• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I followed along when it was in the House, to see the case being built, to stay informed. I've pretty much completely ignored it since it hit the Senate. It's pretty much just been play acting from what little I have been following.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
We knew what the ending was going to be. Better to focus on november, that was the only real shot folks have.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
GxImMDj.gif

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It being a foregone conclusion basically ensured that. Clinton's proceedings at least had salacious details to compel casual attention, but Trump's is about doing things to/with a foreign nation that most people would probably agree is wrong, but also don't care about.

He's also successfully lowered the bar of expectations for his behavior so low that it's all met with a giant shrug.

Oct 25, 2017
When Graham and McConnall went on TV and bragged about how they weren't going to be fair, everyone knew that it was a lose cause.
The focus is on the election. Getting rid of all those shitty senators. Refusing to allow witnesses in a trial is something people can latch on to. Much like Hillary's e-mails.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until a leftist tires to do 1/1000th of what Trump ever did.
Streets would be crowded, everything on fire.
They don't care because it's a bit rich white man
Yup. Conservatives don't play by rules. As long as they're winning then everything goes, and anything against them is simply fake news.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
They'll only care when their creature comforts start to disappear. Humanity is a disease.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this results in Bernie surging in the Iowa caucus next week. Biden's bullshit neighborly reaching across the aisle isn't good enough to fix things.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How can we care? GOP will never convict, they don't care if he's guilty. The whole trial is fake and all for show, everyone knew from the beginning he was never going to get convicted. Why waste time following a rigged trial?

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
We all knew the Senate would acquit Trump regardless, but not having any witnesses and other shenanigans made a complete mockery of the whole system.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah I think my workplace of mostly 25-30 year olds had virtually no one who was paying any attention. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them had no idea anything was even happening.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
It is because of the media's coverage. It has been all both sides junk. The nightly news isn't calling out the lies of the Trump side as lies. That's causing people to care less than they should.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really watched it. I kept up with updates here and twitter and in the Washington post.

The Kavanaugh shit broke me. I can't watch the Republican farce anymore. I just can't.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I didn't bother watching it because i already knew what was going to happen. Republicans are not going to vote Trump out of office so why put myself though stress just to be disappointed? We gotta vote his ass out come November.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The left isn't watching because it's been run by scumbag con artists who would acquit if Trump blew their mother's' heads off next to them.

The right isn't watching because the hillbilly dipshits that live and die by Fox News are either complicit in or don't care about his senile antics.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't matter.

He's not leaving The White House until he loses an election.

Even then I have my doubts he'll leave voluntarily.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I can't handle the blatant lies and shifting positions. The Republican party has made their position on corruption clear. I'll take the regurgitated and sanded down updates from here from era.

Plus, this is a clear example of how spoilers ruin ratings. We've had leaks on how this whole thing ends since 2017, they're impossible to miss.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It was tuned out because everyone knew the outcome waaay before it even started.

"Separation of powers" lololol

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twitter trends says differently, but yes national news has been both-sidesing the impeachment coverage lest they lose viewers.
This is the first major political event that I've observed daily trends for across social media and the idea that no one cares is silly. It's very obvious that a lot of people care, given how much of the Senate trial has dominated national discussion across the usual apps.

I'd also add that there's a difference between thinking it doesn't matter because you're already determined to vote against Trump and dismissing it due to Trumpism.

I'll suggest further that "no one I know talks about it" anecdotes likely stem from how divided and bitter we've become over politics as citizens. *I* absolutely never bring up Trump at work. His presidency is too sensitive a subject.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Couldn't care less. The primaries are more important. I'd rather get this over with ASAP and get the senators to Iowa.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lulling people into apathy is how autocrats take control of governments.
People can be apathetic as much as they want about this impeachment and save it for 2020. No amount of emotion is going to undo the consequences of Dems failing in 2016 and 2018. Elections matter.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I know a few people that are really upset they're missing General Hospital because of this. lol

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone knows how it's gonna turn out, so why watch. I get my news from NYT Daily and WaPo podcast, who update me on the important clips of the trial.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
The general degrading of democratic participation in civic life foreshadowed this. And probably signals a major milestone in the decline of the US' democratic republic.

Yep. The notion that none of it matters and everything is foreordained has become the cornerstone of American civic life, and our government has done very little to disabuse us of that mindset.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. The notion that none of it matters and everything is foreordained has become the cornerstone of American civic life, and our government has done very little to disabuse us of that mindset.

I feel like there have been studies suggesting that the assassinations of the 60s, compounded on Nixon and Kent State, started a steady decline.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no faith in Congress, especially the GOP, so there's no reason to follow the pointless rollercoaster of emotion. I'm keeping tabs on it, but he was never going to be removed from office.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I was in during the open statements by the Prosecution.

Soon as they rested, I tuned out.

The Republican/Trump Defense shitshow of book-deal hunting sycophants was too much.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knew this was going to be a sham. The real battle is in November.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
About 3 out of 4 people wanted witnesses. You saw the why as far as why it didn't matter. The GOP in the House and Senate don't give a shit about the American people

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can't speak for others but for me it's because I can get all the crucial news through reading and it's not like I'm waiting in suspense for the outcome, he was always going to be acquitted and I'd rather not waste my time seeing Republicans shit all over law and order while gloating about it.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't turn on the television once but I kept up with what happened and maintained a steady, simmering outrage regardless. I'm sure this was the common interaction.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
The reason i know it doesn't matter is cause I know the republicans are gonna do whatever it takes to protect him. I'm glad he is impeached, I'm glad all this process happened..but I'm not tuning in cause I know the ending. I will vote him out in 2020 a long with every dingus who agrees with him

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The reason i know it doesn't matter is cause I know the republicans are gonna do whatever it takes to protect him. I'm glad he is impeached, I'm glad all this process happened..but I'm not tuning in cause I know the ending. I will vote him out in 2020 a long with every dingus who agrees with him
Yep and I want massive loses for the entire Republican Party. Most people aren't watching because they know republicans will not choose to do the right thing. All we can do now is vote every last one of them out and have all three branches and then enshrine all their bad behavior into laws so they have to follow the law going forward and enshrine old norms into laws because clearly republicans will do anything for power and will say fuck decorum.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I think trump has been on some sort of "trial" for years now. Stormy Daniels, Mueller (remember that guy) and now an impeachment. Nothing is surprising at this point. Even the impeachment by the Democrats seems to be shrugged off. It's no surprise people are tuning out. I don't hear anyone talking about this "off line". It's just another day in America it feels like.

I think a lot of it is how explosive political opinions have become, nobody wants to bring it up if they think the whole room isn't on their side. Most people have an opinion on it but nobody wants to be that guy.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Not American but I sure as hell haven't tuned into one minute of the Trails, whats the point I already know how corrupt he is and already knew the Senate was going to do nothing about it. Either America votes him out or they will continue to fuck themselves.