• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful. If organizations like this are going to have ridiculous power, the least they can do is use it for good.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to see these big sports orgs like the NCAA and MLB throwing their weight around for good causes.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
The most this would affect Arkansas is likely not being able to host baseball regionals. That's probably not enough to make a difference.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first good thing the NCAA has done but still, this is great to see and even if this doesn't fix Arkansas, hopefully it can be a deterrent that keeps Georgia, Alabama, etc from passing similar restrictions.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Your move usa cycling.

A lot but the big one right now is Arkansas
Again, Arkansas likely doesn't care enough because this won't affect football or basketball for them. They'll be pissed at baseball, but them losing homefield advantage for the first few rounds isn't a huge deal.

Edit:
There's a lot of anti trans sports bills in the air right now. It's a far bigger statement then you're giving it credit for
I'm not saying the statement is meaningless. I'm saying that it won't affect Arkansas much.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"I can't believe that the NCAA is out here using cancel culture against state's rights!" - Some bigot, probably.... definitely.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I'm very pleasantly surprised

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is this more like march madness and like events or does it affect football, basketball games

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How does it impact football? That is the big game changer. there are no NCAA championships for Division one, that falls outside of NCAA?

For the major college football landscape, it doesn't. All the major conferences have their own championship games and the Playoff is a private organization.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
For the major college football landscape, it doesn't. All the major conferences have their own championship games and the Playoff is a private organization.
That's the kicker. Most states that would pass something like this care about football FAR more than anything else. This would affect Georgia, but I don't think there is any pending anti-trans legislation there and they already have their fair share of business loss due to their voting laws.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The most this would affect Arkansas is likely not being able to host baseball regionals. That's probably not enough to make a difference.

It sends a message and will hopefully influence policy in states that haven't passed such bills yet but have been thinking about it. You can't make conservatives do the right thing out of the kindness of their hearts, but you can make them do the right thing if you make it hurt their wallets.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the kicker. Most states that would pass something like this care about football FAR more than anything else. This would affect Georgia, but I don't think there is any pending anti-trans legislation there and they already have their fair share of business loss due to their voting laws.

I don't think this would affect Georgia for FBS football, the bowls aren't NCAA events. Would matter for the basketball tournament though.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is beautiful to see. Good on them and a strong move to make.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Considering how high they are ranked, this would be a big deal though.
I'm from Arkansas and I know, but there's been many times where they didn't get the regional but still got through. This will cause some people to be frustrated but I just don't see it being enough to get them to change course. I'd love to be wrong, but I think you'd only see something if it kept them from postseason play and even then it may not be enough.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
This is an important warning shot for any other states that might be considering that have more significant NCAA tournaments

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Citing athletics to argue against trans rights is such fearmongering BS and I hope more sports orgs join the NCAA to show that they aren't buying it

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
what is the definition of "events" here? March Madness, Bowl games, and other end of season tourneys?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Shocking to see NCAA do something good

Yup. They are trying to get easy brownie points for their other fuckboy shit and fuck it, ill take it.

This whole issue is ghoulish right wing propaganda for attention. Since there isn't legal hard written laws yet of protection the only recourse is to make it a political hinderance to play up bigotry for votes...let them cry cancel culture for some other made up bullshit as opposed to ruining kids lives to own the libs.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern Trolling; Account in Junior Phase
I have a lot of questions about this, as I'm not well informed about this topic.
But first off, I think this is really good news and a very important step into the right direction. Fuck everyone that prohibits other people to participate in some kind of sport. People have it hard enough to come out.

My questions are:

Where does trans athleticism (not even sure about the term, I'm sorry) stand right now in general?
In sports, are trans athletes better than other athletes (regarding the gender they converted to)?
Some people have been speculating that this might the case (at least from some media I read a long time ago, but there was no scientific research behind it that gave some truth to the claim).
And if (if those athletes perform better by an overwhelming amount), is there at least an approach in existence to make it possible that trans athletes have the possibility to perform in their own groups against other trans athletes?
And if it's the primary approach right now, let me tell you - I have nothing against the idea to watch trans athletes give their all against another group of trans athletes for example. I'll make the popcorn ready in a minute!

I'm really sorry if something sounds off. In my country, trans athleticism isn't really a big thing. I don't even know about one athlete in my country that is trans actually. I want to dig into this and be more informed about it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have a list of potential states impacted by this?
I saw on one of my feeds there are some state legislators trying to pass one of these bills here in Florida.
if they can use this as a threat with orange bowl, plus the combo as a national championship site in football, it may kill some of these laws