• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This past week, I was made aware of some accusations levied against me by an ex of mine. She's not going to the police or anything of the sort, but she went to our shared mutual friends with them, and they brought these accusations to me, and now I need some advice. She claims that, in the five and a half years we dated, we never had sex and instead claims that each sexual encounter in that over half a decade was rape. She's also saying that I was both emotionally and physically abusive towards her. My friends asked for my side of things, and I told them that it's not true, and that in fact she was the one who was abusive in the relationship, and I cited numerous instances they were physically there for to support myself. They seem to have sided with me, but the entire accusation and situation has left me feeling sick to my stomach and unaware of what, if anything, I should do.

For context:

- We broke up around 2011 or 2012, so this is quite some time ago.
- She broke up with me over the phone, after taking my pet cats and a bunch of our stuff from my apartment. When I tried to retrieve my cats back then, she called the cops and refused to speak with me, so I had to give up my cats as a result.
- Over the years, we would see each other a couple of times and be cordial to one another, but that status quo shifted about two to three years. At a mutual friend's wedding, she apparently broke down after seeing me and had to leave.
- We share mutual friends through me. She became friends with my friends during the course of our relationship. She's tried to convince them to stop being friends with me over the past few years, from what I was told.
- She became friends with two people who, to be frank, hate me outright after the breakup. My friends theorize that it's possible and likely that, after years of them talking shit about me to her, that she may be believing what they've said about me. I can't say for certain, as I'd have no idea about any of that.

I'm open to talk about it more, if anyone has any questions. I've offered to speak with her to sort the matter out, or write a letter to her to apologize for what she feels transpired, but my friends advised me against it, since she's simply not interested.

I'm not sure how to move forward now, and it's been troubling me ever since I found out on Monday. I haven't told my current girlfriend about any of this, because I'm not sure how she'll handle it or if she'd even want to know, so I've been trying to process it alone, and I just really need some sort of advice. I'd appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You make anyone who asks aware.
You cut her and other toxic people out your life.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Never been in this situation, but I'd advise against trying to contact her further. Don't do anything but speak the truth if people ask. If she's going around spreading things that are untrue you don't want to have any ammo for her to go "see, he's obsessed with me/harassing me, won't leave me alone, etc etc." You've tried to reach out and she isn't having it, so just leave it.

If your girlfriend hangs out with any mutual friends or might be in a position to hear what your ex is saying, you might want to bring it up at some point. Better she hears it from you than someone else, I would think, but you know her better.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
the first thing you do is tell your girlfriend. Better she hears this from you than someone else, otherwise, she might start wondering why you were hiding it from her in the 1st place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metallix87

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I guess you're both right. I'll tell her next time I see her, and hopefully she handles it well.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Inform your girlfriend first, then try and cut off all avenues connected between you and your ex-girlfriend.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
1.Tell your current girlfriend about what's happening. Better to hear from you then from another, probably worse source.
2.Don't talk or have any contact with your ex. At all.
3. Make it clear to all your close friends what happened, what's happening right now, and let chips fall where they may.
4. Don't contact or engage your ex. Forget her.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Honestly i feel like something is missing from your story. You make it sound like your ex was is crazy and abusive and that you did nothing wrong. So either your ex is bad shit crazy or perhaps she really felt like you abused her.

Either way you arent with her now, just leave it alone. People who know you will judge you from their own experiences with you and her. Tell your gf, theres no reason not to so long as you are honest

OP
OP
Metallix87

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly i feel like something is missing from your story. You make it sound like your ex was is crazy and abusive and that you did nothing wrong. So either your ex is bad shit crazy or perhaps she really felt like you abused her.
I'm not trying to absolve myself of guilt in the relationship. Neither one of us was right for the other, and we definitely were pretty mean to each other. That being said, I'm not guilty of what she's accusing me of, and while I don't want to say outright that she's crazy, I'm extremely perplexed as to where she got those ideas from.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
1.Tell your current girlfriend about what's happening. Better to hear from you then from another, probably worse source.
2.Don't talk or have any contact with your ex. At all.
3. Make it clear to all your close friends what happened, what's happening right now, and let chips fall where they may.
4. Don't contact or engage your ex. Forget her.
Yeah I would only add if cutting her out isn't working perhaps try to lure her into emailing something to protect yourself like if you emailed and said I'm genuinely confused why you are saying these things and want to make it right , but this heavily depends how devious she is . And cutting all communication should be choice 1 , 2 and 3 ..... I'm talking last resort

OP
OP
Metallix87

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I would only add if cutting her out isn't working perhaps try to lure her into emailing something to protect yourself like if you emailed and said I'm genuinely confused why you are saying these things and want to make it right , but this heavily depends how devious she is . And cutting all communication should be choice 1 , 2 and 3 ..... I'm talking last resort
For the record, and to clarify, I've essentially had no actual communication with her for over five years now.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
if your relationship was toxic as you said she should have been happy to be out of it. 7-8 years is too long of time for a failed relationship that never really worked in the first place to bother someone unless more happened than you've shared. the way you paint her as crazy and that your long term friends had to ask you about her claims makes me think you might have gotten in the shower.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Definitely let your GF know regardless of how she may take it. You allow someone to paint you in a different way if they tell her first.

If you never had no contact with her in forever, there's not much else you can do but keep it that way. Maybe formally inform her to stop slandering your name or you will take her to court (assuming libel laws exist where you are).

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Good thing you aren't famous.

Honestly though, my brother went through something similar. Like others have said just do your best to avoid her and don't instigate anything.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
IANAL but wouldn't it be wise to see a lawyer just so that they can advise you on what to do and what not to do? I would probably do that first if it was me. That's some serious, fuck-your-life-up accusations.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
In any situation, don't ever apologize for something you didn't do, especially just to appease someone who's in the wrong, because they win then (and it could be looked at like your admitting it's true).

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a 6 month relationship in which I was emotionally and sexually abused. Nearly a year after I stopped allowing her to contact me I received an email from her in the same exact tone she always used to gaslight me, doing the same sort of thing you described. Saying she was never into me at all, reminding me of all my failings, blaming me for all her problems and claiming I wouldn't leave her alone even though I'm the one who had to block her on everything to escape her abuse.

Turns out she had gotten herself into another situation where she was lying and manipulating a friend of a friend of mine, and after being confronted with the knowledge that she had been abusive toward me by this friend of a friend, was trying to rewrite the narrative to discredit me and in turn discredit her new enemies.

People like this are incredibly dangerous and do not feel guilty for the harm they cause to others. Get as far away as you can.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
User banned (1 week): trolling, history of similar infractions
So OP is a male, and a woman is accusing him of bad things, and most in the topic are taking his side?

Does not compute.

Oct 25, 2017
So OP is a male, and a woman is accusing him of bad things, and most in the topic are taking his side?

Does not compute.
It's so funny how hard people try to discredit valid things like metoo by making shitass posts like this. Did you even read the OP and compute the ridiculous nature of the accusations? Nothing about this story makes it appear to be anything like the types of situations you're referring to.

Just went through this dude's post history, and beyond being banned for sexism recently, he constantly does dismissive drive-by posts about all kinds of social issues. Not surprised.

Last edited:

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017

Does not compute.

Try actually engaging your brain and it might compute.

On topic sorry to hear that OP. It sounds stressful as fuck. No contact (which it sounds like has been the case anyway) and defo tell your GF.

Leland Palmer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Does not compute.
24703.jpg

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I worry about this with two of my exes. One in particular did not handle me breaking up with her well. She spiralled for a few months trying to find ways to hurt me. At one point she slept with one if my friends to try and hurt me and when I reacted with apathy rather than anger it set her off even more. She started trying to set me up in situations to embarrass me. I had to cut her out completely and she responded by attempting to force her way into a relatives wedding party. She was so determined to hurt me in some way that despite it being almost a decade since we dated I still worry about her trying to fuck my life over.

I realize I made this post all about me like the selfish fuck I am so my bad. Basically I feel for you and wish you the best.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I once had an ex that didn't handle the breakup well. She called me daily, showed up at my house unannounced, pretty much stalked me for months.

Better yet, she accused me of being the one doing these things and convinced one of her male friends to threaten me with violence if I didn't stop.

People are crazy. I feel lucky it was before the recent climate set in or it'd probably be something like this.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Keep your distance from her. Make sure that anyone who asks knows that she's a liar and that it's not true. Keep calm and act truthfully.

I understand though I never had anyone spread anything like that about me but it can be pretty bad thinking she might be telling others bad stuff about you.

Does not compute.

Cus the only person who let's political motivations and bias affect their decisions here is you and your drive by post.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dear god do not write a fucking letter apologizing to her.

Don't contact her, keep avoiding her. If you really want to, get a free consultation from a lawyer about slander and/or restraining orders considering this is pretty much defamation.

Maybe formally inform her to stop slandering your name or you will take her to court (assuming libel laws exist where you are).

IzzyRX