• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Did you see that DeRozan is up to 1,539 points after this recent game, dear chum?

Why certainly, what an exquisite point maker he is.

Indeed he is.

At this rate, I would not be surprised if he surpassed 2,200 points!

What a jolly good show that would be.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Remember when the Spurs just kept feeding David Robinson the ball and scored 70 in the final game of the season just to deny Shaq the scoring title?

This is a title that makes a lot of sense to have be PPG.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
when you check players stats, yall check their totals or their averages per game? yeah

No one cares about totals unless we're talking about some record being broken or something like that.

Also, the scoring title becomes less relevant each season. Feels like right now there are easily 10+ players in the league that could average 30 if that was what they were playing for.
mostly averages for NBA. Some stats people do talk totals like 3PM and TOV

disagree on the less relevant part. I don't think that's significantly changed

Did you see that DeRozan is up to 1,539 points after this recent game, dear chum?

Why certainly, what an exquisite point maker he is.

Indeed he is.

At this rate, I would not be surprised if he surpassed 2,200 points!

What a jolly good show that would be.

well NFL does do that for most of their stats. They do mostly totals. On their talking head shows too
is discussing Lebron at 30.27 vs Giannis at 30.01 inherently worse than talking about someone at 2100 vs 2200 points total?

I personally have no issues with per game. It's good. Maybe rolls of the tongue better? And totals are fine too. And I get the argument bringing longevity into scoring champ over missing dozens of games if someone wants to make it
Either is fine

but...ya'lls arguments that per game is notably superior are pretty trash lol

It's not that ppg or points totals per season are objectively superior compared to the other. It's that one is always used and the other is entirely ignored.

Points totals can be more important when it comes to career totals. But that's about it. That goes for all per-season totals - assists, rebounds, steals, blocks. They're ignored because they're ignored.
yea i agree. That's how the NBA does it historically, and it works well enough, so why change it.

Last edited:

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
It's not that ppg or points totals per season are objectively superior compared to the other. It's that one is always used and the other is entirely ignored.

Points totals can be more important when it comes to career totals. But that's about it. That goes for all per-season totals - assists, rebounds, steals, blocks. They're ignored because they're ignored.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
My thoughts if those seeds stick is whatever happens with the Nets will be funny as hell. If they don't make it past the play-ins, funny. If they do, they're a major threat to knock out the #1 seed in the first round. Also very funny.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here's my play-in predictions:
7th: Cavs (East), Jazz (West)
8th: Hornets (East), Clippers (West)
9th: Nets (East), Pelicans (West)
10th: Hawks (East), Spurs (West)
Lol: Big 3 Lakers, Knicks
Kings: Kings

7th Seed Game Winner/7th seed: Cavs (East), Jazz (West)
9-10 Game Winner: Hawks* (East), Pelicans (West)
8th Seed Game Winner/8th seed: Hornets (East), Pelicans (West)
*Assuming Trae goes off against the Nets

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I was watching First Take live yesterday, and heard him do it, but it didn't register with me that SAS referenced Ballsack Sports on their made up Kyrie/Harden situation

Absolute legendary troll account, I've said it before.

Here's my play-in predictions:
7th: Cavs (East), Jazz (West)
8th: Hornets (East), Clippers (West)
9th: Nets (East), Pelicans (West)
10th: Hawks (East), Spurs (West)
Lol: Big 3 Lakers, Knicks
Kings: Kings

7th Seed Game Winner/7th seed: Cavs (East), Jazz (West)
9-10 Game Winner: Hawks* (East), Pelicans (West)
8th Seed Game Winner/8th seed: Hornets (East), Pelicans (West)
*Assuming Trae goes off against the Nets
Can't the Nets just win out and take the 7th seed, assuming the Cavs lose to them and the Bucs? I assume sweeping the season series would make that happen.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Prediction- Pelinka gets fired for taking Westbrook over DeRozan

I mean, he gets fired because of Westbrook, but if they had gotten DeRozan the complaining would have been non stop (until DeRozan actually performed on the court). I don't think anyone expected this kind of season from him, and many probably thought that the contract he got was a stretch.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, he gets fired because of Westbrook, but if they had gotten DeRozan the complaining would have been non stop (until DeRozan actually performed on the court). I don't think anyone expected this kind of season from him, and many probably thought that the contract he got was a stretch.
While I love what Deebo is doing in Chicago and hope he wins a title, I would've loved the spurs to get Kuzma from the Lakers. Tho no trade between the two will ever happen until Pop retires so honestly it was always a nonstarter there was no way for DeMar to go to Lakers without spurs helping

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Doc Rivers gets so many '2nd' attempts despite underperformance after underperformance.

Honestly, maybe it's because I'm a Heat homer, but Doc has always been like the Anti-Spo in my opinion. Both of them got a "reputation" for their early success being gifted to them because they coach super teams, but in the years since Spo has always been able to make the most out of arguably lackluster rosters while Doc has had how many arguably Championship-level teams and they've all still crumbled one way or another.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
You think Morey was just going to let Doc get away with blaming Harden for the loss the other night?

Harden could go 0/30 every remaining game and Morey would blame literally anyone else.

I'd pay good money to see Doc Rivers coach a LeBron team. Those are two personalities I'd love to see clash.

Oct 26, 2017
Quin understands basketball pretty well, but is basically afraid of his own shadow and refuses to try to make his players change at all and refuses to bench any vet.

Royce O'Neale has been terrible for basically his entire career and has been badly outplayed by Danuel House and Quin just continues to play him 30 minutes per game every night because he's scared to bench him. This is despite Royce O'Neale being the entire reason the Jazz lost in the 2020 playoffs and Royce having improved not even a little since then. A bad offensive player and a much worse defensive player.

Donovan Mitchell is arguably the worst defender in the league relative to his physical tools and Quin has not pushed him even a little to be a good defender.

Clarkson and Mitchell also just refuse to ever pass and Quin never tries to motivate them to pass the ball more even as Gobert grows increasingly furious at how Clarkson and Mitchell pound the air out of the ball.

Good understanding of basketball, but one of the worst in the league at adjusting and making players better.

Basically, Quin would be playing Ariza 30 minutes per night out of fear of losing the locker room somehow.

Oct 30, 2017
You think Morey was just going to let Doc get away with blaming Harden for the loss the other night?

Harden could go 0/30 every remaining game and Morey would blame literally anyone else.

I'd pay good money to see Doc Rivers coach a LeBron team. Those are two personalities I'd love to see clash.
I thought the same thing. Those are two very big and very fragile egos colliding together.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
And having to coach that team in particular. I guess that's one way to keep them in the news next year.
yep lol. wall/lebron/davis (plus whatever flotsam vets they bring aboard) and doc?

every single year of these legm laker teams have been worthy of one of those amazon/netflix bts documentaries, but i'd def want one for that season.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
I strongly believe that Doc Rivers, as a manner of self-preservation, is the only coach that would straight up blame LeBron for the teams construction at a media scrum.

So I absolutely want him as the coach. I want the possibility of a dejected Doc Rivers answering a reporters question about a blowout Lakers loss to OKC by saying "ask LeGM why we lost."

I will buy a Westbrook AND a Harden jersey if Doc becomes the Lakers HC.

Edit: I resend my multiple comments in the past that wished for John Wall to join the Lakers. I don't want him in that mess. I hope he gets bought out and joins a contender.

He'd be a great backup PG for the Bucks on a vet minimum. Love John Wall. Maybe he can backup Ja in Memphis? Ja has shades of Walls speed.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Doc Rivers becoming the Lakers coach.

That team has become a parody of itself at this point, it's beautiful.
Can't the Nets just win out and take the 7th seed, assuming the Cavs lose to them and the Bucs? I assume sweeping the season series would make that happen.
I'd have more faith in their ability to do so if they didn't lose to the Pistons a week ago and weren't on a losing streak.

They don't even have the Casey Curse, what's their excuse?

EDIT: Celtics Rumors: At Least Two 'Frontline' Players Aren't Vaccinated
Boston team officials have declined to confirm or deny the roster's 100% vaccination rate. But according to The Boston Globe's Gary Washburn, at least two important Celtics players have not received the shots necessary to enter Canada.

"What could derail this season, however, is the team entering the playoffs without all players vaccinated," Washburn wrote in a column published Sunday. "The Celtics refuse to say publicly whether all their players are vaccinated, as some teams have declared. And according to an NBA source, at least two frontline players are not vaccinated, which would prevent those two players from participating in road games in a playoff series against the Toronto Raptors."

Following the Celtics' demolition of the Washington Wizards on Sunday afternoon at TD Garden, both Al Horford and Jaylen Brown failed to provide answers that made their vaccination status abundantly clear. We also don't know if Williams is vaccinated, but recovery from knee surgery is going to keep him out of Round 1 anyway
Ooh boy.

EDIT 2:

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming to terms with the fact Pacers may not draft Ivey. I now have my hopes set on Keegan Murray (primarily because I'm a Hawkeye fan).

Haliburton + Duarte + Murray + Jackson / our trade return for Brogdon + Turner

Let's get it done.

On that note I am open to your trade offers for any combination of: Brogdon, Hield, Brisset, Cavs 1st round pick

Oct 26, 2017

Heh heh heh heh

Ha ha ha ha

Quin and Royce O'Neale and Jordan Clarkson for THT and the Lakers' 2026 and 2028 firsts.

That's fair, right.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
scary hours for the lakers tonight, i'm expecting embarrassing tings bruvs

UQDfthw.gif

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I strongly believe that Doc Rivers, as a manner of self-preservation, is the only coach that would straight up blame LeBron for the teams construction at a media scrum.

So I absolutely want him as the coach. I want the possibility of a dejected Doc Rivers answering a reporters question about a blowout Lakers loss to OKC by saying "ask LeGM why we lost."

I will buy a Westbrook AND a Harden jersey if Doc becomes the Lakers HC.

Edit: I resend my multiple comments in the past that wished for John Wall to join the Lakers. I don't want him in that mess. I hope he gets bought out and joins a contender.

He'd be a great backup PG for the Bucks on a vet minimum. Love John Wall. Maybe he can backup Ja in Memphis? Ja has shades of Walls speed.

Now I'm thinking how exhausted that RDCWorld guy is going to be playing all the parts like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Suns have the 1 seed locked up and are resting half their players including Booker and Ayton. I doubt they care whether some shitty team way beneath them makes the play-in or not.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The thing is - even with the Suns resting players and not caring, that team is better than the Lakers. I doubt it will matter whether the Suns win by 10 or 25

Status
Not open for further replies.