• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are non college educated white men a lost cause?

We need to put this in context. Seems like hes lost votes all around.

vYOiPgl.jpg

While this bodes well for democrats, they need to elect someone who is perfect for white people. looks to me that white men and women need to be coddled and that means ignoring minorities. It seems these people get triggered whenever dems focus on BLM, LGBT rights, Asylum seekers and of course giving a path to citizenship for hispanic immigrants. i would be fine if they dont waste time courting me and other minorities. just go and get the big fish. forget everyone else. i mean what are we going to do? Vote republican or sit home and watch these assholes elect another white supremacist racist asshole? pretty sure some of us did that last election and i doubt we will make the same mistake again.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Is this better:

Non-college white dudes are overwhelmingly okay with racist trash in the WH as long as they're fucking the people they don't like, because they're also shitty people.

#notalluneducatedwhitemen
I just find the hypocricy really odd. If i said "black men were never worth the effort" i would be perma banned

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine a lot of other colored people look at white people and think much of anything good.
Cant tell if you're trolling🤔
Maybe coloured people can back me up but I personally experienced this. They hate the racism, but know that not everyone is the same.

I can imagine this being very different 50+ years ago.
Everyone ain't the same no, but everyone benefits from white supremacy and the overwhelming majority won't speak out against it or their racist families. If you're truly for equality sure, I fuck with you. But there's a lot of fake "allies".

Also, 50 years ago ain't that long ago as we see.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if these trends continue
Like Dems being on top with White College men is actually a significant piece of news
Right...while these Trump support numbers are obviously way too high they point directly at him having lost a significant chunk of the support he had in the last election when he only won by a razor thin margin.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the major reason for the split between educated/non-educated? Is it mainly the exposure to other ideas and perspectives that comes from attending higher education?

I'd imagine many non-college educated white males come from poorer areas of the country. At least in the south, most of these areas are staunchly conservative/republican for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's about getting exposed to different perspectives at college itself, but being able to move away from these areas period. If you get a degree and want a good job you're probably going to have to move to a city somewhere. The alternative is usually to stay stuck that bubble forever. It's brain drain, essentially.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Dems need to be pushing accessibility to education hard. No wonder Trump and the GOP want to keep people out of college, its a haemorrhage of their base.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the major reason for the split between educated/non-educated? Is it mainly the exposure to other ideas and perspectives that comes from attending higher education?
America is segregated as fuck. College exposes folks to different ideas and people. If you stay in your nearly all-white hometown bubble, whether it's a conservative or liberal white bubble, you're going to have messed up feelings and views about the other races, especially Black people.

On two occasions I've seen people post they've never met a Black person until they went to college, so far the first 17 years what do you think they are absorbing about Black people if all they had were their nearly all-white community and the racist white owned media telling them what Black people are?

I have a white bubbled friend that is now married to a Muslim. She was both attracted to her wife when they met but concerned and terrified when she learned she was Muslim. Being so sheltered is so bizarre to me but that's what a lot of America is. Segregation continues to fuck the populace over.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
As terrible as these numbers look for Trump, that 40% that is his hardcore base is still embarrassingly high. A giant stain on our country that so many people are that deplorable.

Deleted member 57378

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Repeated inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding racism, community generalizations, previous related infraction
I have never and barring some massive unforeseen shift in the political landscape will never vote Republican.
Nah bro you didnt get a usless degree and crippling debt. Youre a stupid racist according to most of the post here.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We all know the college people are just better at lying who they are voting for.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
What does this mean in the context of the electoral college?

Roy Moore lost in Alabama of all places because White women were ever so slightly more appalled by his predatory grossness (he only won 52% of college-educated white women), so there is potential it could improve the margins where Dems might otherwise falter.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
America is segregated as fuck. College exposes folks to different ideas and people. If you stay in your nearly all-white hometown bubble, whether it's a conservative or liberal white bubble, you're going to have messed up feelings and views about the other races, especially Black people.

On two occasions I've seen people post they've never met a Black person until they went to college, so far the first 17 years what do you think they are absorbing about Black people if all they had were their nearly all-white community and the racist white owned media telling them what Black people are?

I have a white bubbled friend that is now married to a Muslim. She was both attracted to her wife when they met but concerned and terrified when she learned she was Muslim. Being so sheltered is so bizarre to me but that's what a lot of America is. Segregation continues to fuck the populace over.
I often thought about about what it would be able to opt out of knowing about the culture or society. Like is there anywhere in america a PoC can go without having to interact with a white person?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I just find the hypocricy really odd. If i said "black men were never worth the effort" i would be perma banned

To target during an election? If I said black men weren't worth the effort from a republican perspective, yeah, it's not wrong. They're not winning them (obviously). And Dems aren't winning the non-col white vote no matter what.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't just a US thing either- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0176268018301320

Previous analyses of the 2016 Brexit referendum used region-level data or small samples based on polling data. The former might be subject to ecological fallacy and the latter might suffer from small-sample bias. We use individual-level data on thousands of respondents in Understanding Society, the UK's largest household survey, which includes the EU referendum question. We find that voting Leave is associated with older age, white ethnicity, low educational attainment, infrequent use of smartphones and the internet, receiving benefits, adverse health and low life satisfaction. These results coincide with corresponding patterns at the aggregate level of voting areas. We therefore do not find evidence of ecological fallacy. In addition, we show that prediction accuracy is geographically heterogeneous across UK regions, with strongly pro-Leave and strongly pro-Remain areas easier to predict. We also show that among individuals with similar socio-economic characteristics, Labour supporters are more likely to support Remain while Conservative supporters are more likely to support Leave.

The study also found that Leave voters were, on average, less good at handling numerical information. Male Leavers were more likely to over-estimate their own competence at a task.

Remainers were more subject to negative emotions, and more likely to think things through rather than using fast, emotional judgement.

Younger voters regardless of voting intention were more numerate and less subject to bias than older ones. "There is talk of lowering the voting age," says Sumner, "but there may also be an argument for a cut-off point for older voters."
-
I'd imagine many non-college educated white males come from poorer areas of the country. At least in the south, most of these areas are staunchly conservative/republican for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's about getting exposed to different perspectives at college itself, but being able to move away from these areas period. If you get a degree and want a good job you're probably going to to have to move to a city somewhere. The alternative is usually to stay stuck that bubble forever. It's brain drain, essentially.
No, this is not because they're poor. Fuck that "economic anxiety" bullshit.

It's a combination of socialization issues (people who go to college will be exposed to more people who aren't like themselves) and issues with people having an inability to see through Fox News style bullshit. Going to college doesn't make you magically able to do that (Trump, Carter Page, those stats not being inverses of the non-college, etc. are perfect examples) but the selection of who gets into college isn't random, and the filters there make it more likely that a college grad has that ability to ignore Fox's bullshit.
They don't but people still believe in the myth of the "shy Trump voter"
Yeah, the Shy Trump voter was created by pollsters not controlling for education.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
WTF is this shit post?
white people who think they should performatively self-flagellate so others know they're one of the good ones
the general trend on that graph excelsiorlef posted on page 1 shows white college graduates favouring republicans in fewer numbers as time passes, if this poll is anything to go by then it's not good for Trump. Whether you should put much faith in polls after the 2016 debacle though is another thing.

Jun 13, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account.
The blatant racism on this site is disgusting. You think you beat fascism and racism by being as racist as him? America deserves Trump.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody has mentioned yet but older people are less likely to have a college degree compared to younger people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_attainment_in_the_United_States

In addition, 27 percent of the population aged 65 and older reported a bachelor's degree or more education compared to 36 percent of adults 25 to 34 years old and 32 percent of adults aged 45 to 64 years.[4]

Also geographically, people are more educated in blue states and major cities:

US_bachelor%27s_degree_by_county_in_the_United_States.png

So it would stand to reason that if you are old, white, uneducated, and rural, you're going to be a Trump supporter to the surprise of no one.

I'd love to see the statistics in the OP broken down by age group because I'd wager that despite whatever latest alt-right internet movement, that young and uneducated whites are going to break more left than people that are 65+.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
white people who think they should performatively self-flagellate so others know they're one of the good ones
the general trend on that graph excelsiorlef posted on page 1 shows white college graduates favouring republicans in fewer numbers as time passes, if this poll is anything to go by then it's not good for Trump. Whether you should put much faith in polls after the 2016 debacle though is another thing.

Polls were right in 2016 and absolutely nailed 2018.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
do we have numbers for dubya and bush 41 during their 3rd years? H.W. had a murky Gulf War Legacy, hardliners coming at him from the right and Perot siphoning off some of his base, and lost. Dubya had a solidified base and a still relatively warm glow post 9/11 and won. I just wonder how they polled in these same demographic bins.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Do you think Dems will figure out that popular vote percentages don't really matter this year finally?
...?

me either.