• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Breaking right now

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tr...ed-include-ken-starr-alan-dershowitz-n1117746

President Donald Trump's defense team for the Senate trial is expected to include former independent counsel Ken Starr, who investigated President Bill Clinton, and famed defense attorney Alan Dershowitz, a source familiar with the matter told NBC News.

Also expected to join the team is Robert Ray, who succeeded Starr as Clinton special counsel.

The legal team is expected to be led by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone and Trump personal lawyer Jay Sekulow.

Ken Starr was the special counsel for the Whitewater case and former chancellor of Baylor who was ousted in 2016 over his mishandling of the sexual assaults at Baylor, Alan Dershowitz, a prominent Trump defender and probable sex predator, and Robert Ray, Starr's successor for Whitewater all expected to join a team that includes Pat Cipollone, Jay Sekulow, and Pam Bondi.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Having recently listened to a podcast about the Clinton impeachment, Ken Starr is a creepy fucking weirdo.

EDIT: The podcast is Slow Burn Season 2. Season 1 also talks about Nixon. Season 3 is Biggie and Tupac which is okay but never wraps up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Holy shit. Ken Starr? Again? Can we get the timeline we used to exist in back yet? Because this one is a fucking joke.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Does he hire people on how they praise him intead of their ability?
That would explain why most of his venture fail..

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Well I guess that answers the question "If you scrape through the bottom of the lawyer barrel, who do you find?"

"Making Attorneys Get Attorneys" and "My Attorney Got Arrested" both in play.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Dershowitz has done more to harm Trump's case than almost anybody, with the exception of Rudy Guiliani, so I'm glad Trump wants his legal celebrity on his team. It also officially moves Ken Starr from being "Outside Neutral Observer Defending Donald Trump in every Television Interview" (the title he's pretending to project) to paid legal spokesman for Trump.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ken Starr?!

giphy.gif

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
It would purely be nerd fanservice, but I'd love it if the writers for this arc had Ty Beard join the team, even in a background role.

Oct 25, 2017
Not like they'll have much to do. Deny deny deny. Perfect phone call. No quid pro quo. Angry democrats. Witch hunt. Republicans fall in line. Done.
Hopefully we get some juicy sound bites the Democratic nom can flood the election with.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Sekulow basically defending himself. That'll be interesting.
I also don't get that tweet in OP. What's the reason Dershowitz is joining?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
If you haven't heard his name in a while then you might've missed that he was recently the president of Baylor University. He was fired a couple years ago because under his tenure the university repeatedly looked the other way and helped cover up allegations of sexual assault (usually this was because they wanted to protect the rapists on the football team).

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Wait is his defense going to be "Clinton was worse" or something?
Lying about getting a blowjob vs possible involment in assassinating your own ambassador because she wouldn't help you in your scheme to blackmail a foreign gov't into election interference.

Hmmm, yeah I can definitely see how you can make that argument.