• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
How does Iran's military compare to Iraq's in 2003? The initial conflict was over fairly quickly ("Mission Accomplished"), but the occupation... Can we please stop this obvious sabre rattling before we send another generation into an endless conflict?

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
How does Iran's military compare to Iraq's in 2003? The initial conflict was over fairly quickly ("Mission Accomplished"), but the occupation... Can we please stop this obvious sabre rattling before we send another generation into an endless conflict?

I dont have the statistics in front of me. I do have a good friend thats in the Navy that used to work in the Pentagon that told me several years ago that every war game scenario with Iran had them sinking an aircraft carrier. And then the leader of the war game contemplating nukes as the US public finds out 1000s of sailors died immediately.

My understanding is their navy is made up of hundreds or thousands of speed boats each armed with Russian missles and torpedoes. Our fleets might be able to stop 99 out of 100 of these, but one would get through and hit the carrier.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not religious, but sometimes I wish an actual hell exited for people like Trump where they can be tormented for an eternity.
What kind of a monster gets millions of people killed just so he can maybe stay in power for a few more years.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
true but many people that are against the war in general might oppose to end the war in defeat
It's better to admit defeat in an unjust war so you can stop throwing thousands of Americans into the meatgrinder than keep fighting that unjust war, which by the way will only result in the entire Middle East being thrown into a chaos which makes everything from the past decade and a half look insignificant.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
I mean if Iraq didn't commit 9/11 and it passed legal muster, than so will Iran.

Hopefully this is all just hot air though

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's better to admit defeat in an unjust war so you can stop throwing thousands of Americans into the meatgrinder than keep fighting that unjust war, which by the way will only result in the entire Middle East being thrown into a chaos which makes everything from the past decade and a half look insignificant.
ah the bellum iustum... my question to you. does that even exist? or is there any side that would not declare its own war as just?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Well, Western imperialism has done a lot to radicalise Iran already. Might as well go all the way and create a group even worse than ISIS.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I mean if Iraq didn't commit 9/11 and it passed legal muster, than so will Iran.

Hopefully this is all just hot air though
Yeah but it could be easily swooped as Iraq. Now they have nothing. Even Trump is using his old line he used for North Korea again "If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again! ".
I think he is trying to get out of the situation without losing face.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
It would very quickly turn into a regional conflict and proxy war. I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could be dumb enough to do it but hey, if Russia need to involve themselves to temper things I'm all for that.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Why does everything assume any action would be taken unilaterally by the US? I imagine Saudi Arabia and Israel would be chomping at the bit to join in too

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Worse then ISIS. How is that possible?
ISIS was mainly active in Syria and Iraq with some smaller offshoots in other countries, but never really anything which really threatened those countries' governments. You put the entire Middle East on fire, you're gonna have ISIS 2.0 in terms of numbers, and the ongoing US warmongering will for sure increase public support in those countries.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The fuck is this "winning" bullshit?

We violated a multilateral diplomatic agreement that eased tensions, prevented nuclear proliferation, improved economic relations, and did this all peacefully.

You think going to war will mean we "win?" Does life and happiness mean nothing to you?

Edit: I'm sorry, I misunderstood. <3

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
The fuck is this "winning" bullshit?

We violated a multilateral diplomatic agreement that eased tensions, prevented nuclear proliferation, improved economic relations, and did this all peacefully.

You think going to war will mean we "win?" Does life and happiness mean nothing to you?
....they came up with something worse than isis

Oct 25, 2017
How does Iran's military compare to Iraq's in 2003? The initial conflict was over fairly quickly ("Mission Accomplished"),
All I know is that at the time of Desert Storm Iraq was #4 in the world (China, Soviet Union, US, Iraq)
Iran is a little less centralized and has funding in many militia in the surrounding areas.

One thing is for sure though, an occupation won't happen.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
ISIS was mainly active in Syria and Iraq with some smaller offshoots in other countries, but never really anything which really threatened those countries' governments. You put the entire Middle East on fire, you're gonna have ISIS 2.0 in terms of numbers, and the ongoing US warmongering will for sure increase public support in those countries.
Yeah yeah. I was just thinking about the deeds they had done. Not how many there would be or what technology would be available. Sorry if I was not clear enough about "you win". It is certainly not a matter to take lightly. And I hope that sensible people prevail. All this warmongering is very scary and I hope that better times will come.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Iran war will let iraq look like a cakewalk militarily and economically.
Both Iraq and Afghanistan were easy mode. The US will be turning it up to hard mode if they fight Iran. I will feel sorry for the countless soldiers on both sides and civilians who will be killed for Trump's fucking ego.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does everything assume any action would be taken unilaterally by the US? I imagine Saudi Arabia and Israel would be chomping at the bit to join in too
iran would have a much easier time retaliating against S.A and Israel than they would the U.S. don't think those two countries would want to risk the potential damage.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
lmao why do we even have a congress? republicans are allowed to play government on easy-mode. this is such bullshit.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A part of me thinks Trump realizes the healthy economy he's experiencing right now is something he wishes to protect. Going to war would completely destroy that.

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Europe needs to make a stand. Another crisis in the middle East will destroy the EU. Syria divided the EU, an attack on Iran will destroy it. Perhaps that was the setup all along. Can't have the EU as a large economic block.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Literally everything people said God King Obama would do, this dude is actually doing, and all of the whiners then are saying nothing now.

A war would likely give him every conservative-ish vote in the country because Muh Americuh and the rah rah bullshit eggheads in this country fall for, time and time again.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Is America ready for another war? It seems incredibly war weary as a nation, and the pretext this time is just oh so thin.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
CNN: Pentagon to brief on plan that could send thousands of additional US troops to Middle East
Pentagon officials are scheduled to brief senior members of President Donald Trump's national security team as soon as Thursday on a plan that could send thousands of additional US troops to the Middle East amid rising tensions with Iran, according to three US officials familiar with the effort.

The officials emphasize no decision about a deployment has been made. They also say all the troops might not be needed at once. Some could be sent quickly as a deterrence measure, others might only be sent if tensions rise to the point the US believes an attack is imminent.

It wasn't immediately clear who called for the meeting and it is not yet certain if Trump will attend, though his approval would be needed for such a significant deployment of troops.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/22/politics/iran-troops-options/index.html

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iran played by our rules and are getting fucked anyway. No country will ever trust the US again.