• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm currently reading:

41jtrAtXcFL.jpg

I have to say this stuff is absolutely fascinating to me. Some of these accounts are strange and defy what we really know. For instance, a girl was born blind; later in life she had a NDE from a car accident. During the NDE she had an out of body experience and was able to see and recount her experience accurately and in vivid detail. How could someone who has been blind since birth able to do this? Also, it's possible to experience a NDE without dying through meditation for example. It seems like consciousness is something we really don't understand or grasp yet.

Has anyone here ever experienced a NDE? Or anyone that has more insight on this subject?

Last edited:

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I've always been fascinated by this stuff as well. Most of the people that have experienced an NDE have described things with nearly 100% accuracy. How can people say this stuff is faked is beyond me at times.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Well, I very nearly drowned to death way back then, and I remember fuck all about it :lol

I fell into the river, and next thing I knew I was being dragged out of it by the guy who jumped in to rescue me. No visions or anything from me.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
I've come close to dying in accidents quite a few times, but never actually any "NDEs" I guess. Here's a few instances that could have gone much worse:

My 98 Mustang GT had just gotten out of the shop after a friend had messed up the rear end of it. I was going down a straight road with one of those "No stop for right turns" parts and went to turn... and my breaks went out. I slid sideways across a field and right into a billboard pole. My windows were rolled down and it was like slow motion as my driver side mirror flew past my face just barely not touching my nose and landing on the floor on the passenger side.

I happened to hit it at just the right spot on the frame of the car and if it had been a few inches more either way I'd have wrapped the car around it and I'd have just been immediately killed. The mirror also could have caused severe head trauma or worse.

I've also taken some falls at the beach and hit my head on some very sharp rocks and that was a hospital trip that could have gone very differently.

And when I was 2 years old my mom left the kitchen sink water running all the way hot and a chair up by it. I crawled up there and got my head stuck under the faucet and basically burned my face off. It was bad. Possibly the closest to one there, but I can't remember anything. I still have the Seahawks Doll that my mom got me during that.

And there's some others, and I've come real close, but I don't think you could consider them NDEs. I've been through windshields and I've almost died of alcohol poisoning, but.. yeah I dunno.

OP
OP
Forerunner

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't believe there is anything supernatural. If it was proof of an afterlife everyone would experience it (only 9% had NDE in a study) and everyone's account would be similar, but people's NDE vary. However, science hasn't been able to fully unravel NDE. It just goes to show you there is a lot we don't know about the human brain, so that's why I find it interesting. Something is happening, we just don't really know what and why.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
From the topic title I thought you were going to give a recent account of your near death experience and I found it funny that you chose to show us the abbreviation of the term in parenthesis for some reason lol.

But yeah I'm super interested by this stuff. I'm also super wary of basically any acocunt like this I read being totally genuine, and the ones that are could just be a result of the hormones making you hallucinate or whatever. I do believe that humans don't know as much as some think they know about the "soul" and existential things like that.

Oct 27, 2017
i've been the passenger in a couple car accidents.

long story short : my dad was driving both times, neither were his fault. we were cut off at an intersection by some idiot driver, they crashed into us, then another car crashed behind - sandwiched our car, basically. The idiot driver broke his nose on his steering wheel, and my dad got some broken glass cuts, needed stitches.

the other time was a weather incident. it was pouring rain, we were driving down a narrow road with steep ditches on right side. we turned at one spot and our tire got stuck in some mud. in an instant, our car slide into the ditch and a big tree branch broke the windshield. we were on our side, and it could have been way worse if the tree branch was bigger - it would have impaled my father.

i'm very lucky to be alive and uninjured from both of them

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been curious about NDE's because if the self doesn't exist, what is this experiencer having an experience? Is it the brain and it's DMN producing an experience via trauma? If people feel "one with the universe" is it the negation of all self-conceptualization processes in the brain?