• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You don't think Sr may have spoken to AD and Klutch before his reaching out to ESPN with this statement?
I'm sure he did. Where does the below say that AD would sit out a year though?

"
"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."
Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he said. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure he did. Where does the below say that AD would sit out a year though?

"
"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."
Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he said. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

you want to have plausible deniability in the instance the league "investigates" this. That's why senior threw that piece in there about is his opinion. League could find him for tampering. At the end of the day, you have to help the league to help you. That's why no one has came out stating they want to play for such and such team bc this would be considered tampering, and the league can nix the trade.

Last edited:

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If they trade for AD? 99%. If they don't? 80%. They made game 7 of the ECF without him last year. They will be fine as the season moves along, barring injury.

I would of agreed with this if it wasn't for AD's dad making that comment. Now things are just...well...weird. I think Irving will be in a Lakers jersey if AD does end up there this season. I think there is a push for this as well. Tin foil hat on and everything.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo how exactly does he stop it from happening ?

Direct line to the commish to stop the trade ?

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BACK AT IT KID

Apparently the 800 bits of news saying Boston was last place/highly unlikely just didn't work for this Boston stan

AD won't be a a Celtic, if he does get forced there by the Pels (1% chance) then he'll leave ASAP.

Why do you keep arguing against literally every insider, analyst, oh and the player and his own dad? What could possibly drive you to keep spamming this thread with only the Celtics can and will get him. Give it a rest already

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
With the NBA's trade deadline approaching, the Lakers and New Orleans Pelicans have yet to discuss the offers the Lakers made for six-time All-Star forward Anthony Davis, but that conversation is expected to take place next week.

The Pelicans are considering a counter offer that would ask for two first-round picks and add a Pelicans player to the deal, according to people with knowledge of the situation who requested anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20190202-story.html

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Adding salary is going to be a tough sell of Magic and co. want a third max slot available. The two first should be a no brainer though.

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
you want to have plausible deniability in the instance the league "investigates" this. That's why senior threw that piece in there about is his opinion. League could find him for tampering. At the end of the day, you have to help the league to help you. That's why no one has came out stating they want to play for such and such team bc this would be considered tampering, and the league can nix the trade.

Tampering is inducing or enticing another player to play for another team. A player saying he wants to play for another team isn't tampering because you can't induce or entice yourself. AD's dad can't be tampering either because he's not part of the league and can't be punished.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Tampering is inducing or enticing another player to play for another team. A player saying he wants to play for another team isn't tampering because you can't induce or entice yourself. AD's dad can't be tampering either because he's not part of the league and can't be punished.

The point I'm making is not to give the league any more ammo to be used against this trade. Once this goes down, you can bet owners will be sending letters to Silver. Hence why I believe AD Sr added the "my opinion" at the end. His message is by design and an extension of AD and Klutch.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The point I'm making is not to give the league any more ammo to be used against this trade. Once this goes down, you can bet owners will be sending letters to Silver. Hence why I believe AD Sr added the "my opinion" at the end. His message is by design and an extension of AD and Klutch.
The league can't do anything about the trade.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Owners can cry all they want. This isn't the same situation as "basketball reasons".

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Laker fans if we get Davis and another star over the summer who else is on board with holding a WWE style introduction for everyone before the start of the season?

Like what the Heat did but taken to the next level?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Milwaukee isn't going to move heaven and earth to have two guys who basically play the same position. In a fantasy scenario where they dump Middleton and Brogdon, are they even better than they are right now?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Anthony Davis and Giannis in Milwaukee would be fucking awesome.

But yeah I'm not sure what the hell the Bucks would have to give up to get him and then at that point it risks a lot. They're already doing so well. Why risk that unless they can get him on the cheap?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Anthony Davis and Giannis in Milwaukee would be fucking awesome.

But yeah I'm not sure what the hell the Bucks would have to give up to get him and then at that point it risks a lot. They're already doing so well. Why risk that unless they can get him on the cheap?

You don't get players like Anthony Davis on the cheap. The Bucks have literally nothing to offer that the Pelicans or anybody else would want in this situation.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances the Lakers grab DeAndre if they get an AD deal done? I assume they'll be parting with a lot of talent if it happens.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances the Lakers grab DeAndre if they get an AD deal done? I assume they'll be parting with a lot of talent if it happens.

I doubt Tyson or Javale will be involved in any deal so I'd say probably pretty low. They don't really need him. Most likely Lonzo and Rondo (for his salary) will be involved so they are going to need to get out and find a clearance bin PG asap.