• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will be the best rookie?

• LiAngelo Ball

Votes: 63 11.1%
  • Ben Simmons

Votes: 215 37.8%
  • Cade Cunningham

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Jalen Green

Votes: 51 9.0%
  • Evan Mobley

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Jalen Suggs

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Scottie Barnes

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I was telling someone yesterday afternoon that the Pistons were playing better. He wanted to bet on the Pacers due to the back end of the b2b.

Absolutely some of the guys (Cade) looked exhausted. A years worth of training and nutrition will be huge for Cade next season...his conditioning isn't great just yet. He missed, I believe, 3 easy layups, then he didn't have the same lift on his shots later on.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely some of the guys (Cade) looked exhausted. A years worth of training and nutrition will be huge for Cade next season...his conditioning isn't great just yet. He missed, I believe, 3 easy layups, then he didn't have the same lift on his shots later on.

Definitely - once he gets a bit stronger his in-between game and passing will enable easier drives. He's just so smooth. His pullup midrange is butter.

Oct 29, 2017

img_7208.jpg

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021

- Incredibly stubborn and resistant to change
- One of the lowest basketball IQs of all time
- Zero accountability
- Zero self-awareness whatsoever
- Sensitive af even though he pretends he doesn't care
- Stat chaser to the detriment of his teams
- Would rather go for a rebound than cover his wide open man at the 3 point line
- Never gets back on transition in time after a bad missed shot, especially layups
- Jacking up 3s as if he's not a 25% 3p shooter
- Again, zero accountability or self-awareness or willingness to admit fault and change for the betterment of the team

Honestly one of my most disliked 'superstars' of all time. I find him absolutely incorrigible and I don't even fuck with the Lakers.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
Love the heart on this Mavs team! couldn't afford to lose an easy game like that when we have a chance to pass the Jazz plus denver and minny on our heels.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
- Incredibly stubborn and resistant to change
- One of the lowest basketball IQs of all time
- Zero accountability
- Zero self-awareness whatsoever
- Sensitive af even though he pretends he doesn't care
- Stat chaser to the detriment of his teams
- Would rather go for a rebound than cover his wide open man at the 3 point line
- Never gets back on transition in time after a bad missed shot, especially layups
- Jacking up 3s as if he's not a 25% 3p shooter
- Again, zero accountability or self-awareness or willingness to admit fault and change for the betterment of the team

Honestly one of my most disliked 'superstars' of all time. I find him absolutely incorrigible and I don't even fuck with the Lakers.
agreed 100%

Oct 27, 2017
Big 3 has no meaning anymore. Back in my day all 3 guys had to be on Hall of Fame trajectories for the phrase to even be uttered. I'm gonna go yell at some clouds.
Multiple players on the same team playing well against the Knicks twice in a row is unprecedented in NBA history.

So what they found notable (and possibly "unprecedented") was that the 3 best performers in the NBA (by a well-defined metric) over a given period of time were all from one and the same team. Using their chosen metric, they did try to search for instances of something better (a precedent), and did find something close.

But it's really just a fun question to explore concretely in terms of stats, for those interested in that sort of thing: perhaps an invitation to query statmuse with your own favorite big 3, not at all something to take too seriously.

And definitely, fair on both points. Two of three games were against the Knicks, and the "given period of time" was just three games. Plenty of reasons to be skeptical that it can continue.

The stat nerd in me enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

Updating after last night:

A more straightforward stat:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Adam Silver sitting next to Jerry Seinfeld at this Duke Coach K thing?

Ah, didn't know Silver went to Duke.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Also hot take: The "Lol Bulls aren't contenders because they lose to over .500 teams" ignores how banged up the Bulls have been against said teams and how banged up they still are. Caruso, Williams, Lonzo are still out and i'm pretty sure another player got hit with the 6-8 week bug.
The facts are the facts. Bulls aren't the only team dealing with injuries. They stink against comp

image.png

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Something about Klay's body also looks different to me this year but I can't quite place it. Like he's carrying his weight in different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.