• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, sure. It just took one smear to disarm John Kerry, though. I hope Warren will be able to escape her smear.
I mean every candidate is going to experience being smeared. I was only responding to the other poster's suggestion that an electorate who "rejected" Clinton wouldn't vote for Warren.

Warren seems to have gotten out ahead of the goofy Pocahontas shit fairly well and she's more of a fighter than Kerry and seems to be running a better, more engaged campaign than Clinton did in part because she's a superior politician.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie kneeling to give his support to Warren to overcome Biden and it still not being enough is going to be really hard to watch

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warren will lose primaries narrowly due to lack of Black support and pulled back by Bernie's refusal to drop out. Biden will choose a middle of the road Vice President. Enthusiasm will be shit again as media goes in circles around Biden. Repeat 2016, Trump wins electoral college.

Michigan will flip back to Democrats. Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania will stick to Trump.
Why are so many leftists sad sack defeatists? Get out there and support somebody instead of trying to bring about some self fulfilling prophecy.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Warren will lose primaries narrowly due to lack of Black support and pulled back by Bernie's refusal to drop out. Biden will choose a middle of the road Vice President. Enthusiasm will be shit again as media goes in circles around Biden. Repeat 2016, Trump wins electoral college.

Michigan will flip back to Democrats. Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania will stick to Trump.
I highly doubt Wisconsin goes Trump. They just elected a Dem governor and booted out Scott Walker.

Warren / Pete is the dream ticket for me. Happy to see Biden losing some steam.

I love a hot cup of November Nihilism

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
smartselectimage_2019f7ktj.png

Hm.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt Wisconsin goes Trump. They just elected a Dem governor and booted out Scott Walker.

Warren / Pete is the dream ticket for me. Happy to see Biden losing some steam.
I agree with you, especially given Trump's 2016 margins in Wisconsin, but I would point out that we had a pretty brutal Supreme Court seat lost this year after a fantastic 2018 across elections, so nothing's a sure thing.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I fail to see how anything that quoted poster said has ANYTHING to do with being defeatist or not helping out.
The poster in question gave five extremely specific predictions based on spurious and/or non-existent evidence. It's bullshit and the most literally defeatist nonsense possible. When you proclaim future outcomes as fact, you're inherently implying nothing can change it.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
It needs to be Warren. Biden will lose to trump and I would bet my life on it. Republican voters turn out no matter what. While democrats have a large percentage of voters who only turn out if the planets are aligned and the moon is full. They won't show up for a man who clearly has dementia while centrists are whispering "both sides" in their ears.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives are racist and simple enough that they wouldnt be able to help themselves and would focus on the "Pocahontas" low hanging fruit to their detriment with whatever moderates exist in 2020. Not bad at all as far as liabilities go. I also feel like by the time we get to the debates in the general, the near universal sentiment of wanting to move on from 2016 will be highlighted even more by seeing Liz and Trump side by side.

Assuming Uncle Joe doesn't confusingly meander across the finish line in the primaries, that is.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It needs to be Warren. Biden will lose to trump and I would bet my life on it. Republican voters turn out no matter what. While democrats have a large percentage of voters who only turn out if the planets are aligned and the moon is full. They won't show up for a man who clearly has dementia while centrists are whispering "both sides" in their ears.

None of this is correct. Did some of you just wake up after burying your heads in the sand November 2016?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The poster in question gave five extremely specific predictions based on spurious and/or non-existent evidence. It's bullshit and the most literally defeatist nonsense possible. When you proclaim future outcomes as fact, you're inherently implying nothing can change it.

What? It read like defeatist fan fiction.
Fuck that. Seriously fuck that. Someone is allowed to have a cynical view of whats to come while also still doing their best to prevent that from happening. What a bunch of bullshit.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
So where are the Harris supporters shifting to? I feel like she's somewhat more moderate compared to Bernie/Warren so they'll go to Biden.

I also wonder if Warren adopting policies for climate have get a boost.

Harris supporters based on online experiences do not like Biden. They've been going to Warren.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that. Seriously fuck that. Someone is allowed to have a cynical view of whats to come while also still doing their best to prevent that from happening. What a bunch of bullshit.

But it's baseless nonsense. Why should we welcome completely unsupported flailing instead of correcting it?

2018 had excitement because most of our candidates weren't Joe Biden like.

Huh? There were plenty of moderate democrats running and winning in moderate districts.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
aome guy on her said I was wrong about biden nit crashing and burning yet.

told ya.

I like Warren

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But it's baseless nonsense. Why should we welcome completely unsupported flailing instead of correcting it?
Every predication is essentially baseless nonsense at this point. Telling someone theyre not helping when you have no idea how theyre voting, how theyre involved with activism, etc because they dont think things will go well next year is a bullshit position regardless of how accurate their prediction is.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every predication is essentially baseless nonsense at this point. Telling someone theyre not helping when you have no idea how theyre voting, how theyre involved with activism, etc because they dont think things will go well next year is a bullshit position regardless of how accurate their prediction is.

No, just assuming the worst because you don't like who's leading the polling currently without making any attempt whatsoever to support it with any data is nonsense. We have information. These people aren't using any of it because they aren't attempting to reason anything. It's bad and it should be confronted.

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I still hold the same belief I did months ago. I (unfortunately) don't see Trump losing to any of these names.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, just assuming the worst because you don't like who's leading the polling currently without making any attempt whatsoever to support it with any data is nonsense. We have information. These people aren't using any of it because they aren't attempting to reason anything. It's bad and it should be confronted.
Gee this sounds familiar where have we heard this argument before.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That'll happen with any of the top 3 tbh.

The positive is that it'll create more left leaning folk as the country endures another 4 years of 45.

I still hold the same belief I did months ago. I (unfortunately) don't see Trump losing to any of these names.

Lol, based on what? Your feels are not data. To say Trump gets an easy victory is absolutely contradicted by every piece of data we have.

Oct 27, 2017
That'll happen with any of the top 3 tbh.

The positive is that it'll create more left leaning folk as the country endures another 4 years of 45.
Trump barely beat Hillary who was one of the most unlikable candidates ever thanks the the electoral college. If people get out and actually vote this time, I don't see any way he beats Warren or Biden in a general election. Joe is too strong in the Rust Belt for Trump to win those states where his rating is underwater and Warren will run circles around him in a general election landscape.

You need to escape the Era bubble.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
What is this lmao

Dude clearly pulled some doom and gloom out of no where and then you skid in with this tantrum? Would you prefer we all say whatever emotional response comes to mind first without any sort of response allowed? Maybe a YouTube comment section would be more your speed.