• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I've been looking into getting a headset that works with both my PS4 and my Switch. What directions should I go in? Wired? Wireless? Connect it to my TV directly? What do you guys use?

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
HyperX Cloud II (wired) for your Switch. Or the PlayStation Gold Headset for both.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Quick question, does the PS4 have a headphone jack? I don't own the console, so I have zero clue on what a PS4 looks like in the back / on the sides. If possible, pictures would be great!

But I guess I can see that, if the PS4 is stationary on the shelf of the TV dashboard, then it wouldn't have headphone jacks, but will have audio out jacks for the TV or for speakers. I was thinking of an extension cord for headphone jacks, that can be wired from the PS4 to somewhere where you have quick access to it when sitting on a couch.

Otherwise, it's really hard to imagine a common headset solution for both PS4 and for the Switch that's wired.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The dualshock 4 has a headphone jack.

I personally use an astro mix amp and run a line from the switch so I can use discord to chat.

Nov 30, 2017
Quick question, does the PS4 have a headphone jack? I don't own the console, so I have zero clue on what a PS4 looks like in the back / on the sides. If possible, pictures would be great!

But I guess I can see that, if the PS4 is stationary on the shelf of the TV dashboard, then it wouldn't have headphone jacks, but will have audio out jacks for the TV or for speakers. I was thinking of an extension cord for headphone jacks, that can be wired from the PS4 to somewhere where you have quick access to it when sitting on a couch.

Otherwise, it's really hard to imagine a common headset solution for both PS4 and for the Switch that's wired.

There is a 3.5mm headphone jack in the controllers..

I used it a lot before I got my golds.

Oct 27, 2017
V-moda Crossfade Wireless on sale for 99 right now at Amazon. Combine it with a Boompro mic and it shits all over "gaming headsets". Essentially any real pair of headphones that has detachable cables will work with the Boompro and will sound much better than dedicated headsets.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I've been looking into getting a headset that works with both my PS4 and my Switch. What directions should I go in? Wired? Wireless? Connect it to my TV directly? What do you guys use?

If you want a cheap and good headset, Hyper X Stinger more than gets the job done. it is only 50$. the sound is clear and the build quality is surprisingly more than good for the price (it won't break easily). it is also loud enough on both systems. it is really good and will serve you more than you think it will.

If you want something with better sound to listen to some music too, and a detachable mic and you have no problem to pay more... get the Cloud Alpha which is 100$ (right now 85$ on Amazon). Sound is more balanced and natural than the Stinger, and build quality is great.

I didn't try the Gold headset but I've read before that they don't last for long and the bass is weak which may not satisfy you, especially if you like shooters.

For 100$ and under Hyper X is amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
the USB does not work on the dock. you lie. It only works when you connect the headphones using the 3.5mm jack that comes with the gold headphones.

What the hell is up with you calling someone a liar? Especially when you're totally wrong. That doesn't in fact mean you're lying, you just might not have a clue what you're talking about.

OP
OP
golguin

golguin

Oct 29, 2017

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just to toss out another option SteelSeries just announced this headset that can be wireless for Switch even in handheld and is only $100

steelseries.com

Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset

The Arctis 1 Wireless is an all-platform gaming headset that doubles as your on-the-go headphones, so you can enjoy the award-winning wireless performance of Arctis anywhere.

Last edited:

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Yea, I use my Platinum headset when docked, and just use earbuds when in handheld mode. So confirming that golds/platinum headsets work in the dock.

SappYoda

Oct 25, 2017
I also use the PlayStation Platinum headset and it works really well :)

You can use the USB dongle with the dock for wireless. In portable you can use them with the 3.5 mm Jack.

OP
OP
golguin

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I also use the PlayStation Platinum headset and it works really well :)

You can use the USB dongle with the dock for wireless. In portable you can use them with the 3.5 mm Jack.

Does it still play in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound on the Switch? Does the audio come in stereo on the Switch and lose the surround sound?

OP
OP
golguin

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
just to toss out another option SteelSeries just announced this headset that can be wireless for Switch even in handheld and is only $100

steelseries.com

Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset

The Arctis 1 Wireless is an all-platform gaming headset that doubles as your on-the-go headphones, so you can enjoy the award-winning wireless performance of Arctis anywhere.

Is that model only stereo sound? Does it do 5.1 surround sound?