shite

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
He's running.

(Years ago Trump was the first celebrity I blocked on Twitter because I was tired of seeing his dumbass takes. deGrasse Tyson was the second)

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Neil is a piece of shit and I'm glad that he's being called out for being such an asshole.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But, one of those is easier to prevent than the others...
Only "homicide via handgun" would be in some way be comparable in the effort required to resolve the issue.
But, 40 vs 34? They're both bad enough.

If each statistic was equally as difficult to resolve, then he would have had a point.
Numbers over equivalent time periods do not reflect the processes behind them.

The point is to start fixing something. Gun control looks to be the easiest on that list.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitter continues to prove that being an expert in one area doesn't mean you'll have worthwhile things to say in another.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Most of those are not done with ill intent like bringing a gun to a public place and letting loose. And those are all awful things that we would like to fix as well. Comparing one bad thing to another bad thing doesn't destroy the argument that guns should be regulated a hell of a lot better.
Man, Neil has killed any remaining good faith he had.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
When trying to be too much of an intellectual goes wrong

Dumbass typed that out thinking he was making some profound statement

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
YNl7cS5.gif

But just put Neil's face over Dylan Moran's.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Regardless of his intention it's terrible timing.

I like Neil but he should be more considerate about how his hot takes will be perceived by others.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
500 people die every 48 hours from medical errors? I knew I was right, doctors are a bunch of fucks! I need to go out and buy more guns to protect myself from murderous doctors.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like people are missing the whole point.

40 people die every 48 hours to gun violence.

We only hear about the localized mass shootings.

Neil is on point. Set aside your anger and focus on what he's saying.
We aren't missing the point. He didn't only bring up gun violence; he brought up the flu (largely unavoidable) and suicide. He is saying that these mass shootings aren't that big a deal compared to other, leading causes of death.

And he's a fucking idiot for saying so. We're aware, Neil. That doesn't mean we shouldn't fucking do something about this, that we shouldn't be absolutely horrified. Pointless, meaningless, insensitive tweet that comes across horribly.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
We aren't missing the point. He didn't only bring up gun violence; he brought up the flu (largely unavoidable) and suicide. He is saying that these mass shootings aren't that big a deal compared to other, leading causes of death.

And he's a fucking idiot for saying so. We're aware, Neil. That doesn't mean we shouldn't fucking do something about this, that we shouldn't be absolutely horrified. Pointless, meaningless, insensitive tweet that comes across horribly.

Yea the people in here defending this or acting like "well I knew what he was getting at" are on some galaxy brain shit. Congrats you're just as much of callous asshat as NDG, well done. Just look up his name as a # and see the types of accounts that are agreeing with him. Pro-gun, Vets, Right wing, you can imagine.

Last edited: