• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
Welp, good run for the young guys. DJ/KJ will come back hungry, and I doubt Pop wants to go out like this.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Man after talk this season from the media and NBA fans about wanting the team to move and no one goes to the games, it felt awesome to get this win in front of a sold out crowd. Started the season 1-12 and a game away from the 8th seed.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Clippers should make short work of these Pelicans
psbNd7k.gif

Silver gonna put Scott Foster or some shit on this game to make sure a LA team in the playoffs. Herb 5 fouls in the first half

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Skeets did his 10 All NBA Teams, as has become tradition:

Did not qualify due to lack of games played: No PG, Kyrie, Dame, AD, Klay, Beal, Draymond & others

Listed C/F/F/G/G

First Team: Jokic/Giannis/Tatum/Booker/Luka

Second Team: Embiid/Durant/Derozan/Morant/CP3

Third Team: KAT/Siakam/Lebron/Steph/Trae

Fourth Team: Bam/Butler/Jaylen Brown/Mitchell/Dejounte

Fifth Team: Gobert/Middleton/Lavine/Garland/VanVleet

Sixth Team: Jarrett Allen/Mikal Bridges/Jaren Jackson Jr/Lamelo/Jrue Holiday

Seventh Team: Ayton/Sabonis/Miles Bridges/McCollum/Harden

Eighth Team: JV/Ingram/Wiggins/Anthony Edwards/Herro

Ninth Team: Vucevic/Scottie Barnes/Mobley/Desmond Bane/Haliburton

Tenth Team: Timelord/Tobias Harris/Aaron Gordon/Fox/SGA

lol harden

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Harden's legacy is legit on the line during these playoffs. Could still be playing on the Nets stress free if he waited for just a couple more weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it sucks Dejounte had a bad nite, I just saw that he dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks with whatever illness he had. Huge bummer this happened right at the end of the season.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Harden's legacy is legit on the line during these playoffs. Could still be playing on the Nets stress free if he waited for just a couple more weeks.

If the Nets get farther then the 76ers this year, oh lawd there is gonna be hell to pay in Philly. On top of that if Simmons comes back and meaningfully contributes to a finals run/win? Can you imagine a more nightmare scenario for 76ers fans?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The second segment on First Take today was literally "Can The Hawks Upset the Heat in the First Round of the Playoffs?"

Had me like damn they really have zero respect for the Cavs.

Oct 26, 2017
If the Nets get farther then the 76ers this year, oh lawd there is gonna be hell to pay in Philly. On top of that if Simmons comes back and meaningfully contributes to a finals run/win? Can you imagine a more nightmare scenario for 76ers fans?

Imagine too if Ben Simmons suddenly starts shooting with his dominant hand and shoots 40% from three, scoring 30 PPG and winning FMVP???

(the 76ers and Nets are going to lose in the first round. Simmons has no chance of contributing positively after all this time off and Harden is simply old and declining rapidly)

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tanking so blatantly the league had to change draft lottery rules while never even making a conference finals is already a nightmare. Philly is proof that basketball gods do exist.

The second segment on First Take today was literally "Can The Hawks Upset the Heat in the First Round of the Playoffs?"

Had me like damn they really have zero respect for the Cavs.

Poor Cavs. I'm pulling for you, Cleveland!

(so Indy gets your pick...)

Nov 27, 2017
California
Ben needs to play game 1 to have the Celtics confused with no game plan
Like when the Celtics were the first team to play the new look cavs after LeBron traded everyone, the Paul pierce jersey retirement game

By game 4 they'll know how to defend KD and Kyrie and just play zone to let Ben shoot from 3/long 2's

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

They already had that when they let Butler walk to the Heat, the 76ers got swept in the first round and the Heat made the Finals. It would just be deja vu.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Ben needs to play game 1 to have the Celtics confused with no game plan
Like when the Celtics were the first team to play the new look cavs after LeBron traded everyone, the Paul pierce jersey retirement game

By game 4 they'll know how to defend KD and Kyrie and just play zone to let Ben shoot from 3/long 2's
Brad will descend from the rafters like the undertaker.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine that Ben is so shook by his playoffs fuck up last year that he needs a whole year to mentally recover, then he returns in game 6 of this years playoffs and immediately blows the game again. He might just retire at that point.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Imagine that Ben is so shook by his playoffs fuck up last year that he needs a whole year to mentally recover, then he returns in game 6 of this years playoffs and immediately blows the game again. He might just retire at that point.

Not going to lie: I'm no fan of the Nets but if Simmons comes back and on the first possession, dribbles the ball up the court and nails a three... that would be kinda awesome.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't think Ben plays in this series and would be legit surprised to see him in Boston.

I can't decide what level threat I think the Hawks would be to the Heat if they win. Classic strength vs. strength, weakness vs weakness matchup. I'm not a huge believer in the Hawks but do think they're a dangerous lower seed. I really think the Hawks can be a terrifying offense - they are good enough to be able to get good shots against elite defense.

The Hawks are a truly abysmal defense - they don't lock up on the perimeter, only decent rim protection at best, sloppy rotations, don't force turnovers - but Lowry, Jimmy and the other wings don't strike me as the type of players to fully exploit those consistently.

But the Heat have like the 3 toughest players in the series. Think they just impose their will.

Oct 26, 2017
The Heat's issue is that Butler was fucking horrible in the postseason last year and it's extremely easy for Mobley and De'Andre Hunter to replicate what PJ Tucker and Giannis did against Butler last year.

Not sure Butler can play in the postseason anymore if he can't make shots. We'll see.

Butler managing to completely dodge any criticism for a humiliating postseason last year has been honestly interesting. I think fans and the media just like him too much to criticize him (with the exception of Wolves fans, of course, lol)

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
How is contributing in a playoff series a dumb plan?
It's people doubting he can contribute at least contribute more than one else would. We all know for a fact as soon as he gets the ball, he's gonna be fouled and put on the line to see if can make a free throw. The Celts are gonna go at him hard on offense and defense.

Is he even doing five on five practices yet? Last I heard that was still a no.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Shots fired at Super Team chasers.

Isn't this the guy who was a restricted free agent and Chicago just matched the Sacramento offer sheet? What is he talking about, that he didn't demand a trade or something?

I'd love to get his thoughts in the alternate universe where he was actually stuck in Sacramento the past four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.