• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It'll be nice to have the everyday, non-game-playing people of America to have their opinions on people who play games be shifted from Fox News fear mongering to NBC's fast-food, thoughtless, mediocre sitcom that plays off of dumb stereotypes and broad-brush opinions on the entire hobby. That'll be just lovely.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Vpr325J.gif

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine the episode dedicated to a lead cast member staying up for a patch update. He'll lose sleep, damage relationships and make a lot of jokes about not needing sleep because he's always sleeping in rpgs.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's going to be exactly the same as the BBT but with gamers instead of physicists. Pass. I'm going to check out that Tales of Titans though.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Disgusting but sweet underdeveloped character: "You must be joking, Girls don't play videogames. It's simple evolution, boys play games while girls do..."

*it's interrupted by the Girl killing his character with an almost impossible play*

*Girl puts her smug face*

*Crowd cheers and claps*

Obviously self-inserted character: "Well, guess we found our new tank boys"

*Crowd laughs as if they all have been in a comma for the last 20 years and never heard a joke before*

🤣

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
This sounds hilarious for all the wrong reasons, but an e-sports team living together in a training house is a suprisingly fitting setting for a sitcom.

Oct 25, 2017
Reading this script had me a bit concerning about Rob McElhenney in Mystic Quest (Current in development) would end up like this similar, atrocious sitcom.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Game Grumps do something similar?

Thought the same thing. I think Dan Harmon created it. Never seen an episode, though.
Anyway, Chuck Lorre doesn't seem to have anything to do with this, and he's basically everything I hate about sitcoms.... but I still don't have high hopes for this.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I bet we're going to get all the overdone tropes and classic errors too.
  • I'm the best in the world at this game but OH NO MY WRIST, the Carpel Tunnel, it looks like I'll have to make a comeback by playing with my non-dominant hand
  • Rival player in a face concealing helmet who takes it off after a won match to reveal that -GASP- it's a woman
  • "Woah, are you running an Nvidia Geh-force Two-Thousand-and-Eighty Tee in there? That's hardcore."
  • "My heart hasn't raced this fast since I got a multikill on deh dust in last years Semi Finals"
  • "I got to choose between this hot date and playing that exciting upcoming game's brand new beta, what do I do - I know, I'll try to do both in one night."
  • "GUYS I JUST HEARD ON RESETRUH - LOGEH-TECH MICE ARE 80% OFF AT AMAZON, WE NEED TO GET ON THIS"

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a Friday night lights type show but esports instead of football. Just give me human stories of people who happen to play video games. The sitcom route is so low tier and low effort I just can't muster any enthusiasm.

laser

Feb 17, 2018
If the Big Bang Theory is any indicator, this will be plenty misogynistic and not funny. Hard pass.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Off topic but I really think a Masterchef-but-programmers show would work really well. Carmack and similar as guest stars or even team leads.

May 5, 2018
I honestly thought this was gonna be a parody sitcom about "The Squad" as in the American political group just by reading the title. This eSports sitcom sounds like a worse idea.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok. I don't want to be so negative like people here.
Even BBG was good for the first few season, it was a phenomena.

So we can atleast hope for few good episodes out of this. Not like they're asking for money out of my pocket.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I didn't think anything could get worse or more cringe-worthy than Big Bang Theory.

Touche NBC. Well played.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Considering the dumb shit I've seen or heard about certain esports players this has a lot of potential in becoming mainstream popular. I really can't see a show like this failing even with hacks on the team.

They better not screw this up.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
"Jeez...what's with him?"
"Oh...he's Hanzo main"
**laugh track**
"Yeah, that make sense"
**laugh track with applause**

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for those heated gamer moments™️ folks!

They are absolutely gonna pull the "omg is that a g-g-girl?!" trope and I'll be smothering my scream with a pillow.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I sincerely hope that this show begins with the main character playing StarCraft 1 with an Atari 5200 controller while Pac-Man sound effects are being played.

Regardless of how good or bad this ends up being, I was just thinking that it'd be fun to be able to guest star on one of these things or have a game you worked on show up. And then I remembered that I actually do have a game that showed up on a popular TV series (Cthulhu Saves the World - they stuck it on a TV in a scene on a Lovecraft-themed episode on Supernatural).

My new goal in life is to try to convince any of the game industry people I know with name recognition to guest star on this thing.