• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Well if it bothers you that much resign then asshole
Frustrated by weeks of protests, a North Carolina lawmaker has lashed out at what he calls "gutless wonders in public office who are bowing down to Black Lives Matter."

Republican Rep. Larry Pittman of Cabarrus County called protesters "ignorant thugs," "criminals," "domestic terrorists" and "vermin." If they resist and attack police, he said they should "shoot them."

"This is war," he wrote on Facebook Monday. "Our people have a right to expect our leaders to be on our side, not surrender to the lawless, godless mob."

Pittman, 65, is running for his fifth term. He faces Democrat Gail Young in November.

His Facebook post came in response to the protests for racial justice that have swept the country following the police killing of George Floyd of Minneapolis.

"These vermin don't care about George Floyd or any other individual, except maybe their financial sponsor, George Soros," Pittman wrote. "They are bent on destroying our country and our way of life, and they will use any tragedy, any slogan, any excuse to convince clueless people that their radical injustice is justice."

Too much of coward to do an interview

Pittman, a pastor, declined to comment Tuesday.

"Sorry, I don't do interviews," he said in an email.

On Facebook, he said if he were in charge he would order police to take back their cities, arrest "these domestic terrorists," and "If they resist and attack you, shoot them."

"Law and order must be restored," he wrote. "Innocent citizens have a right to expect elected officials and law enforcement officers to protect them and their property. They also have a right to defend themselves with deadly force if they are able."

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Notice he is a pastor and not surprised.

America has such a weird combination of religion, nationalism and greed.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Bent on destroying our country and our way of life" aka living good while trying to subtly (and failing at the subtlety) oppress people of color.

Yeah the Constitution calls for the destruction of your way of life, my dude, and has for the entirety of your life.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck happened to "thou shalt not kill"? I'm supposed to beleive this dude knows the path to Jesus ? Maybe Satan, but def not Jesus.
How many guns does Jesus own?

Two

main-qimg-d047c93b7514b0ca84c93ec29d307ad3.webp

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
It's incredible how absolutely stupid so many people in older generations are.

I'm not young (approaching 40), but the sheer gap in logic/common sense between even someone my age, and the majority of the people (here in the South) that are over the age of 50 seems to be absolutely enormous.

Like every single grandparent in my family, my friends families, associates of mine, across social media...a super high percentage of them are a complete loss with the memes and false information (and racism).

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
As a reminder: this is the goon who compared Lincoln to Hitler.

"It was only a matter of numbers," Pittman wrote on Facebook, responding to another Facebook user. "Lincoln was responsible for the unnecessary deaths of 800,000 Americans. Hitler was responsible for millions more. Both unjustly invaded and subjugated sovereign nations."

That April, a different Facebook user suggested that lawmakers should "get over" the Supreme Court ruling allowing gay marriage. Pittman responded: "And if Hitler had won, should the world just get over it? Lincoln was the same sort (of) tyrant, and personally responsible for the deaths of over 800,000 Americans in a war that was unnecessary and unconstitutional."

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... He's a pastor? But is advocating to shoot people? That seems like the opposite of what Jesus taught. So that would make him a fraud. Commiting fraud is a crime. Criminals are vermin. He is the very thing he is fighting against.
They also have a right to defend themselves with deadly force if they are able."
This isn't something a Pastor would say, again, something the opposite of the religion he claims to be part of.

You know what, I'm starting to see a pattern. For being the party of Christians, the Republican party sure seems to support the opposite of everything Christians claim to believe in. I feel like Jesus said stuff like love your neighbor, and turn the other cheek. I don't remember anything in the Bible saying hate "thugs", or to defend your property, But what do I know. Christians owned slaves, and if they can do that they can rationalize anything into being the "right thing".

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
from this guys election website, i shit you not

To regain the former greatness of our society, we must do all we can to encourage and strengthen the institution of the family, BECAUSE THE PEOPE MATTER.

PEOPE

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else, he's right about it being a war. It shouldn't be though. We shouldn't be having to march for this shit, yet here we are.

Regardless, Republicans stay being trash.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Soros, ANTIFA, Mexican caravans, Obama, Hillary, Bill Gates, 5G. Boogeymen of the Week.

But remember, the media tries to scare people and cause fake fear by *checks notes* talking about a disease that has killed millions worldwide.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
So a Pastor thinks it's okay to shoot people if they don't comply?

... that's on brand for American Christians.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
google this guy

you'll find even more fun headlines

NC, what the fuck is you doing

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
What a racist nut job. How is someone like that who said those comments publicly still in office?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Rants about "terrorists" when they describe people who disagree with their views, claims to be Christian and is a pastor no less, has the bloodlust of a 90's film villain.

Yep, that's a republican party elected official all right.

Get this wanker out of office.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ah yes, my financial sponsor, george soros

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Cabarrus County, that sounds about right. It's north of Charlotte and where the Charlotte Motor Speedway resides.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Are riots even happening? I thought those died down. Fuck this pos.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The instant he brought up Soros I knew this asshole had no credibility whatsoever.

So... He does know that the Confederacy 1) was arguably quite illegal and 2) fired the first shots of the Civil War, right? Lincoln was merely putting down an unjust insurrection based entirely around the notion that the southern states wanted to continue the enslavement of human beings.